New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2015, 08:31 AM
Find More Posts by pete914
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
196 Posts
Anyone know the best way to get the round hub off the fan so I can remove it to balance my EDF? Quite vibey on test runs
Thanks!

EDIT: Completed my maiden in the rain/mist. It was a success! Cg at 75mm. 3000mah 3s with much added nose weight. Felt nose heavy but no surprises on launch and flew quite well after some up trim on the elevator
Both of my aileron servo's burnt out during setup. So, make sure to order some extra's from the King when you do so.
Stoked!
pete914 is online now Find More Posts by pete914
Last edited by pete914; Dec 26, 2015 at 06:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:32 PM
Find More Posts by hendrnk
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete914 View Post
Anyone know the best way to get the round hub off the fan so I can remove it to balance my EDF? Quite vibey on test runs
Thanks!
Its not really taking the shroud off but taking the fan off the motor and un bolting the motor from the shroud.
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Dec 26, 2015, 06:14 PM
Joined Jan 2010
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
Its not really taking the shroud off but taking the fan off the motor and un bolting the motor from the shroud.
I can't get access to the bolts to remove the fan without taking the round hub off the front of the fan though? Am I missing something? I'm a nood.
Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2015, 08:17 PM
Find More Posts by hendrnk
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete914 View Post
I can't get access to the bolts to remove the fan without taking the round hub off the front of the fan though? Am I missing something? I'm a nood.
Thanks!
That black hub in front of the fan is pressed fit only. Should be able to knock it off or get a screw driver to pry it off.
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Jan 04, 2016, 10:29 AM
Joined Jan 2010
196 Posts
Thanks for the info on the fan, I will work on that next chance I get.

Just reporting back for those thinking about buying this glider.
I'm a soaring pilot and I like that on 3s you can let this thing rip but also have to use the glider's momentum to get it through aerobatics. It feels pretty natural. The flat wing makes it feel a little different in turn to me but otherwise no surprises with this glider.
I'm now running 2200 mah 3s packs in parallel for about 6 minute flight times mostly full throttle. This fits by having the cutout of the ESC in the canopy and allowing the canopy to not close completely. You can get it to close, but it's much easier to just leave it cracked open and doesn't seem to effect flight. I hold the canopy on with clear tape. Works great.
On my 5th or 6th landing I ripped the wings out as others have. I tried so hard to always put her down near stall speed, but the removable wing is just too weak to land in grass. It doesn't take much to do it. I replaced the carbon wing pins with long metal rods which I roughened and CA'd into the wing. I then CA glued the wing to the fuse and put down two layers of fiberglass at the leading edge junction. The wings is holding up well to grass landings now and it seems to have eliminated some of the mild flutter on the big dives. I recommend this mod.

If you are thinking about this glider, get it.