SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

NEW! Lumenier Danaus FPV Quadcopter

New Quad from Lumenier with Integrated Prop Guards

Splash

New Release from Lumenier

The new Lumenier Danaus FPV Quadcopter is a cool new mini quad with a twist. We all know mini fpv quads get banged up pretty good as they tend to get used a lot in proximity flying near immovable objects. This usually ends up in some broken props and a walk of shame, but not anymore. With the Monarch, the frame has integrated prop guards that allow you to bump up against obstacles and keep flying. The frame is super tough being made of carbon and glass laminate while also staying fairly lightweight. It's a great choice if you want a trainer for proximity fpv flying. Watching the video below, you can see just how great the prop guards are as it bumps into the hand rails on the stairs and keeps on trucking.

Rails (3 min 55 sec)

Features:

• Carbon and Glass 2 piece frame
  • Integrated prop guards
  • Fits a variety of motors.
  • Cutouts for SMA connectors and adapters for Vtx's
  • Integrated power distribution board
  • Support for 32mm board cams
  • Support for HD camera (such as the Mobius). Optional vibration damping camera mount available.
  • Landing Gear Included
  • Due to the design, it can be built standard or upside down with motors on top and props underneath.

Learn more about the Lumenier Danaus at GetFPV.

Discussion

Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:32 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,465 Posts
Ive been looking for a quad to do boat mast rigging inspections,this one would work great!
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Dec 15, 2014, 04:58 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,543 Posts
Like!
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:48 AM
FPV Proximity is FUN!
Australia, WA, York
Joined May 2012
1,653 Posts
Looks good for a beginner although looks like it would have alot of drag
fOaMmaSh87 is offline Find More Posts by fOaMmaSh87
Old Dec 16, 2014, 02:48 PM
obey gravity, it's the law
USA, IL, Rockford
Joined Nov 2005
458 Posts
It's starting to grow on me. I see it more for going thru the trees and foliage then for racing.
Flying glass is offline Find More Posts by Flying glass
Old Dec 16, 2014, 03:04 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,465 Posts
If used for racing you could bump the competition out of the race( accidently of course)
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Dec 16, 2014, 04:17 PM
Joined Jun 2013
14 Posts
Hey guys I'm the designer of this baby. It's not as quick as a QAV250 of course, but it's faster and more agile than you'd expect. It emboldened me to try new things and really improved my skills. Here's a couple more videos.

Postizo (4 min 58 sec)

Danaus (1 min 24 sec)
ashen is online now Find More Posts by ashen
Old Dec 16, 2014, 04:27 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,788 Posts
Jason - you might want to update the name of the quad per the GetFPV site.... trademark issue found.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:38 AM
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Want.
Binh is offline Find More Posts by Binh
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:23 AM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
Jason - you might want to update the name of the quad per the GetFPV site.... trademark issue found.
Thanks!
Jason Cole is offline Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:35 PM
Joined Dec 2014
1 Posts
Hey Ashon,

I am curious if you could provide some kind of video of this thing crashing around full speed if you have any. Also when this thing has crashed at full speed did it break any part of your frame? Do you sell replacement parts or would someone have to buy a whole new frame? I'm very interested in this but I have a few concerns that I hope you can answer.

Thanks!
decepts is offline Find More Posts by decepts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 07:01 PM
unregistered pilot
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2013
434 Posts
Wait so it used to be the monarch right? Danaus is the revised name?
unitedheavy is offline Find More Posts by unitedheavy
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:15 PM
Joined Jun 2013
14 Posts
Yes there was a copyright issue so now it's the Danaus. decepts we talked about this on fpvlab but for here I'll repeat. There will be replacement frame plates for sale. Yes, like any frame, it'll break if you crash hard enough. You can repair one or two cracks with tape but at some point the frame will lose rigidity and then you'll have to replace a plate.
ashen is online now Find More Posts by ashen
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:26 PM
Dirty Side Down.......o~^o
United States, MD, Sharpsburg
Joined Mar 2014
1,107 Posts
I have some philosophy regarding this frame- and I should qualify this post with the fact that I have one of these enroute because for some reason I just couldn't get it out of my head- it appeals to my flying style and I go through so many props flying backyard therapy. This should save me some money there

Regarding the strength of the thin plates in a crash- I originally did not spring due to that- but after siting at my bench and mocking up some thinner plates of G10 with aluminum standoffs it occurred to me that yes- these plates are not as thick but they do not need to be- the top and bottom thinner plates with those standoffs make for a very rigid and strong frame. I also was worried about video- and while granted it is juz piloting and that is almost unfair to us mere mortals, he managed killer smooth video so unless there is subterfuge at work that is a non issue.

I only have one curiosity left- what benefits- if any (aside from pure cool factor) would mounting the motors upside down provide? What flight characteristics would change, if any?

As for withstanding garden variety bashing- well, if the fans can wait, that is what I specialize in- the bashing part I mean. I will put it through the paces you can be assured- and I will film every second of it. I will know inside of 2 weeks if it can take the Hiway abuse test. Not that I am any great pilot, but I do know how to break up minis

Now... getfpv.... about that micro version? How about it? C'mon.... you know it will sell like hotcakes.
Hiway is online now Find More Posts by Hiway
Old Yesterday, 02:09 AM
unregistered pilot
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2013
434 Posts
Thin plates sandwiched is generally a pretty good design. It's worked pretty well on the Hoverthings flip 260. Also, upside down motors won't have the arms in the way of the thrust from the prop - I think the difference is negligible, but I'm sure that plenty of people will make a fuss about it.
unitedheavy is offline Find More Posts by unitedheavy