New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2016, 01:49 AM
Find More Posts by exf3bguy
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Oct 2011
1,848 Posts
Dean, have you found that the first maneuver in the new sequence requires a fair amount of power? We have had rain almost every weekend here so I havent had a.chance to try it. I remember that simular figure last year my 150 powered 3M was marginal.
exf3bguy is online now Find More Posts by exf3bguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2016, 07:39 AM
Find More Posts by Dean Bird
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Feb 2008
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exf3bguy View Post
Dean, have you found that the first maneuver in the new sequence requires a fair amount of power? We have had rain almost every weekend here so I haven't had a.chance to try it. I remember that similar figure last year my 150 powered 3M was marginal.
Hi Shawn,

I have the DA 200 throttle ATV dialed down from 100% to 85%. In the cool weather we've been flying in it's actually been too much power. I'm throttling up through the 135 push and it still accelerates too much on the 45 upline.

The 45 upline doesn't require much power. The 1.5 snap takes some energy and your 150 may not recover as quickly.
Dean Bird is offline Find More Posts by Dean Bird
Old Feb 02, 2016, 07:00 PM
Find More Posts by Dean Bird
Scottsdale, AZ
Joined Feb 2008
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Bird View Post
I'm installing the Nylon Snap-In Thrust Bearings from McMaster-Carr. Each elevator uses 5 of stock number 7817K53. They have an inside diameter of 4mm and an outside diameter of 5.2mm. I also ordered 4mm carbon tube from McMaster-Carr to use for the hinge pins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Bird View Post
I added the nylon thrust bearings to the phenolic arms for the rudder. The rudder was even quicker than the elevator bearings. The 13/64" drill bit could reach two phenolic arms from each end. That only left the middle phenolic to drill by hand.

The difference with the bearings is that the rudder has a thicker phenolic arm at the top and bottom. The McMaster-Carr part number on the bearing for the thicker phenolic arm is 7817K54. The part number on the bearing for the normal thickness phenolic arm is 7817K53.

Steve "Richo" Richardson recently created this video on installing the Nylon Snap-In Thrust Bearings.

CARF Hinge Bushing (10 min 36 sec)
Dean Bird is offline Find More Posts by Dean Bird