HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:00 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2007
545 Posts
I see spare parts listed on front page of helircstore.com, shown as new arrivals.

I think I may order one of these. helircstore does not show the Devo 7, could go to WOW I guess, but I think helircstore is a little cheaper on shipping.

Is the Devo 7 an adequate controller for the ladybird?
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:15 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
I see spare parts listed on front page of helircstore.com, shown as new arrivals.

I think I may order one of these. helircstore does not show the Devo 7, could go to WOW I guess, but I think helircstore is a little cheaper on shipping.

Is the Devo 7 an adequate controller for the ladybird?
I would advise you spend a little more ($50.00) so actually it's a lot more and get it with the Devo 10. I think it was worth the investment to get the 10...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:23 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
8,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I would advise you spend a little more ($50.00) so actually it's a lot more and get it with the Devo 10. I think it was worth the investment to get the 10...
Isn't the ten the same as the Devil 7 with an extra couple knobs and telemetry functionality?

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:30 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Isn't the ten the same as the Devil 7 with an extra couple knobs and telemetry functionality?

Chris
NO!! It's not a Devil 10 it's more of a a 2801 Pro/Devo.. with 10 channels and telemetry..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:38 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
NO!! It's not a Devil 10 it's more of a a 2801 Pro/Devo.. with 10 channels and telemetry..
...and 30 models instead of 8.
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:41 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
...and 30 models instead of 8.
And the most important thing a vibrator....
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:44 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
And the most important thing a vibrator....
I can't ruff that!
Yeah, the vibrator is quite important for some...
FDR_ is offline Find More Posts by FDR_
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:43 PM
bobepine's Avatar
Joined Jun 2011
8,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
NO!! It's not a Devil 10 it's more of a a 2801 Pro/Devo.. with 10 channels and telemetry..
Oh... So you get to see the throttle curves and pitch curves, D/R, etc, I'm guessing. Nice!

So how are you enjoying the bug, bob? Seems like a nice little flyer for your driveway flying area.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:27 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Oh... So you get to see the throttle curves and pitch curves, D/R, etc, I'm guessing. Nice!

So how are you enjoying the bug, bob? Seems like a nice little flyer for your driveway flying area.

Best,
Chris
Yes you can see the curves.. I have gotten as far as charging up the battery, installing batteries in the TX setting up dual rates and expo.. And that's it so far..

Been tied up working outside on the house.. Installing tile on the front deck/porch,, we had two days with no rain forecast so I have been busting butt getting it laid. Finished it tonight, now we are in for 3 days of rain so I'll be able to play with it.. I hope.. But yes LB should be a perfect fit for the driveway.. Once I get all the construction stuff off it that is.. Right now there's about 4 yards of topsoil that's in the way and has to be wheel barreled into the back yard.. Into the raised garden beds that I have to make next.. And 468 paving bricks that have to be laid for the new path to the front porch. Stack of boards on saw horses.. And my seedlings that I set on the driveway every morning and take back inside at night as we have been getting frost here at night..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:43 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Yes you can see the curves.. I have gotten as far as charging up the battery, installing batteries in the TX setting up dual rates and expo.. And that's it so far..

Been tied up working outside on the house.. Installing tile on the front deck/porch,, we had two days with no rain forecast so I have been busting butt getting it laid. Finished it tonight, now we are in for 3 days of rain so I'll be able to play with it.. I hope.. But yes LB should be a perfect fit for the driveway.. Once I get all the construction stuff off it that is.. Right now there's about 4 yards of topsoil that's in the way and has to be wheel barreled into the back yard.. Into the raised garden beds that I have to make next.. And 468 paving bricks that have to be laid for the new path to the front porch. Stack of boards on saw horses.. And my seedlings that I set on the driveway every morning and take back inside at night as we have been getting frost here at night..
Ah household projects, good times.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:52 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
Ah household projects, good times.
Funny that down here it's work,, but if I was doing the same thing up at the cottage it would be fun.. But then I would be doing a lot of this heavy stuff with the BobCat..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:02 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Funny that down here it's work,, but if I was doing the same thing up at the cottage it would be fun.. But then I would be doing a lot of this heavy stuff with the BobCat..
Having a bobcat would sure make things easier thats for sure. I too have laid many a pavestone and Im only 29 years of age. My dad taught me something very important though. One day as we were working in the yard on one of my moms projects he says to me " The trick is to take your time, dont get in a rush....that way momma cant have me do anything else, so I just go slow and get it done when I get it done."

