Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:36 AM
looking up down under
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matiac View Post
Isn't that an anti-psychotic?
the cheaper brand lithium is not as effective as the more expensive (non-turnigy) brands

on a happier note, today i received my recent order that was paid for on september 8, and was shipped on 14 september, having had singapore post tracking tell me it was : Despatched to overseas (Country code: AU) on 20 september

still, a 4 channel micro receiver and 2 2s 750 mah lipos plus 3 connectors under $20 delivered is okay by me

i used the time i was waiting to ignore how slow they were
scruffy1 is offline Find More Posts by scruffy1
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:06 AM
AMA 994002
United States, RI, Westerly
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
This is just a good day all around! Went flying this morning, learned that LiPos don't last quite as long when it's cold, and I get home, check status of my order, and by crackies it shipped!!!
matiac is offline Find More Posts by matiac
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stability issue
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:32 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
This is just a good day all around! Went flying this morning, learned that LiPos don't last quite as long when it's cold, and I get home, check status of my order, and by crackies it shipped!!!
I'm glad that worked out for you. See they aren't so bad. Just confusing sometimes. I don't think the body talks to the head very much.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:52 PM
PEMAC
Australia, New South Wales, Penrith
Joined Jul 2007
755 Posts
They could hire more staff to streamline it all, but then they'd have to raise prices to cover the cost. Personally I find the current system works great, I don't mind waiting a few days here and there for good products at good prices.
SleepySean is offline Find More Posts by SleepySean
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepySean View Post
They could hire more staff to streamline it all, but then they'd have to raise prices to cover the cost. Personally I find the current system works great, I don't mind waiting a few days here and there for good products at good prices.
From what Anthony Hand said on Flitetest customer service reps are expensive in China like they are in India (the good ones) where as in the US its a menial job.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:49 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
From what Anthony Hand said on Flitetest customer service reps are expensive in China like they are in India (the good ones) where as in the US its a menial job.
Good customer service rep ? in India ? LMAO ! Whoohoo !!!
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
Good customer service rep ? in India ? LMAO ! Whoohoo !!!
I'm saying customer service jobs in India are valued and we'll paying jobs. Not like in America.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:44 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Aug 2011
40 Posts
I'm another satisfied HK customer, although those concerns are exactly why I've steered away from their models and stuck with components. If a $5 ESC or $10 motor fails, I just figure the replacement cost covers what I would have spent at the LHS and call it even. I wouldn't feel quite that way about a model that I spent $100 to buy and ship.
jwolf98 is offline Find More Posts by jwolf98
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:16 AM
PEMAC
Australia, New South Wales, Penrith
Joined Jul 2007
755 Posts
That's true, the one bad motor I received (cost $14) is easily covered by the 30 odd good ones that cost half the price of my fancy name brand ones and they work just as well. I figure $14 to save $100's is a good deal. If I'd been bothered to contact HK customer service they probably would have given me a credit anyway

I do buy their models too. Just read the reviews, some need work but a lot of them - especially the duraflys - are just great designs.
SleepySean is offline Find More Posts by SleepySean
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:05 PM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
This just in:
Asked about the status of my order because there was some confusion, and while they told me the item shipped, I asked for a tracking number, and she said, and I quote, "because you chose International Air Mail, there is no tracking number." All but 2 orders from Hobby King have come from overseas, and each one went International Air Mail, and each had a tracking number. Now, all of a sudden, those types of orders have no tracking number?? But, on the brighter side of the guillotine, it'll be here in 7 to 39 days...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:00 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,163 Posts
Tracking numbers only are attached to Registered International Air Mail. I've never got a tracking number for International Air Mail (cheapest option), in fact the HK status tells you there is no tracking number. Now if you selected Registered Air Mail, you should have been given a tracking number.

Worse news - The items I've ordered using plain International Air Mail have taken 3-6 weeks to arrive. The registered Air Mail seems to arrive much faster.

Which did you use?
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:23 PM
AMA 994002
Joined May 2012
1,050 Posts
What I always use, International Airmail. I ordered props from H.K., they shipped I.A., and were here in 2 weeks. LiPos take forever though...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,163 Posts
Quote:
All but 2 orders from Hobby King have come from overseas, and each one went International Air Mail, and each had a tracking number
You say you have been getting tracking numbers with non-registered International Air Mail?

The other is International (registered) Air Mail. It's about a $1 more.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Oct 11, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
What I always use, International Airmail. I ordered props from H.K., they shipped I.A., and were here in 2 weeks. LiPos take forever though...
I buy lipos from the US warehouse. I get mine in a week. I've never seen 45 days as mentioned previously.