SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:35 AM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,958 Posts
Discussion
HoverFly Pro green board question.

Is there a data log in the HoverFly Pro green board. I had my old quad with the HoverFly Pro tumbled out of the sky at about 100 feet high. I found the quad and everything seems to be working just fine on the bench. I will pull the hardware and out them on a test frame to make sure all is working ok before putting a gimbal and camera on it again.

In the meantime I just want to know why it fell. The right front arm dipped. I am suspecting a corroded motor to ESC connector right now. Other than that I have no clue because everything works.

So I am curious if the HoverFly Pro has a log to tell me if it tried to increase power to one motor to compensate for something during the flight.

Thanks in advance.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:14 AM
Flight Instructor
Chico, CA
Joined Jun 2008
684 Posts
It sounds motor or esc related. I was having an intermittent issue on a large octo. The rear arm would occasionally drop out. Since it was an octo it continued to fly but it was scary. I thought it was firmware related but it wasn't. I replaced the esc but no change. The day I decided to replace the motor it finally began to smoke and cooked while in the air. The ship kept flying and the motor was fully dead. Check your motor, esc, connections, everything. You name the problem and I've had it happen.
mspencer is offline Find More Posts by mspencer