Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:26 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar_5 View Post
Very tempting...

But considering I have only 1 heli, and 1 plane to fly right now, and it's set up for FPV (and it happens to be your old Funtana), I think I'll stay home and work on a plane and my helis...
come out. I need to use your FPV heli and find my PZ P51 that is out in the tall grass. You fly and I look just dint make me sick

vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:33 PM
Seattle
Joined Dec 2008
281 Posts
Hmmm... I'm not sure if I'll make it out today lol

FPV isn't allowed at AMA fields without buddy box, and I have a feeling they will be sticklers about FPV and helis in general. My FPV setups are actually on a tricopter and the funtana, no actual heli yet.
Jaguar_5 is offline Find More Posts by Jaguar_5
Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:34 PM
Crazy Heli Technogeek
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2004
4,205 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm... I'm not sure if I'll make it out today lol

FPV isn't allowed at AMA fields without buddy box, and I have a feeling they will be sticklers about FPV and helis in general. My FPV setups are actually on a tricopter and the funtana, no actual heli yet.
It's allowed for what he's asking, it wouldn't be FPV, you would be flying the aircraft line of sight and he would be "riding along from the birds eye view".

-Kai (Eron)
Kai_Shiden is offline Find More Posts by Kai_Shiden
Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:36 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,512 Posts
Come out and fly - yalla!

Jaguar 5 - dude, come out and fly.... yalla!

Vitter would like you to bring the tri-copter with FPV as well to help find his Mustang
gabrielisrael is online now Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:38 PM
Seattle
Joined Dec 2008
281 Posts
LMAO at all you enablers!!!

Also, as far as flying LOS, well I'm truthfully way more comfortable flying the tri through goggles than LOS. LOS, it's awkward to maintain orientation. Way harder than the y-ufo!

I still don't think I'm going to make it out there, but I'm considering it haha
Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:58 PM
Crazy Heli Technogeek
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2004
4,205 Posts
Quote:
LOS, it's awkward to maintain orientation. Way harder than the y-ufo!
Hehe, you just need to build a depron Terminator Hunter Killer body for it then...

Afraid my Y-ufo with FPV gear is at home, so it would be even more of a trek for me to make it to Marymoore. That and the Y is setup with a forward facing camera, so I would have to jury rig a downward facing mount (not to mention Jaguar_5's FPV gear is better than mine anyways).

-Kai
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:38 PM
Quadrophenia
Seattle
Joined Mar 2009
915 Posts
Still down for flying on Thursday at Marymoor. Yarden/Eron - come on out! Where you guys been flying?

e
egaus is offline Find More Posts by egaus
Old Jul 15, 2010, 01:18 PM
Crazy Heli Technogeek
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2004
4,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
Still down for flying on Thursday at Marymoor. Yarden/Eron - come on out! Where you guys been flying?

e
Afraid trek'ing to the eastside after work for me is a bit too much. I've just been flying at local parks in west seattle and tukwila, I have a network of 3 parks I pass near on my way home, so I just stop at whichever one is empty (pretty lucky so far, I've not yet been "skunked" in my park fishing ), and as you know, when it's raining I just fly in the gym at my work .

-Kai
Old Jul 15, 2010, 01:37 PM
Seattle
Joined Dec 2008
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post

e
Sorry Eric, I'm not gonna make it out tonight. Plenty of stuff to do at home. Need to finish building the Shuriken v2 (have to wait for a replacement s3115 servo though, got a defective one), need to take the YS56 out of my Knight 3D and tear that apart and inspect (had an overheating scare). Need to work on rewiring both my tricopter and Funtana for cleanliness and less RF interference on the funtana (elevator goes wild if too close to TX antenna). And that's just stuff I have to do for my RC gear lol.

Plus, Marymoor + Helis =/= fun. I'd rather fly pretty much anywhere else. The runway is amazing but having only one airplane atm, and lack of flexibility while flying, not for me. I might show my face there once or twice a season lol. I've been flying at Cascade heli club mostly. A bit of rogue park flying every once in awhile, and I'll go to 60A if / when it's open.

Oh, Chet; sorry but I accidentally stole that servo extension!! I forgot to give it back after we searched for Vitter's plane. Sorry we couldn't find it Vitter, if you like I can send you the video, it is much easier to see detail on a computer monitor than what we saw out in the field. If you scour it in slow motion you may see a flash of color or something that might be the plane.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 03:48 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
United States, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Oct 2004
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai_Shiden View Post
Afraid trek'ing to the eastside after work for me is a bit too much. I've just been flying at local parks in west seattle and tukwila, I have a network of 3 parks I pass near on my way home, so I just stop at whichever one is empty (pretty lucky so far, I've not yet been "skunked" in my park fishing ), and as you know, when it's raining I just fly in the gym at my work .

-Kai
Kai... Just sharing....

I haven't been there yet but dig this note posted on the Flaming Geyser Flyers site:

"There's an officially designated Park Flyer site in the City of SeaTac. It's under development, but open for flying Park Flyer designated airplanes and helicopters; (electric 2# or less, max 60mph); no AMA required. The site is open 7 days, FREE, and is at 3000 S. 150th St. Paved runway, setup tables, off-street parking SOON."

So if you're under the 2 pounds this might be a place for you to "Fish" from. :-).

D-Man
xxD-Manxx is online now Find More Posts by xxD-Manxx
Old Jul 15, 2010, 04:11 PM
Crazy Heli Technogeek
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2004
4,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth View Post
Kai... Just sharing....

I haven't been there yet but dig this note posted on the Flaming Geyser Flyers site:

"There's an officially designated Park Flyer site in the City of SeaTac. It's under development, but open for flying Park Flyer designated airplanes and helicopters; (electric 2# or less, max 60mph); no AMA required. The site is open 7 days, FREE, and is at 3000 S. 150th St. Paved runway, setup tables, off-street parking SOON."

So if you're under the 2 pounds this might be a place for you to "Fish" from. :-).

D-Man
Sweet D-Man, I'll definetly have to look into that tonight and scope it out, I live right under the SeaTac landing path from the north (in S. Seattle). Currently I'm only flying my RiccoSE (11.5oz) and Blade400 (27oz), so both of those qualify (the only aircraft I have that don't qualify are my Snipers and Eco8s at 3.5lbs ea, and my ShurikenV2 because of it's speed).

That place is only like a mile from my house, odd though, it's very close to the SeaTac landing path, and only about a few hundred yards northeast of the runways , guess I won't be flying very high there (truthfully with helis I hardly ever fly very high anyways though), I think I found it on google maps

-Kai
Last edited by Kai_Shiden; Jul 15, 2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 11:49 AM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,944 Posts
That Marymoor field is sweet with Mr Rainier in the background. Who's up for flying this afternoon?

Vitter's Slick in harrier mode.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Jul 16, 2010, 03:17 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,489 Posts
COOL pic

I might be out tonight. who all can make it out?
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Jul 16, 2010, 03:41 PM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter View Post
COOL pic

I might be out tonight. who all can make it out?
I'm thinking about it. Need to juice up some packs though
cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38
Old Jul 16, 2010, 04:19 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,944 Posts
Maybe get there early.

cause....

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun