Thank you.

G.
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Jan 23, 2016, 11:37 AM
Find More Posts by heliofarye
Joined Aug 2006
124 Posts
Gryphon,
Yes, I realized as batt are discharged and become soft over use the rpm will drop but, thank you for the guide to calculation. I was just looking at peak. Small prop sonic probable sounds cool. Full scale they are obnoxious.
However, anyone have practical experience with the 4 to 6S conversion?
And anyone have a copy of the instructions for the 32 BL 1010?

Thanks guys, I am late to the party, glad to see the thread is not totally dead.
Also, what's the current going price for a NIB and for a lightly used Scimitar? Local shop has one but still has the $350 tag on it. If I like the bird after first few flights will look for spares, Stuff happens<:-(
heliofarye is offline Find More Posts by heliofarye
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by Dansy
In search of speed......
Canada, ON, Prescott
Joined Apr 2013
584 Posts
I grab my second after they discontinued and it was $275 but I offer $225 cdn and they took it...

The first fail to pull out of a dive at max throttle this one now has JR servo.......so it won't happen again....
Dansy is offline Find More Posts by Dansy
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:16 PM
Joined Aug 2006
124 Posts
Dansy,
I ran across a few posts about the VT servo failures just scanning this thread. Based on that and your post you entered I searched "servo failed." Looks like I will probably change out the servos after a few non-max shakedown flights to be sure the plane and I can work together.

I am using the Scimitar as a refresher trainer I am hoping to fly a turbine Rookie this Spring and the Scimitar is very similar.

Thank you
Charles
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:57 PM
Find More Posts by Dansy
In search of speed......
Canada, ON, Prescott
Joined Apr 2013
584 Posts
I lost my first on the third flight....I was pulling very gently out of the full throttle dive.....to do low max speed pass over the runway wind was 30 km heading wind for the pass, and it didn't want to pull out.....the elevon servo (Both were strip the rest was fine).....the only one I crash in like 5 years....been flying for a long while.

It does need a hard surface thats fairly long for take off.....I don't even try on grass...
Dansy is offline Find More Posts by Dansy
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:33 PM
Joined Aug 2006
124 Posts
Dansy,
Thank you for the heads-up on how quick this can happen. I will buy or harvest some better servos before first flight. I have changed the wheels out for narrow much taller wheels. But this may answer why model was sold. We do not have any hard stand RC fields in my area.
Charles