Old Oct 06, 2015, 12:52 PM
Find More Posts by shortbus1989
I do random gravity checks
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Feb 2013
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Nope not fixed yet ..still hanging up waiting ..thanx for the heads up hopefully i should be able to fix next week
Finally got around to replacing my motor mount on mine. Had a gravity test last weekend and the fuse broke in two behind the canopy. Other than that it was fine, very tough plane. Flew it again that same day, heard vibrations and landed. That's when I found the damage to the motor mount.
shortbus1989 is online now Find More Posts by shortbus1989
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2015, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by mjgravina
"Doc"
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2014
368 Posts
Hi Friends- Lost my favorite and most flown plane last week. This leaves me with little option but to sell my least flown one, to start getting funds in order to replace my main plane.

So I got this Yak 54, electronics. Read below and look at pics. Wondering how much you would ask for it. (Thanks for the help!!) Will be posting it locally in California.

ESC and motor in excellent shape (had a few kinks seen earlier in this thread but since fixed) and its working fine now.

I have a Hobby People batt I charged twice, about 6 months old, flown once with this plane's maiden.

Previous owner had crashed this plane once, and fuse had broken clean in the usual two parts (behind canopy, and right in front). It was properly glued, and it looks great. I have a Spektrum AR400 at the bottom.

I even made a Youtube video that shows the proper operation of the plane, surfaces and motor. (Will edit in as soon as I have it uploaded).
mjgravina is offline Find More Posts by mjgravina
Old Oct 10, 2015, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by jrtubb
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
2,179 Posts
I paid $150 for BNF with battery, mint, flown 2-3 times, local at my club.
jrtubb is online now Find More Posts by jrtubb
Old Oct 10, 2015, 05:48 PM
Find More Posts by Murdock80
Born to lose-live to win!!
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Nov 2014
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
I paid $150 for BNF with battery, mint, flown 2-3 times, local at my club.
Nice Tubb! Great flying airplane!
Murdock80 is online now Find More Posts by Murdock80
Old Oct 10, 2015, 10:33 PM
Find More Posts by jrtubb
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
2,179 Posts
My son loves it, I haven't even flown it It was a hard sell to him because he loves warbirds. Now this is his favorite plane.
jrtubb is online now Find More Posts by jrtubb
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:13 AM
Find More Posts by mjgravina
"Doc"
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Dec 2014
368 Posts
Just sold mine. Was tough, but replacing the plane i fly the most is vital. I'll be back, Yak 54 forum, greetings to all.
mjgravina is offline Find More Posts by mjgravina
Old Oct 11, 2015, 01:26 AM
Find More Posts by hoss138
Rancho Cordova, California
Joined May 2008
80 Posts
Yep... just sold it to me. LOL... I have been eyeballing this plane for a while. And was planning on picking up the new one. But, cruising craigslist today I find this one. Purchased it for about half what the new one costs. The fuse has been broken, but looks straight. I have already ordered a new replacement fuselage. It did have a couple issues that I was able fix. Got her bound to my DX6, Can't wait to take her to the field for the maiden. Probably on Monday.
hoss138 is offline Find More Posts by hoss138
Old Oct 11, 2015, 07:24 AM
Joined Nov 2014
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
My son loves it, I haven't even flown it It was a hard sell to him because he loves warbirds. Now this is his favorite plane.
Im the same way! I do most of the easy aerobatics till i learn them better. Then off to the yak for further learning!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 07:25 AM
Joined Nov 2014
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss138 View Post
Yep... just sold it to me. LOL... I have been eyeballing this plane for a while. And was planning on picking up the new one. But, cruising craigslist today I find this one. Purchased it for about half what the new one costs. The fuse has been broken, but looks straight. I have already ordered a new replacement fuselage. It did have a couple issues that I was able fix. Got her bound to my DX6, Can't wait to take her to the field for the maiden. Probably on Monday.
Youll laugh at how easy this thing is to fly and land! Good luck with the maiden man!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by hoss138
Rancho Cordova, California
Joined May 2008
80 Posts
Yay!!! I got a chance this morning to take the Yak out for her maiden flight. Wow what a plane!!! I Love it. All it needed was a couple clicks of trim and it was good. Took off and went right into a hover, it hung there for a few seconds. I went right into trying some stunts. That's what they're for right? Anyway... first flight was 2 1/2 minutes. landed it fairly nicely. (need to turn down the low rates) Took off and flew for about another minute & 1/2. My buddy got some video. Hopefuly he will send it to me soon so I can post it. My new favorite plane!!!!
hoss138 is offline Find More Posts by hoss138
Last edited by hoss138; Oct 11, 2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old Mar 02, 2016, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by tracknoob
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
6,476 Posts
Hope no one minds me venting a little. I have a Yak 54 original that was gifted to me and I love it. But this week, I did a boneheaded thing and let it spin into a tree, and really wanted to put it back right, like brandy new; not a spackle and strapping tape queen. Horizon only had a couple of the foam parts I needed, so I searched and searched and found two hobby shops that between them claimed to have the remaining parts I needed. So, I placed all three orders, and yet -- only Horizon didn't put the screws to me -- both other sources were showing stock, took my money, but then later informed me they did not have the parts, and are going to have to do refunds. Argh.

Folks, if you are supposedly a professional, running a hobby shop, then please #!@%#^#$@^$#$, don't claim you have inventory when you really don't!

I guess once again, Horizon shows why they have a great reputation for customer service, at least they had what they promised.

So, does anyone know where I can source these parts new, or like new? I'd be so grateful!:

EFL1008001 Wing Panel, Right: Yak 54 C-Z 1 $18.99
EFL1008003 Fuselage: Yak 54 C-Z 1 $34.99
EFL1008004 Stab, Right: Yak 54 C-Z 1 $6.99

(Fuse is kinda optional, but I really need the other two, badly!)

Thanks!
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Mar 02, 2016, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by whitehawk
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
United States, IN, Dyer
Joined Mar 2008
542 Posts
If at all interested, I'm selling my bird which is in excellent condition with only a handful of flights on her. I can provide you with my RCG listing if requested.
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Mar 02, 2016, 05:12 PM
Find More Posts by tominator06
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,502 Posts
I still have an intact airframe in good shape if you decide to buy something used.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Mar 02, 2016, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by tracknoob
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
6,476 Posts
Thanks for the replies, guys! Let me keep looking a couple of days for the NIP parts, but if I come up snakes eyes, I'll PM you.

tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Mar 05, 2016, 10:20 AM
Find More Posts by tominator06
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,502 Posts
Found this in my spare parts.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06