HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:27 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,135 Posts
Trader Rating: 170
For Sale
Indestructible Armattan M356

This is my latest design and the design I will stick to for a while, I think. It's pretty much unbreakable. Center plates are made with 1.5mm alumi, arms are alumi. Arms may bend but won't break and can be straightened. Center plates won't ever break. NOT going to happen.

I have flown many different frames now made with different materials and different designs. None are as strong as this one. The Warthox frame made by Flyduino is about the only thing that comes close to be as crash resistant as this frame, but still, my frame is simply much stronger, and it looks nicer, too, in my opinion. This is, I believe, the most crash resistant quad available in the whole world. Yes, that's right. It is simply unmatched in terms of durability.

Video uploading now and coming up soon. The one in the video is sold already, but I have enough parts to make about 6 more of these, for now, so let me know if you want one. I can take some orders with a small deposit. Impatient people are best off waiting until I list one that is ready to go. I need between 1 and 2 weeks to complete an order, and perhaps more if I have too many orders. I don't want to overwhelm myself as this is something I do for fun and I want to keep it that way. I can make them as small as 270mm all the way to 400mm or so.

* Metal plates are compatible with previous Armattan builds.

Prices will be a bit higher than previous Armattan models because the metal parts take me a lot longer to make. You'll be looking at around 185$ for a fully built model with KK2, SimonK ESCs and motors, props, etc. Closer to 200$ if you want spare parts, though you won't need them! You simply won't break this quad....

Here are some photos for now and I will post a flight video a bit later.

PM me if you want one.

Best,
Chris

Edit: IMPORTANT

OK, Just got up now and I have another 12 PM in my inbox. This is too much to manage with only 200 allowed PMs here, AND, I need to be better organized using email folders for "orders", "paid" , "shipped" etc.

So..... I created a Gmail account to use for the Armattan builds only. To all of you who placed (or will place) an order, please be kind enough, if you read this, to email me the following information:

1- Real name and user name on RCGroups
2- Shipping Address
3- Order specifications: Spare parts, Size, etc.
4- Specify if you need instructions: RX setup, radio setup, KK2 setup
5- Date the order was confirmed

My new email addy is: armattanproductions (at) gmail (dot) com

I will reply to your emails the same day just to let you know I received your email, if anything. So if you do not receive a reply, PM me on here with your email address and I will email you.

Thanks a lot.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Oct 14, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:07 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,135 Posts
Here's a brief introduction video. A bit of talking and a flight demo. This thing is AWESOME!

Best,
Chris

Armattan M358 - Indestructible Quad (7 min 0 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
Last edited by Gavinxman; Nov 13, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:36 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
She's a beauty Chris! I really like the shape and stealth black of the arms on this one. you should be proud of this creation.
It looks very sturdy too which is exactly what I'm looking for, so count me in for one of these babies.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
She's a beauty Chris! I really like the shape and stealth black of the arms on this one. you should be proud of this creation.
It looks very sturdy too which is exactly what I'm looking for, so count me in for one of these babies.
Your inbox is full. Can't reply to your PM. I'm charging you more now because you made me type a reply in vain.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:09 PM
United States, AL, Guntersville
Joined Apr 2007
143 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
I'll have to take one of these as well Sir,I'll send email.
partzee
partzee is offline Find More Posts by partzee
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Oct 2005
135 Posts
Trader Rating: 36
I am in for one as well.

Chris,

I am in for one as well! I will PM you.
heliboy04 is offline Find More Posts by heliboy04
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I am new to all this, is there a way I can mount a gopro? And what more do I need to make it rtf?
harrygt is offline Find More Posts by harrygt
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrygt View Post
I am new to all this, is there a way I can mount a gopro? And what more do I need to make it rtf?
Plenty of ways to mount a GoPro but this isn't a FPV quad per se. It has the power to lift more than one GoPro but you might want to look into other options if photography is what you want to do. This is a sports quad.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:03 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined May 2012
709 Posts
Trader Rating: 46
Nicely done sir, nicely done.
mcashatt is offline Find More Posts by mcashatt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SkullCopter Labs
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:14 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Nov 2005
163 Posts
Trader Rating: 109
I'm interested in a 400mm version. How does the weight of the aluminum frame compare to the weight of the reinforced plastic frames?

PM inbound.
Valkyrie_1520 is offline Find More Posts by Valkyrie_1520
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
United States, OK, Woodward
Joined Sep 2010
65 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
frame

I bought one of his 303 mm and man i love it. That new Fc is cool. love it. As far as the frame it is at a nice weight and I think his on the right track. I get pretty much the same time out of this frame as i do my carbon one. Great job on the 303 mm and if this one is anything like the 303mm frame and im sure it is, i will have to have one... ? Does it come with everything like the 303mm did or just frame? tc and like the way you build your frames.
willyjoe73801 is offline Find More Posts by willyjoe73801
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
United States, MO
Joined Apr 2009
330 Posts
Trader Rating: 34
Awesome.

Okay, I'm in. Need 2 more of these frames for sure. Beautiful! I already own 2 of his quads (3 if you count the X250) and I can tell you they are super nice! I will definitely want at least 2 or 3 of these bad boys. Plz contact me so I can send you all of my money!

I see now what you were talking about. Sign me up!
Bryan's Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Bryan's Flyin
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,135 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words and for the feedback. Feedback is good. I just got up to find 9 PMs in my inbox. I can make them but I will ship in the same order that orders were received. We're looking at a 2 weeks wait or so now. Further orders may have to wait a little longer.

Two people have asked about weight. The M356 pictured above weighs 520 grams all assembles with RX, propellers, motors, ESCs and FC (no battery). That's darn good for a quad that won't break. Considering I will not make them with motors that have any less than 650 grams of thrust each, I think weight isn't much of a concern at all.

Off to reply to your PMs now.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,135 Posts
Armattan M378

This is another order I completed yesterday: Armattan M378

Best,