HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2014, 08:55 PM
Joined Feb 2009
285 Posts
Discussion
help with pz micro corsairs

I live in the PHoenix, AZ area at the moment and I own two micro corsairs. Bought the first one after reading the reviews on it, got it RTF. Went home charged the battery, checked the control throws and directions, all ok. Took off and got around ten feet up and it just rolled over and went straight in to the asphalt. Broke the wing, so I repaired that, checked it out again, and it did the same thing. All the electronics are ok. I went out and bought another on, only BNF this time. Bound it to my Spectrum DX6i, and went out to fly over some tall grass. It did the same thing. I've flown for 30 plus years, mostly nitro till I moved to this area. I own half a dozen Pz micro warbirds, and all fly fine.
Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? If theres someone in the Phoenix area who could let me bring the planes over to be checked out, I'd appreciat it. I want to fix them up so I can fly them.

Brian Heap
canyon is offline Find More Posts by canyon
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2014, 10:46 PM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
Mine used to do that. It could be the linear servos locking up. You could try reducing the travel to 90%.
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old May 08, 2014, 11:33 PM
United States, IL, Oswego
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
I have 3 of those little demons! Just picked up the third to make a "skipper" from disney's planes for my son's collection. Every one of them came out of the box tail heavy. Have you checked the center of gravity? They are also wickedly under powered compared to most rc war birds. It took me a long time and a lot of ca before I could successfully fly an inverted pass. With the lack of "get out of trouble" power, and the aft CG, it's really set up to do exactly what you've experienced. Stall, roll inverted, contact ground, and cost money. Give it a try with a dime taped to the nose... If it works out, add some permanent nose weight. If it doesn't, you can buy the one I converted to 2s brushless with as3x
tlindou is offline Find More Posts by tlindou
Old May 09, 2014, 03:12 AM
Joined Feb 2009
285 Posts
micro PZ corsairs

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to go get mine and fix the problems, maybe add more power, if not, I'll have to contact you for a plane that will fly right. It sounds like it's way tail heavy, not to mention underpowered. Man, I really appreciate the help and advice guys. I'm beginning to have some hope now. I was flying at an altitude of 8,000 feet at our cabin in the mountains. My other micros flew fine up there, I have a champ, and half a dozen Pz micros that all fly fine.

Thanks again for the help both of you sirs,

Brian
canyon is offline Find More Posts by canyon
Old May 18, 2014, 10:24 AM
Flying Object Crash Tester
United States, WA, Tacoma
Joined Jun 2013
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlindou View Post
I have 3 of those little demons! Just picked up the third to make a "skipper" from disney's planes for my son's collection. Every one of them came out of the box tail heavy. Have you checked the center of gravity? They are also wickedly under powered compared to most rc war birds. It took me a long time and a lot of ca before I could successfully fly an inverted pass. With the lack of "get out of trouble" power, and the aft CG, it's really set up to do exactly what you've experienced. Stall, roll inverted, contact ground, and cost money. Give it a try with a dime taped to the nose... If it works out, add some permanent nose weight. If it doesn't, you can buy the one I converted to 2s brushless with as3x
Just picked one up last week and got pretty lucky. Balance with battery all the way forward a good, power was OK. But your 2s w/as3x conversion sounds real interesting! Would you share details? I have a t-28 with a bad ESC and that maybe the ticket!
kitetricks is offline Find More Posts by kitetricks