New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2016, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by Noircogi
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2013
2,493 Posts
I would be worried that the little air scoop would cause barometer issues because it will increase pressure with speed.
Noircogi is offline Find More Posts by Noircogi
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2016, 07:44 PM
Find More Posts by H8Monday
United States, CA, Orangevale
Joined Jan 2014
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
These little baro sensors are very prone to react to Light, temp and moisture. With the APMs I had to shield the exposed baro sensor with black foam.

Sudsy
Do you have a pictures Sudsy just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
I would be worried that the little air scoop would cause barometer issues because it will increase pressure with speed.
Yah I did think of that. That's why the area in front of the scoop is opened to reduce pressure and the opening to the rear is bigger than the front.
The plane was built to be as efficient as I could get it. That's why there are covers over all the electronics, batteries, tx and rx. I think so far it is. I'm getting consistent 60 minute flights.
H8Monday is online now Find More Posts by H8Monday
Last edited by H8Monday; Feb 03, 2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2016, 08:27 PM
Find More Posts by Sudsy
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8Monday View Post
Do you have a pictures Sudsy just in case.

Yah I did think of that. That's why the area in front of the scoop is opened to reduce pressure and the opening to the rear is bigger than the front.
The plane was built to be as efficient as I could get it. That's why there are covers over all the electronics, batteries, tx and rx. I think so far it is. I'm getting a consistent 60 minute flights.
Can't find pics on this computer but if I see some soon on my desktop I will post. Look at the beginning (setup) portion of any APM 2.5 forum and you will find it.

Sudsy
Sudsy is online now Find More Posts by Sudsy
Old Feb 03, 2016, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by etegration
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Feb 2014
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Dale View Post
Well I finally got my Tarot 250 done....
Tarot 250, Emax MT2204ii 2300kv, Eagle Tree Vector FC, Mini 200mw VTX, 2 blade 5045 props, Hobbywing 15amp esc X-Rotor 2-3s.
Been testing and flying with a 3S battery, I need to change out the ESC with some that can handle 4S battery but for now it flies GREAT I got a top speed of 57mph, climbs pretty fast, turns fast so for now till I think it is going to slow I am just gonna run with 3S batteries!!
It was a blast flying this little booger!!! need a little tweaking on the 3D hz for doing some flips and rolls!! Little slow on the flips
Super smooth when I am not jerking on the sticks!!

Here is a test flight video... I apologize in advance for the low quality video but I need to figure out where to put an HD cam on it!!!
In the video forward flight against the wind and with it, low flying bush dodging and a 400 foot climb!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D-ydZvOG_Y
man, youre making me strip my Nighthawk 250 of the Naze32 and put in my Vector just for fun hahahahah

Looks fun flying it and i love the OSD.
etegration is offline Find More Posts by etegration
Old Feb 03, 2016, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by D Dale
Zero Cash Money
United States, CA, NORTHRIDGE
Joined Nov 2013
4,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by etegration View Post
man, youre making me strip my Nighthawk 250 of the Naze32 and put in my Vector just for fun hahahahah

Looks fun flying it and i love the OSD.
I have Naze32 in a F330 and I thought it was a lot of fun.. But the Vector is a whole lot more fun to fly.... default settings and it was flying great... been tweaking the gains and playing with Center stick mode... it just seams to get better and better!!!!
D Dale is online now Find More Posts by D Dale
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 11:31 PM
Find More Posts by Joecool73
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Mar 2014
186 Posts
Any of you guys using center stick mode for your quad? From the manual and some videos it seems the vector will level when the sticks are centered but still allow full deflection for flips and rolls like 3d mode. How close to center sticks does it have to be to have it self level? Is it exactly at center or approximately to center? Also, if you were to flip a switch into 2DH mode to save it from a flip or roll while inverted, would it re-right itself and level out the quad right side up?
Joecool73 is online now Find More Posts by Joecool73
Old Today, 11:35 PM
Find More Posts by Daemon
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
31,794 Posts
It's proportional. Leveling tendency increases towards center. It's not an on/off
sort of thing. Yes 2DH will right the quad even if it starts inverted. This is pretty standard
for any modern multi controller.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon