SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:36 PM
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokker DII View Post
If a wing has dropped, level it with Rudder, Not Ailerons.

Happy PBY flying.
Fokker DII, thats the first time I've heard that, do you use rudder towards the stalled wing? I would have thought to Ailerons to correct the stall
FloridaFlyBob is online now Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:38 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,497 Posts
error
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:38 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,497 Posts
Wing loading being "heavy" or not is all relative to task
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:26 PM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Aug 2011
2,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstekeur View Post
Fokker DII, thats the first time I've heard that, do you use rudder towards the stalled wing? I would have thought to Ailerons to correct the stall
Use the rudder in the direction you need to correct to, i.e. fly level, just like you would with aileron, left wing drops use right rudder. In slow flight using aileron will aggravate the wing drop, low wing will stall sooner.
600Bob is offline Find More Posts by 600Bob
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:38 PM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600Bob View Post
Use the rudder in the direction you need to correct to, i.e. fly level, just like you would with aileron, left wing drops use right rudder. In slow flight using aileron will aggravate the wing drop, low wing will stall sooner.
Nice.

We used to say "pull" the low wing up by stepping on opposite rudder.

EJWash
EJWash1 is online now Find More Posts by EJWash1
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:58 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor View Post
I think that the flying style as viewed on "you tube" depends much more on the pilot than on the model.

Zor
Really? None of us ever suspected as much.

Next you'll be telling us that when a plane crashes it isn't always the planes fault?

Oh the shock of this!
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:21 PM
Zor
Suspended Account
Ontario,Canada
Joined Feb 2007
9,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post
Really? None of us ever suspected as much.

Next you'll be telling us that when a plane crashes it isn't always the planes fault?

Oh the shock of this!
scootrb4,

You are being funny and that is enjoyable.

Mind you there are many instances that the pilots blames the model instead of their own pilot's abilities. We read that often.

Perhaps I should say it "when a plane crashes it is not always the plane's fault" nor the radio. . In fact the majority of crashes is due to the pilot.

Hee! Hee! . . . have a great time flying and if you have a badluck blame whatever pleases you.

Zor
Zor is offline Find More Posts by Zor
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:23 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor View Post
scootrb4,

You are being funny and that is enjoyable.

Mind you there are many instances that the pilot blames the model isntead of their own pilot's abilities. We read that often.

Perhaps I should say it "when a plane crashes it is not always the plane's fault" nor the radio. . In fact the majority of crashes is due to the pilot.

Hee! Hee! . . . have a great time flying and if you have a badluck blame whatever pleases you.

Zor
My crashes are pilot error.... even when I let my buddy upgrade my radio, the subsequent failure was my fault. THat's just the way I fly, Can't learn from somebody else's mistakes, never was that smart
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:43 PM
Zor
Suspended Account
Ontario,Canada
Joined Feb 2007
9,742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post

My crashes are pilot error.... even when I let my buddy upgrade my radio, the subsequent failure was my fault. THat's just the way I fly, Can't learn from somebody else's mistakes, never was that smart
Of course we cannot learn by somebody else's mistakes concerning piloting. I suspect you are a lot smarter then you say being an adept of warbirds.

Now _ _ _ what is considered high wing loading ? I have given my opinion earlier in the thread whatever that opinion is worth .

Zor
Zor is offline Find More Posts by Zor
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)