Old Feb 02, 2016, 02:21 PM
Find More Posts by AMTJIM
"Bible Thumper"
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2001
1,933 Posts
Discussion
Oldies-Recast and Upgraded

Recently took a serious plunge back into this realm and messing with many aspects, but the want for old foamies swim in my mind. Several of them emerging at the end of the beer cooler foam, brushed motors and lead power.
I would love to several recast in the new foam materials and with what has become dirt cheap, light and better powered electronics. A few that always pop into my head are the Ripmax Alienator, Great Planes Firebat, Funky Chicken(ABSOLUTELY!), Robbe Hunter. The Lanier U-2 has been surpassed by a EDF version an other gliders, but if they could do it again in EPO for $20? The Star Jet and mini Star Jet...dare I include the Kavan Mad Dog and Fun Dog? Although the HK Wingnetic may be the answer to those two, I bet the Dogs would fly great now.
AMTJIM is offline Find More Posts by AMTJIM
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2016, 09:23 AM
Find More Posts by Rhea
Registered with FAA since 2016
United States, MN, Eden Prairie
Joined Oct 2008
2,498 Posts
All very nice choices.
Many designs, except for the chicken, are available in some other form and/or name.
In some cases over the years I have been disappointed to see something drop off the list but then something else comes along to fill its place. There is only one thing I have had for a second go'round. I just keep moving forward with fond memories of the past.
Rhea is offline Find More Posts by Rhea