mgz
Find More Posts by mgz
mgz
Joined Oct 2015
6 Posts
Question
Turnigy Nano Tech batteries from Ebay

Hello everyone.
I need to buy some lipos for my 250 quad and I found hobbyking's shipping to be expensive. Recently I have found these batteries on Ebay at lower price and free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Turnigy-n...-/181965600495

It looks like the color of the batteries is a bit different than the ones on hobbyking.
Also I have noticed that the wires coming out of these batteries are shorter than the battery in hobbyking but I didn't find any negative feedback about them.

Do you think they are real Turnigy and I should buy them or it is just to good to be true?
Thanks
mgz is offline Find More Posts by mgz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by James_S
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined May 2014
3,477 Posts
What you describe are classic signs of a counterfeit product. Isn't Turnigy a HobbyKing house brand?
James_S is offline Find More Posts by James_S
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:00 PM
Find More Posts by cmdl
http://www.sgvhumane.org/
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
10,665 Posts
If you're in the US, I'd recommend valuehobby.com for cheaper shipping. If elsewhere, ask on the regional forums or state your location and wait for a response on this thread. Setting your location in your account profile will help others to give you suggestions.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jan 18, 2016, 04:45 PM
Find More Posts by tarbs
Joined Nov 2015
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgz View Post
Hello everyone.
I need to buy some lipos for my 250 quad and I found hobbyking's shipping to be expensive. Recently I have found these batteries on Ebay at lower price and free shipping:

It looks like the color of the batteries is a bit different than the ones on hobbyking.
Also I have noticed that the wires coming out of these batteries are shorter than the battery in hobbyking but I didn't find any negative feedback about them.
I am in no way saying they r fake or real but the colour difference could b the lighting ,the wire length looks the same imho,the plug is a different colour though.I am also looking at the nano tech batteries but only 1s.type.
Do you think they are real Turnigy and I should buy them or it is just to good to be true?
Thanks
I am in no way saying they r fake or real but the colour difference could b the lighting ,the wire length looks the same imho,The plug is a different colour though.I am also looking at the nano tech batteries but only 1s.type.
tarbs is offline Find More Posts by tarbs
Old Jan 18, 2016, 08:13 PM
Find More Posts by James_S
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined May 2014
3,477 Posts
Well you could buy one and try it, it's not exactly a huge investment and maybe it'll be fine.

There is a TON of counterfeit stuff out there though, and if you find Turnigy LiPos cheaper than from HobbyKing I'd strongly suspect they're fake.
James_S is offline Find More Posts by James_S
Old Jan 19, 2016, 05:29 AM
Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
7,774 Posts
mqz,

It helps everyone to know your location, at least your country.

May I suggest you click on "MyRCGroups" (near the top of the page), then "Set Location" in the "Your Control Panel" box.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Jan 19, 2016, 06:18 AM
Find More Posts by AntiArf
Joined Feb 2013
1,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgz View Post
Hello everyone.

Thanks
Ebay feedback is generally useless since most people just leave good feedback when they get the stuff on time. I've seen known junk on there that doesn't seem to have any negative feedback.
AntiArf is offline Find More Posts by AntiArf