New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2016, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by scottheli
Joined Mar 2009
239 Posts
Well guys, I was wondering if the thread was dead, but ya'll are keeping the F-45 air borne. Well, so am I, and now I have a lot of 7.4v 2000-2200mah batteries that need to fly. So, my question is, what other helicopters are 7.4v, preferably a step up to 6 channel and Brushless because I do believe that my BL motor and or esc are losing power because it does it on all my batteries, even a brand new one, even a different main board, but she still flys(now needs tail motor too). So, who makes a 7.4v 6channel heli that these batteries will fit is my new mission. In the mean time a tail motor is on order, and I may try a better ESC. Mine is the little Turnigy plush 18amp. What would a 25amp do? Keep em flyin, Scottheli
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2016, 04:44 PM
Find More Posts by sweets
United Kingdom, Brighstone
Joined Aug 2013
893 Posts
still fly mine every now and again.have the mjx bl main motor but still the stock tail, mjx sent me all the upgrades for free (c/f frame -could not be used with there bl mod, had to be the hk bl motor,flybar-did not have as much movement as stock flybar ,c/f tail gear box, ) things have moved on but at the time 2013 was a good fp helo which took the knocks .was a good size and a few of us made the 450/mjx which worked well.
sweets is offline Find More Posts by sweets
Old Jan 25, 2016, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by Patrick Olds
United States, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Mar 2013
127 Posts
Hi, Scott, good to see you here again!!! Are you using the big Lion Power 7.4v 2200 mah batteries in your F-45? They are way to big for mine? I can get away with the Turnigy Nano-tech 2.0 7.4v 2000mah in my F45. The one with the BL motor up grade and all the other stuff we both went through, lol. It flies good with the Nano-tech, but like I said the other one is just to big and heavy. And by the way I'm using 20 amp ESC in mine. Keep them airborne, Pat
Patrick Olds is offline Find More Posts by Patrick Olds
Old Jan 28, 2016, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by scottheli
Joined Mar 2009
239 Posts
Hi Patrick, I sent you a PM and yes I'm using the lion power ones and now I have a Rhino 2150mah 30c but the weight and size feels about the same, just hoping its more powerful, but who knows. I do know that better battery brands make a huge difference in anything RC. I still want to know what a bigger ESC, say a 25-30amp will do? Cheers, Scottheli
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:33 PM
Joined Mar 2013
127 Posts
Hi Scott, I just don't know all this PC Lingo lol, what's a PM???? Does this show my age ?? I just can't make those big batteries work, to HEAVY! I'm using a 20 amp ESC on my F45, seems to be just fine.
Was great to see you guys back on here, thought this Thread, had gone dead? I haven't flying much lately but really like to see what's going on. Keep Them AIRBORNE, Pat
Old Jan 29, 2016, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by cyclops13
United States, FL
Joined May 2014
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olds View Post
Hi Scott, I just don't know all this PC Lingo lol, what's a PM???? Does this show my age ?? I just can't make those big batteries work, to HEAVY! I'm using a 20 amp ESC on my F45, seems to be just fine.
Was great to see you guys back on here, thought this Thread, had gone dead? I haven't flying much lately but really like to see what's going on. Keep Them AIRBORNE, Pat
PM is private message. On the top right of your screen, click on Welcome Patrick Olds link, it will show you any unread message or link to inbox.
cyclops13 is offline Find More Posts by cyclops13
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:59 PM
Joined Mar 2013
127 Posts
Hi Cyclops13, THANK YOU, I remembered that after I had already sent that Post Reply in. Must be getting old or something, or maybe just stupid, lol. Poor Scott, he must think I have complete lost it. But I like to see that you all have started talking on this Thread again I enjoy reading about the F45. Scott, helped me a lot when I was rebuilding my F45, and I have several other Helis too, don't fly them much anymore, but I still like to check out this Thread, and RC Groups. So keep them Flying Pat.