Old Oct 07, 2010, 01:17 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
Hi
Following on from my previous one and only post I have now replaced the receiver board however I still have a problem with the alireon servo it still don't do anything at all. When I turn the tx on and the heli on the alireon servo moves to the bottom of its travel and then wontc budge if I then turn off the tx the servo returns to centre.? I'm guessing it should be at centre when everything is in neutral? As I say its a brand new board so fingers crossed it.is not a problem with that. Can anyone help?
I'm with guy1a, sounds like a TX problem. Seems like the stick steers full left aileron and then jams the servo while doing so. Perhaps stick calibration might help, I had the same with my throttle stick a while ago. It just kept saying 100% regardless of what position it was in. When switching to mode 1, it kept locked at 0%. I fixed it by following the Nine Eagles TX freeze up tips on Frieslander's blog: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=186453
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2010, 01:24 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflabs View Post
Thanks for the responses so far guys. I'm finally getting a feel for the Solo Pro and have a few questions.

Does the Solo Pro inherently have a laggy throttle response? I feel like I have to compensate ahead in order to keep the heli from climbing too high or dropping to low. I know it's a normal for FP helis but didn't realize it would be this bad. My 120 SR responds a bit faster to throttle inputs.

Does it also drop when applying full yaw in addition to full left/right cyclic?
What battery do you use? With a little faded stock battery I can imagine this happening. With the Intellect I usually have to watch out not to apply too much throttle, and send the heli up too high.

Could also be that the main motor is a little worn/damaged. My first heli, that has seen more action and crashes than any other, needs 45 to 55% to hover. A much newer BnF needs as little as 35% on some batteries. There is a 0.3 gram difference in weight, but that is now enough to explain the difference. I know it's the motor, it also makes less sound when on full throttle.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 01:26 AM
XFM
eXperimental Flying Machines
Joined Aug 2010
474 Posts
Is this the new model ?!!!http://www.hitecrcd.co.jp/RC/nine_ea...s_sx/index.htm
XFM is online now Find More Posts by XFM
Old Oct 07, 2010, 01:45 AM
XFM
Joined Aug 2010
474 Posts
Solo Pro with scale body!
Old Oct 07, 2010, 03:10 AM
XFM
Joined Aug 2010
474 Posts
Hughes SX - Basically it's a Solo Pro with the revised RX [V-01?] , new body and LG , LED spotlight and 150mah lipo. I would buy one plus extra body and LG for my SP so it can be a stunt double
Old Oct 07, 2010, 03:19 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,611 Posts
Looks very cool! But 2 things, weight has gone up to 33g according to your link, so flight times won't be going up with that 150 mah battery. And dark blue may make it a little hard to spot in the air. And a scale body might make it less crash resistant.

Seems like there is also a lighter colored fuselage. One thing that bothers me is that the spare parts don't seem any different, except fuselage and skids. Same bendy flybar, and wven the old type links of the Solo Pro I and II, instead of those of the V-series. Somehow this doesn't feel like the big improvement Marconos seemed to hint at.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Oct 07, 2010 at 03:46 AM.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 05:36 AM
XFM
Joined Aug 2010
474 Posts
Agreed, very cool looking though. Not hard to spot with the LEDs as glimpsed on Marconos teaser vid. The site says 5 to 7 mins flight.

My Solo Pros gyro and aileron trim was way off but thanks to Himalayas post on page 187 about the hidden sub-trim feature, it now flies great.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 05:43 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,611 Posts
Seems like the battery is inserted the same way as on the coax, so with connector forward. Wonder if the center of gravity won't get too much back with this setup.

Btw, I made a special topic for this heli: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1319116
Old Oct 07, 2010, 08:04 AM
Joined Dec 2009
2,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Looks very cool! But 2 things, weight has gone up to 33g according to your link, so flight times won't be going up with that 150 mah battery. And dark blue may make it a little hard to spot in the air. And a scale body might make it less crash resistant.

Seems like there is also a lighter colored fuselage. One thing that bothers me is that the spare parts don't seem any different, except fuselage and skids. Same bendy flybar, and wven the old type links of the Solo Pro I and II, instead of those of the V-series. Somehow this doesn't feel like the big improvement Marconos seemed to hint at.
It is awesome. The look of the fuse, it is perfect. It may not be able to keep up with the Solo Pro. But scale Helis are not ment too. It will be a great little Heli
NaterPin is online now Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old Oct 07, 2010, 08:32 AM
trying to catch Mr. FrSky... It flyes
Joined Jan 2005
1,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFM View Post
Solo Pro with scale body!
So where I can find this scale body!!!

And sorry to ask this but, any link on where to find more Nine Eagles models beside HK? I bought my solo pro from Them
splitpilot is offline Find More Posts by splitpilot
Old Oct 07, 2010, 08:54 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,611 Posts
XFM already gave the link, just scroll down for spare parts: http://www.hitecrcd.co.jp/RC/nine_ea...s_sx/index.htm

And just to remind you, this heli has it's own topic now: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1319116

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaterPin View Post
It is awesome. The look of the fuse, it is perfect. It may not be able to keep up with the Solo Pro. But scale Helis are not ment too. It will be a great little Heli
It looks sweet, the cockpit is perfect with that smoke colored windscreen. I only wonder how this even higher placed tail will keep up with flybar strikes, since it seems this scale Solo Pro uses the same flexible flybar...
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:54 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jun 2010
58 Posts
My solo pro links keep popping off, I even bought a new set, and they will not stay on. The balls are not bent or anything, but I cannot figure out why they will not stay on.
jessecuster is offline Find More Posts by jessecuster
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:00 AM
Joined Sep 2007
210 Posts
worn balls? lol

aye not much of an improvement in my eyes, they could have at very least sorted out the bloody flybar
noobyuk is offline Find More Posts by noobyuk
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:18 AM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessecuster View Post
My solo pro links keep popping off, I even bought a new set, and they will not stay on. The balls are not bent or anything, but I cannot figure out why they will not stay on.
Try a light coat of Crazy Glue on the balls or inside the link holes. It is safer to do the link holes as Crazy Glue has the habit of going where it should not go.
frieslander is online now Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:20 AM
Joined Dec 2009
2,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessecuster View Post
Pop off your links and with a tooth pick wipe "one" very thin layer of CA on the instead and let dry. Then test it out and adjust it from there if you need more. Don't put CA on your balls, just the links.
NaterPin is online now Find More Posts by NaterPin