Old Oct 02, 2013, 04:44 PM
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
6,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post

Amazing crash ... my god

Should be so frustrated....

Definitively, one body part should be avoid ....
SeByDocKy is online now Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2013, 05:52 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan93civic View Post
Those do not handle crashes well do they? I have seen my V929 fall that far and live but I know the frames are completely different. Hope you get it back in the air soon.
Nope, this is where building one yourself with carbon fiber, wood, or other suitable frames pays off. The replacement body shell is around $20 so that's not too bad if everything else survives.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2013, 03:13 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,458 Posts
My firmware 1.2 test........needless to say, I'm impressed:

QRX350 test of Firmware1.2 (7 min 37 sec)

QRX350 Firmware1.2 test session 2 (6 min 6 sec)

In the second video, I believe it was just loitering up there after it reached GPS for RTH position because it was too windy for it to safely descend to land.......which is fine by me. I made sure I had the switch in RTH and not just GPS hold. Maybe if I waited longer it would have landed if a window of calmness in the wind presented itself.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 24, 2013, 01:15 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,458 Posts
Very heavy winds today. I was so impressed with the stability last weekend that I transferred my FPV setup to the QR X350 to give her a spin. The stability was so confidence inspiring. Sorry about the landing, I'm so used to my V262's throttle characteristics:

Walkera QRX350 FPV (3 min 53 sec)

Horizontal range from base station was 325.2 meters

Here's my base station trying to get the cloverleaf as high in the air as possible:

Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Nov 24, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 07:22 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
Very cool video M.O. I bought the X350 FPV with Devo F7. I plan on changing the supplied DV04 with either one of my 808 #16's or my Mobius but I would love to try "real" FPV with goggles but they all seem so expensive do you know of any inexpensive goggles that would plug into the Devo F7?

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Nov 24, 2013, 08:11 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,458 Posts
Thanks Gerard. I wish I knew more about goggles. I'm using MyVue Crystal 701's that Bill has indefinitely loaned me and so far haven't exhibited the hazing a lot of samples were cursed with. The picture is pretty amazing. I wish they still made them and I'm not up to speed on goggles as I've been concentrating more on the VTX\VRX\Antenna end for future sales.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 24, 2013, 08:18 PM
Canada, QC, Malartic
Joined Sep 2010
381 Posts
OK, thanks for replying anyway. I would have asked on the main X350 thread but there seems to be a bit too much animosity with some of the members over there.

Gerard.
gwrivest is offline Find More Posts by gwrivest
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:23 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrivest View Post
OK, thanks for replying anyway. I would have asked on the main X350 thread but there seems to be a bit too much animosity with some of the members over there.

Gerard.
Hey Gerard, I picked up MyVu's from ebay for not too much, those will hook into the F7.

Dave got a GoPro to the TX503 cable http://walkerahelicoptersupply.com/p...th-autopilot-7

You can easily mod the cable you got from the DV04 to hook up the 808 or the Mobius, the mobius record far better image than the 808, the 808 still beat the DV04.

Bo www.FPVguy.com
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member