HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:10 AM
Registered Cruiser
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Jan 2013
186 Posts
Inspite of Dan's mishap (hopefully minor) you guys made a good call flying inland............Fermin was perfect for a picnic in the park but zero wind / lift on Sunday.
SteveK123 is offline Find More Posts by SteveK123
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:01 AM
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Aug 2004
1,874 Posts
It was a beautiful day on top the hill. The lift was spotty with occasional hot and cold spots, despite the good velocity. I think we had a 30 minute lull in the action, so we scouted a bit, and we discussed the west side of the slope. It is much different than the east face, the west side being more "bald" and east side being heavily brushed all the way to the top, which may have had an influence on the conditions in the air. After the scenic tour I decided to have another go and flew for 15 minutes with no terrible influence one way or another, so we pulled a few wires and went at it. Lots of fun, and landing in Slovakia style long heather grass making things even better. You had to really try to get your plane down to dirt, the grass held the plane suspended. Way cool, and it is the area we will be using for the west wind side as well. Dirt road time-1hr, and I dont hurry.

It was quite picturesque as well.

WD
concreteman is offline Find More Posts by concreteman