haha, my dad is pretty alright if ya ask me, so now when I do projects I take my time and that way the "next" inevitable project is just a little farther off.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:43 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
Having a bobcat would sure make things easier thats for sure. I too have laid many a pavestone and Im only 29 years of age. My dad taught me something very important though. One day as we were working in the yard on one of my moms projects he says to me " The trick is to take your time, dont get in a rush....that way momma cant have me do anything else, so I just go slow and get it done when I get it done."

haha, my dad is pretty alright if ya ask me, so now when I do projects I take my time and that way the "next" inevitable project is just a little farther off.
Well here it's this is what you have to get done before you can go up to the cottage and play..

So the longer it takes me the more it hurts me.. All I have left to do is finish the porch tile job, install the trim board around it, buy and install iron railing around the porch and down the 26' of new brick walkway that I still have to install, make and fill up the new raised garden beds not sure yet how many for her, install siding on the peacock house, after I jack it back up to being level, plant the vegetable gardens.

Then go up to cottage with her set up 14 tables for her Yard Sale, remove her collection of yard sale stuff she has been buying all year from the barn, cottage attic, garage attic, set it up.. Spend the Memorial Day weekend babysitting her yard sale.. Put everything away after wards, bring her back home.. And then I can go back up and spend the summer having FUN cutting down the hundred or so dead Ash trees from the Emerald Ash borer into fire wood. While trying not to hit the barn. cottage, power line etc.

Not sure when I'm going to have any time to fly,, Right now I'm making up some more slipper clutches...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:06 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
Well here it's this is what you have to get done before you can go up to the cottage and play..

So the longer it takes me the more it hurts me.. All I have left to do is finish the porch tile job, install the trim board around it, buy and install iron railing around the porch and down the 26' of new brick walkway that I still have to install, make and fill up the new raised garden beds not sure yet how many for her, install siding on the peacock house, after I jack it back up to being level, plant the vegetable gardens.

Then go up to cottage with her set up 14 tables for her Yard Sale, remove her collection of yard sale stuff she has been buying all year from the barn, cottage attic, garage attic, set it up.. Spend the Memorial Day weekend babysitting her yard sale.. Put everything away after wards, bring her back home.. And then I can go back up and spend the summer having FUN cutting down the hundred or so dead Ash trees from the Emerald Ash borer into fire wood. While trying not to hit the barn. cottage, power line etc.

Not sure when I'm going to have any time to fly,, Right now I'm making up some more slipper clutches...
Dude, thats it? LOL

I feel for you man, I do. My GF is pretty chilled out she even lets me fly the LB and the MiniCP in the house. Sounds like you got some work ahead of you. At least you got your "slipper clutches" hehe. I do need to buy a v120d02s but since my son is only a month and a week there are more important things at the moment. Ah, the joys of getting older. Just 3-4 years ago I didnt give a flying **** what I was doing from day to day. haha
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:18 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
Dude, thats it? LOL

I feel for you man, I do. My GF is pretty chilled out she even lets me fly the LB and the MiniCP in the house. Sounds like you got some work ahead of you. At least you got your "slipper clutches" hehe. I do need to buy a v120d02s but since my son is only a month and a week there are more important things at the moment. Ah, the joys of getting older. Just 3-4 years ago I didnt give a flying **** what I was doing from day to day. haha
She wants me to get all this done before I die I think.. The way she is pushing me I might go first... I'm sort of looking forward to just laying in the coffin and not having to get up.. Maybe I'll preorder one that's big enough to fly the LB in...
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Walkera QR Ladybird ScarFace_ Mini Multirotors 1714 Nov 11, 2014 02:31 AM
Discussion my UFO... test flight. not so good, but cool! areis81 Multirotor Talk 5 Feb 27, 2012 12:15 PM
Discussion So I have a defective X-ufo charger... aximbigfan Coaxial Helicopters 6 Dec 29, 2007 12:52 AM
Discussion Info needed - NY Grace 103 Mini Ventus HoverDown3K Electric Sailplanes 0 Jun 28, 2006 09:30 AM
Discussion Ok,....so you know those 1channel up/down UFO's......? Corbin_Dallas Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 2 May 11, 2006 10:53 PM