HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:58 AM
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
782 Posts
It will loop and roll. In order to see it better needs to be painted.
All white with just some trim is not enough if you do more than simple cruising.
It has pretty good flight envelope too.
Only thing I never got used to is the sound, like couple of turbo hair dryers.

Rob
robusp is offline Find More Posts by robusp
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pulsar 3.2E Competition Pro
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:09 PM
AMA 562227
United States, CA, Mojave
Joined Jan 2003
622 Posts
As discussed, NitroPlanes is selling this kit with the retracts installed at the factory. Is anyone else selling the retracts-installed ARF's?

I see the reatract-ready version offered on other sites, but I can't find anyone else selling the retracts-installed version.
Three-Wire is offline Find More Posts by Three-Wire
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:00 PM
Take that runway!
United States, AZ, Glendale
Joined May 2005
216 Posts
Enjoying the Turbojet

Things have been quiet on this thread for a bit. Time for some pix . Hope some of you got some good deals on the Black Friday sales!

After a little mishap on takeoff with a failing battery, I've got the Turbojet airworthy again. I'm surprised at the speed a 2200 mAh 3 cell delivers. (When it doesn't have a 60+ internal resistance .)

I put the retracts in but would get them with the model for what they are charging considering the hassle of the install. Not hard, just a pain.

I got some nice stills today and and some video. I'm waiting for some new editing software so the video will have to wait a little. This little bizjet turns heads at the field. Nice.
jim12 is offline Find More Posts by jim12
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:15 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,059 Posts
The ARF with retracts is $114.50 right now. Is that a black friday-cyber monday/week price or the regular price? That's cheaper than the non-retract ARF at $120, maybe just because it's sold out.?

Are the stock electronics pretty good? Has anyone built one from parts? They don't seem to offer the decals though.
BrianL is offline Find More Posts by BrianL
Last edited by BrianL; Nov 29, 2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:42 PM
AMA 562227
Joined Jan 2003
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
The ARF with retracts is $114.50 right now. Is that a black friday-cyber monday/week price is the regular price? That's cheaper than the non-retract ARF at $120, maybe just because it's sold out.?
I think that's the Cyber Monday week sale price, but it was the Black Friday price as well. I bought an ARF with e-tracts on sale and received it today. Took a quick look at it before handing it over to my wife to wrap up for Christmas.

Nice kit! I'm very impressed... I've been away from the hobby for a while and it seems that ARF technology has come a long ways, what with the electric retracts and flaps and electronics.

Slight damage to the tail from shifting around in the box, but the retracts look good and the overall kit is very nice. Can't wait to get it out on Christmas and start painting/assembling. I did run the motors up just for grins and will have to do some work balancing them & sealing the nacelles, but the retracts cycled great and the servos seem like they'll be good. Has anyone installed exhaust cones on this jet?

I'm planning on flaps and a color scheme something along these lines: http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...nct_entry=true
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:41 PM
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,832 Posts
I recived one from a friend , damaged I rebuilt it and have flown it
it flys well but on several landings it has shown its nasty side
with a roll and a crash ? has any one else had this problem
check video .

Citation roll crash.wmv (5 min 49 sec)
pulsery2k1 is offline Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:17 PM
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsery2k1 View Post
I recived one from a friend , damaged I rebuilt it and have flown it
it flys well but on several landings it has shown its nasty side
with a roll and a crash ? has any one else had this problem
check video .
Pulsery, I can only think of one thing: left motor spools up faster.
Did you apply throttle right before touch down?
It looks like its trying to pull to the right on take off also.
I might be wrong, but mine was doing almost same thing until I found better motors.

Rob
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:33 PM
6 months to finish a rtf
upstate ny
Joined Jun 2003
1,832 Posts
robusp

No you can hear on the on board I didn't throttle up - in the
other fly by's it was fine - I did the same to the friend who gave
it to me - I think it's just the high wing loading , even with the
flaps it don't like to fly slow.

nice looking model - the hobbly lobby lear fly's much better
pulsery2k1 is offline Find More Posts by pulsery2k1
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:23 AM
Joined Dec 2007
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three-Wire View Post
I think that's the Cyber Monday week sale price, but it was the Black Friday price as well. I bought an ARF with e-tracts on sale and received it today. Took a quick look at it before handing it over to my wife to wrap up for Christmas.

Nice kit! I'm very impressed... I've been away from the hobby for a while and it seems that ARF technology has come a long ways, what with the electric retracts and flaps and electronics.

Slight damage to the tail from shifting around in the box, but the retracts look good and the overall kit is very nice. Can't wait to get it out on Christmas and start painting/assembling. I did run the motors up just for grins and will have to do some work balancing them & sealing the nacelles, but the retracts cycled great and the servos seem like they'll be good. Has anyone installed exhaust cones on this jet?
Did you get in on the free shipping?

So can anyone say if the stock electronics good enough to spend the money on, or would it be better to build the airframe from parts and use your own? Also anyone know if they've had them at this price before? I hate to pass up a good deal, but really shouldn't spend the money right now.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:24 PM
AMA 562227
Joined Jan 2003
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Did you get in on the free shipping?
No, but they are offering free shipping until 12AM PST tonight. code: grubbit

I used code: pricepickle for 6% off, that one always works and is enough of a discount to cover most of the shipping cost.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:55 PM
USA, NY, Depew
Joined Jan 2009
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three-Wire View Post
No, but they are offering free shipping until 12AM PST tonight. code: grubbit

I used code: pricepickle for 6% off, that one always works and is enough of a discount to cover most of the shipping cost.
thanks for the tip Three-Wire
code: grubbit worked

Rob
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:26 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,059 Posts
Darn, missed it!

Shipping to me is $20. 6% off is only $6.87.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 05:35 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,195 Posts
I just had to get me one for 115.00 shipped. When I saw the grubbit coupon for free shipping I could not resist. Pulsey, something just doesn't sound right with your Citation. All the ones I have seen fly have a excellent slow flight envelope. I have not seen a Dynam foamie that doesn't fly well. My 310, AT-6 and SR-22 couldn't fly any better. I had the DC-3 as well, and it was also sweet. These Dynam planes are the best value on the market right now. Not to mention, the designers have a pretty good eye for scale lines. I have loved the Civilian kick they have been on the last few years.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Dec 02, 2011, 06:03 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,195 Posts
Has anyone taken their Citation off the "stilts" landing gear? I will for sure have to cut my struts down to the correct scale height. 500 and 550 models sit down pretty low. This is my only complaint about the looks of this model. Everything else will be taken care of with a scale paint scheme and some vinyl N numbers.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Dec 02, 2011, 09:33 AM
Joined Aug 2008
199 Posts
Scott,

you're totally right. Nice plane but sitting by far to high.
I cut to scale length. Now it looks like the real one.

Markus
carrerars is offline Find More Posts by carrerars