Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 10, 2013, 02:34 AM
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Jan 2004
50 Posts
I did search and study, I like Lambert Kolibri T30. The only thing I concern is how to get parts and service
jasonvo is offline Find More Posts by jasonvo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2013, 03:18 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Lšn, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonvo View Post
I did search and study, I like Lambert Kolibri T30. The only thing I concern is how to get parts and service
For service shipping it over the pond is needed. Again (sorry for repeating my self) if buying it via HAB you also have them behind your back helping in getting the job done in time, bridgeing the laguage and time zone problems.
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Sep 10, 2013, 07:21 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
They are in diffrent classes. But still can fly the same plane. The thing with a Kolibri is that you really can make a small plane jet powerd AND keep good performance with a low weight. This is unique. Even a P20 looks big compared to a Kolibri.

Kolibri 265grams - up to 8lb of thrust (tested room temp)
P20 370grams - 4.6lb of thrust (tested room temp)
MW44 680grams - 10lb of thrust (Wren spec)

In my mind for the smaller planes Kolibri is the only option, if you jump up one size or two it suddenly doesn't matter that much which engine you choose, Wren, jetcat or any other. MW44 size and up they are all much closer.

Then it's like Dr Honda says, hard to get in a Kolibri US and alot of money... but an excellent product.
I really wish the Kolibri engines had good USA support. I would love to have one, but there have been too many horror stories about the time it takes to get them, and serviced, if you aren't local to the company.

I agree... the Kolibri and the Wren 44 are in a totally different class. But they both fly a 90mm EDF model. Where the Kolibry shines, is in the skinnier models. (like the Habu) There's no real way to stuff the 44 into that. (and have fuel to fly it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
But even more important then just reading my posts is to read up over all and find your own path. Buy the engine that you feel is right for you.

Agreed.

The 44 wasn't my first choice... but was the best for me. (price, availability, and service)
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:56 PM
Joined Jan 2004
50 Posts
I just check Jet cat USA, the new P20-sx with koro start
Max Thrust: 5.5 lbs
Engine Weight: 0.8 lbs
Diameter: 2.34"
Length: 7"
RPM Range: 85,000 to 245,000
Max Temp: 690C
Fuel Rate at Full Power: 3 fl oz per minute

the size close to Lambert Kolibri T25, not bad
Old Sep 15, 2013, 01:56 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,762 Posts
Quote:
I just check Jet cat USA, the new P20-sx with koro start
Max Thrust: 5.5 lbs
Engine Weight: 0.8 lbs
Diameter: 2.34"
Length: 7"
RPM Range: 85,000 to 245,000
Max Temp: 690C
Fuel Rate at Full Power: 3 fl oz per minute

the size close to Lambert Kolibri T25, not bad
Haha funny :-) T15 and P20 have the same IRL performance in termes of flying the same plane in the same way the same day. T25 is in another leuge and the new T35... wow. But again other factors might over rule the power figures.

Old Sep 15, 2013, 08:11 PM
Joined Jan 2004
50 Posts
I believe Lambert Kolibri is the best mini turbine on market now. I wish they have good support in US
Old Sep 16, 2013, 03:35 PM
Ireland, Co. Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2012
312 Posts
If they cut their prices in half they would be even better
Quandry is offline Find More Posts by Quandry
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:30 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quandry View Post
If they cut their prices in half they would be even better
Yeah, alot of money. But as they provide an unbeatable amount of flying opportunities alot of people still find them resonable priced compared to the use.

For alot of people the limiting factor is the paved runway that usually needs planning to use and a 300mile round trip.

Kolibri + EPO Viperjet = 2weeks build time and 50 flight opportunities per year
P200 + Big Viperjet = 6months build and 4 flight opportunities per year.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 03:40 AM
Ireland, Co. Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2012
312 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I really like the Kolibris. I was checking them out at Jetpower on the weekend. It would be a great upgrade for my P20 Habu and I saw other really nice airframes at the show that would be sensational with the Kolibri. Maybe they already sell their full production capacity, if not, by lowering the price I think they would have a lot more units sold because from what I can see the price is the only downside.
Quandry is offline Find More Posts by Quandry
Old Sep 17, 2013, 05:20 AM
Joined Jan 2004
50 Posts
Agree +++ small jet easy to transport too
Old Sep 17, 2013, 06:17 AM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quandry View Post
Don't get me wrong, I really like the Kolibris. I was checking them out at Jetpower on the weekend. It would be a great upgrade for my P20 Habu and I saw other really nice airframes at the show that would be sensational with the Kolibri. Maybe they already sell their full production capacity, if not, by lowering the price I think they would have a lot more units sold because from what I can see the price is the only downside.
Lambert are really limited by the small production facilities and the fact that an engine this size and of super performance needs extreme skill to manufacture. It's not "just" to upscale the productionline, alot of critical fine tunings are a one man show.

Another way to visualize and compare the performace would be to have the brand new Jetcat P90RXi make 21kg/47lb of thrust (13times it's weight in thrust) or the P200 to make 33kg/72lb of thrust.

Don't get me wrong either, I just try to put in more info around the whole micro turbine hype I also probalby often over work my posts adding more text then needed, but I hope the info are of use to someone atleast As I try to mention all the time it's really down to the personal preferences what you buy.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:55 AM
Joined Jan 2004
50 Posts
Henke, I had ordered Kolibri T35 through hab.se per your recommend, I will let you know the outcome.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:38 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,159 Posts
Quote:
Henke, I had ordered Kolibri T35 through hab.se per your recommend, I will let you know the outcome.
If you don't mind me asking.... What was the price, with shipping into the USA?
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:55 PM
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,762 Posts
Quote:
Cool, I'm sure you will be happy with the choice.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 06:30 PM
Joined Jan 2004
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Honda View Post
If you don't mind me asking.... What was the price, with shipping into the USA?
Dr Honda,
They charged me $3259 for the T35 and shipping $40. Price may vary on exchange rate and where you live. Call and talk to Amir if you are interesting, I gave up on their website.