HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:40 PM
Oregon USA
Joined Aug 2010
165 Posts
Link
the flying man

Hi I finally am in the right posting section!

My name is Greg Tanous with RcSuperhero.com

I designed and copyrighted my first flying man in 1999
name "Flying man glider" march 1 1999
and "Flying guy" in Aug.21 2000
and 22 other unique airplanes - most of them of the human form.

I have successfully been designing the flying human form longer than anybody else I know - I'm not bragging that's just how it is. Flying people has been a passion of mine ever since I linked the control element of the skydiver shape to the design requirements of a airplane. forward center of gravity/ good weight to surface ratio/ and flying surfaces with control surfaces in 1999.
Before the RcSuperhero design (when I searched the internet) the only other flying men I could find was mated too a wing or delta cape on his back,
which did'nt to me fly very super.
After I watched the Iron man movie I wanted to straighten out the legs ,
I was having trouble with the skydiver legs any ways. Uppon landing the skydiver legs would snap forward breaking the thighs.
The superhero like form legs fixed the problem and It has been a ride ever since! nearly a million views at http://www.youtube.com/user/borntafly?feature=mhee

I know when ever there is a good thing -there will be people that are going to come up with similar products, but I know I have 13 years and about $30,000.(that includes my laser machine) on them.
When you decide to give the http://www.rcsuperhero.com products a go then I am here to provide a well thought out and "designed tough"
flying man product that also has built in value! I have sold two 78" rcsuperhero's for $1800. each and just one 57" flying man Ready to fly was worth $800 dollars to the same man.I'm not bragging its just that these have more value "after" you build them- than before you did.The minuscule $9.95 or $19.95 price of the PDF plans will be made back many times over with the planes highly realistic RcSuperhero performance/looks/durability/and selling price -should you ever choose to sell him. Hope it was fun reading! All the best High Regards to ALL my RC Family! Greg Tanous
rcsuperhero is offline Find More Posts by rcsuperhero
Last edited by rcsuperhero; Jan 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:38 AM
Oregon USA
Joined Aug 2010
165 Posts
Michael P in California did a amazing job building a RcSuperhero.com aircraft
Last edited by rcsuperhero; Jul 03, 2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: edit info
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:44 AM
Oregon USA
Joined Aug 2010
165 Posts
thanks for all the interest
Last edited by rcsuperhero; Jul 03, 2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: fix info
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:49 AM
Oregon USA
Joined Aug 2010
165 Posts
Here is what Michael said after I asked him about what he changed on the set up of the plane -e-mail ( by permission)

Hi Greg.

The attached photo is showing the hole I put in for the motor mount support, I also
zip tied the wire to the lower un-used hole during final assembly.

I also added two (2) washers on the lower side of the motor to give it some up thrust.
I would estimate perhaps 1 or 2 degrees at the most. I do not see any large pitch change
due to power level changes (going from 1/2 to full throttle). Of course, when you pull
off all of the power, the nose does drop and if you are already slowed down and pull
off all the power, it drops a lot! This is, I think, normal for this type of aircraft.

Respectfully, Michael P.
Last edited by rcsuperhero; Jul 03, 2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: grammer fix
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:51 AM
Oregon USA
Joined Aug 2010
165 Posts
Another Michael P. letter
-Hi Greg. Regarding motor and performance.

With the Scorp SII 3020-1110 and a 3S1P 3300 LiPo, have you ever tried
an APC Thin Elec 13 X 4 prop? In running some numbers thru Motocalc, it
looooooks like the 13 X 4 prop will give about 10% more thrust than the
12 X 6 prop. Of course the pitch speed will be less with the 13 X 4 prop,
37mph vs 54mph (approximately that is) however, I do not see the RCSH
going much over 35 mph airspeed!

Michael P.
Last edited by rcsuperhero; Jul 03, 2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:06 AM
Oregon USA
Joined Aug 2010
165 Posts
my latest vids of my guy

http://www.youtube.com/user/borntafl.../0/ScWJkUhCi6g

and also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXP6K8YiNKE
Last edited by rcsuperhero; Jan 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: added amimation
Old Feb 03, 2012, 12:03 AM
Vancouver
Joined Sep 2003
71 Posts
The Green Lantern showed up at our Father's Day Fly Meet last year.

FathersFunFlyDay011.mov (7 min 33 sec)

Larry
Digiflier is offline Find More Posts by Digiflier
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:53 AM
Oregon USA
Joined Aug 2010
165 Posts
- The 78" plane now has a easy lock and tab self jigging design. (you get the new design when you buy the 78" plans) It is self aligning as you build it! and no butt joints! The first released slightly shorter 75" plane was way to LOUD - so I totally redesigned the head mount to get the prop in the neck area instead of the middle of the head.
Now I can run a BIG prop and low RPM three bladed prop on 11 volts. Now there is way more thrust and it is SO MUCH Quieter. The plane is a dream to fly! it will practically
loop around its life sized self in place.The plane Can take off vertically.Also though ,because of its high drag flying sculpture design-keep some power on (thrust) all the way to the ground when you land it.
Some people cut the power 6 feet up and wonder why there plane drops to the ground. shorting its life span if repeated over and over.

Any RcGroups member can request a $25. refund on the 78" RcSuperhero kit and I will honor it.

http://www.RcSuperhero.com is the SEFF 2012 - RC Groups sponsor for
the Southeast Electric Flight Festival is the world's largest outdoor electric event.
Last edited by rcsuperhero; Jul 03, 2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: fix
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, WV, Charles Town
Joined Oct 2007
2 Posts
Hello, my name is christian fawcet...i have been flying rc since 1978 (control line before that) and am very interested in building the flying man models and even piloting them for prespective buyers. I fly 3d and know i can hover these models...that would be super cool!!! Looking forward to hearing from you;
christian fawcett
charlestown, wv 25414
about 1hr.10min. From wash. Dc

christian_fawcett@yahoo.com
3d air is offline Find More Posts by 3d air
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:08 PM
USA, CA, La Quinta
Joined Aug 2007
92 Posts
Digiflyer, What did you paint him with?
timlq is offline Find More Posts by timlq
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:09 PM
USA, CA, La Quinta
Joined Aug 2007
92 Posts
I ordered the smaller plans today. Cn you get me a bill of materials so I can buy the foam today? Yes, I am in a rush....thanks.
timlq is offline Find More Posts by timlq