New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:45 PM
Find More Posts by limmacslim
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,204 Posts
A friend has the HK edge V3, we have been trying to figure it out for a while & came to the conclusion it works well as a sport/aerobatic plane but is not really a 3d machine.
I personally think its more of a red bull racer, look at it like that & its a nice little plane but if you hope for it to stand up against the airframes ckleanth mentioned it may be a disappointment.
limmacslim is online now Find More Posts by limmacslim
Last edited by limmacslim; Nov 27, 2015 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2015, 08:02 PM
Find More Posts by ukengineman
United Kingdom, England, Richmond
Joined Apr 2011
161 Posts
Just bought a red one from the UK warehouse. It has come with the revised U shaped metal joiner for the elevator but I will still add 2mm carbon rods to support each half of the tailplane like post 104. My question is what about the vertical fin - have there been problems with it? does it also need strengthening?
ukengineman is online now Find More Posts by ukengineman
Old Aug 05, 2015, 02:52 AM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
3,422 Posts
vertical fin is fine
still got the carnage from my old one if anyone wants the main wings for a tenner they are fine.
remember 3d planes need to be light so...build it light
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Aug 06, 2015, 05:35 PM
Joined Apr 2011
161 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I'll leave the fin as standard. Might have been interested in the wings if you had been based close to me.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:30 AM
Joined Apr 2011
161 Posts
I have just got around to putting the Edge 540 together and I have a problem with the aileron servo mounting. I am using a Savox 0255 and the servo will not seat fully down at the rear mount. It hits the underside of the sheeting on the top of the wing before it seats against the mount. I do not consider the Savox 0255 to be deeper than average, Have others had this problem and what did you do?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 03:57 PM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
3,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukengineman View Post
I have just got around to putting the Edge 540 together and I have a problem with the aileron servo mounting. I am using a Savox 0255 and the servo will not seat fully down at the rear mount. It hits the underside of the sheeting on the top of the wing before it seats against the mount. I do not consider the Savox 0255 to be deeper than average, Have others had this problem and what did you do?
Comparing the savox 0255 with the hs 5085 (more or less same torque but savox slightly faster) the Savox is taller but smaller in width and length. I can't remember what I've done with my old edge but on my ef extra the servo bottom touch slightly the opposing side covering (from the inside) but it was never a problem. If you have balsa where it touch maybe sandwich a bit of ply between the servo and wing or dig the part of balsa tgat wont allow the servo to sit in properly..
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Nov 27, 2015, 07:09 PM
Joined Apr 2011
161 Posts
Thanks for your reply, I have removed some of the balsa that the servo is fouling on and raised the mounting seat with 1/32 ply. This combination has solved the problem satisfactorily.