Old Sep 03, 2015, 02:23 AM
Find More Posts by Pete1978
Lincoln, UK
Joined Jun 2005
679 Posts
Wow! Congratulations Ken, it looked superb in flight, every inch as good as any competition scale model I've seen and even more incredible is seeing it fly like that and knowing the sheer level of detail aboard. With regards the c of g, I think it looked better on this flight than the first, the sit in the air was a lot more convincing although having to hold the nose up does suggest a forward c of g. Do you think there's a sweet spot between the two c of g's you've tried?

Having never built or flown a multi, I'm not qualified to comment on the takeoff swing but your idea for a rudder gyro seems eminently sensible.

I look forward to seeing you iron out the wrinkles on this stunning model and hope you get many problem free flights from it. If it was mine I'd be too terrified to even contemplate flying it!
Pete1978 is offline Find More Posts by Pete1978
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2015, 03:30 AM
Find More Posts by Spitfire1954
United Kingdom, England, East Riding of Yorkshire
Joined Jan 2011
638 Posts
Congratulation on a magnificent build and flight – you must be very pleased – looks every inch a Lancaster and looks to fly beautifully.
Charles
Spitfire1954 is offline Find More Posts by Spitfire1954
Old Oct 24, 2015, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by tobi504sq
Joined Oct 2015
6 Posts
Hello Ken
I have seen your videos on YouTube and wondered how to get in touch with you with out the Google nonsense. I joined this forum recently and am delighted to find that you are here.
I would very much like to discuss Lancaster 10th scale with you and what you have found best in the way of props motors spinners retracts wheels etc. I usually build my boats and aircraft but this time I thought that I would try an artf and enhance it etc. Thus a couple of weeks ago I acquired an ASM 10th scale model to construct. It looks good but I think it can be greatly improved .

If we can make contact privately too that would be great.

Tobi
tobi504sq is offline Find More Posts by tobi504sq
Old Oct 27, 2015, 08:06 AM
Find More Posts by rob66
rob
Joined Jun 2008
963 Posts
AWSOME,,,, can i ask who you used for the 3d printing,,,,
regards rob,
rob66 is online now Find More Posts by rob66
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:55 PM
Find More Posts by heli_madken
Liverpool, England
Joined Jan 2005
1,470 Posts
Thanks Tobi, Good luck with the ASM Lanc, I think originally it was for IC engines so I take it you are completing a conversion, please do a thread here it would be great to follow your progress

I think answers to all your questions can actually be found in my thread take a look through

Rob I use Shapeways, pretty good quality although I don't think they are as cheap as they used to be
heli_madken is online now Find More Posts by heli_madken
Old Oct 28, 2015, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by rob66
rob
Joined Jun 2008
963 Posts
ah ok,,i know them,,,,thanks,,,,
rob66 is online now Find More Posts by rob66
Old Oct 29, 2015, 01:29 AM
Find More Posts by Loukhan
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2012
1,141 Posts
Congratulations! Great flight and such an incredibly beautiful build!! Thank you for sharing it with everyone.
Loukhan is offline Find More Posts by Loukhan
Old Oct 29, 2015, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by dpalmer146
United States, CO, Elizabeth
Joined Mar 2012
673 Posts
All I can say is WOW!!!!
dpalmer146 is offline Find More Posts by dpalmer146
Old Mar 26, 2016, 08:03 AM
Find More Posts by kenair
ken kalynuk, winnipeg CAN
Winnipeg, MB CANADA
Joined Feb 2000
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro View Post
I have done lot of flying with multi engine models like Lanc, C-130 and B-25, took me lot of flights to set engine thrusts correctly for each model to get it right.
Hi Jofro, how are you setting the different engine thrusts - electronically or different prop pitches or ??

Great build thread, great flights!
cheers - ken
kenair is offline Find More Posts by kenair