HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2014, 09:34 AM
United States, TN, Gray
Joined Nov 2010
151 Posts
Thanks Neil. Hate to cut up a new looking Stryker, but it looks to be a good idea.

Steve, just get water to nearly boiling in your biggest pot and immerse/splash water on the affected areas and carefully bend back into shape.
jumna is offline Find More Posts by jumna
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:45 PM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
812 Posts
Thanks Jumna
cheers
Steve.
PS what glue ?
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:52 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kirkby in Ashfield
Joined Aug 2008
152 Posts
I would also do something to stiffen the elevons and upgrade the servos as at WOT or especially out of a dive mine would roll right and would not respond to any control input untill I backed off the power. I ran a 2mm carbon rod along the trailing edge and glassed the whole surface of the elevons and use hitech hs85mg servos, was much better after that.

Neil.
neilbooth is offline Find More Posts by neilbooth
Old Jun 28, 2014, 04:25 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
I finally have tried out 4 cells. Castle Ice 75 esc. 4S 1800 battery. Put stock prop back on. Wattmeter shows about 55A draw from battery. Flew first pack fine and it screams, I like it! Tried it again today and the esc cut out on me. 3 beeps means current overload. Reading logged castle data shows its pulling in excess of 250A. Wow. I think the esc is recording/sensing wrong. Just updated the firmware from 4.02 to the latest beta, saved and cleared logs. Will have to try it again.
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Jun 28, 2014, 09:44 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2013
182 Posts
These readings from the ESC are very likely wrong: I run 4S with a 60Amp ESC and a Sport 7x5 prop without cutting off... More than a 100 flights on this setup now. 2200/ 4S battery.
I simply used an Eflite crappy ESC and it does the job.
Twinyfly is offline Find More Posts by Twinyfly
Old Jun 29, 2014, 10:00 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,508 Posts
Yea I think so as well. It ran fine first run. Second run I got one high speed pass then a cool down lap. When I punched it the second time it started to run up, but then cut out. Does it every time now and results in the 3 beep error.

I tested again after the update. It does the same thing on both 3 and 4 cell. Also, now it errors when trying to download the logged data so the esc is shot I guess. It had a good life though.....

$60 for Castle to repair vs about $90 for a new 75A Edge lite. Easy choice I suppose.
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Jun 29, 2014, 03:15 PM
... UMX Horizon Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
866 Posts
Hi guys,

short question without study the complete thread - is the Stryker still in production ? Here in Germany he is sold out...nowbody knows....
Thanks
SLK Count is online now Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Jun 29, 2014, 04:48 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Jan 2009
47 Posts
Looking at upgrading props. Is there a difference in the apc 7x5 sport and apc 7x5 thin electric? I already have a 60a turnigy plush esc. Could that handle the prop and 4s? Thx
jason4vu is offline Find More Posts by jason4vu
Old Jun 29, 2014, 07:54 PM
Joined Jun 2013
16 Posts
Do you still have the stryker for sale? Thanks
Alex
wingman112 is online now Find More Posts by wingman112
Old Jun 30, 2014, 02:40 PM
Joined Aug 2012
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4vu View Post
Looking at upgrading props. Is there a difference in the apc 7x5 sport and apc 7x5 thin electric? I already have a 60a turnigy plush esc. Could that handle the prop and 4s? Thx
Big difference. 7x5E has much wider blades. It makes a good bit more thrust and pulls more amps. Either prop will work with that ESC on 4s, but a 7" prop on 4S is going to be more than the stock motor wants to swing. Stick to the stock prop on 4S if using the stock motor. The plane will be faster and feel better.
AWDstylez is online now Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Old Jun 30, 2014, 02:44 PM
Joined Aug 2012
472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
Yea I think so as well. It ran fine first run. Second run I got one high speed pass then a cool down lap. When I punched it the second time it started to run up, but then cut out. Does it every time now and results in the 3 beep error.

I tested again after the update. It does the same thing on both 3 and 4 cell. Also, now it errors when trying to download the logged data so the esc is shot I guess. It had a good life though.....

$60 for Castle to repair vs about $90 for a new 75A Edge lite. Easy choice I suppose.

Are the timing and PWM rate set correctly? Is there anything physically obstructing the motor or prop? Are the motor bearings shot? Check the obvious stuff before assuming the reading is wrong.
AWDstylez is online now Find More Posts by AWDstylez