SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:26 PM
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
3,406 Posts
I am only a novice, but could something be out of balance under the cowl? Like the weight or is the battery out of alignment?
jbrumberg is online now Find More Posts by jbrumberg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Improving Visibility
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:15 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
ll see.
Hotfire is offline Find More Posts by Hotfire
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:36 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
WWW.carbonfibers107.com

Yo, Wazzz up. I think it's about time I give you an up date on the tail shaft drive mod. Out of all the mods that I have ever done this was the hardest to figure out and do.
I think I will call it the SR3 shark. The forward speed is 4 times faster then the stock speed with a picoo-Z tail blade. If I use the MSR tail blade IT KICKS ASS. Plus as it comes to an abrupt stop, it will not kick back as much as the ZR3-GT will. By not using the 6mm tail motor at the tail end of the heli I have reduced allot of the weight. Less weight less kick back. The flight time is around 6 mints with a 150 battery. It was a lot of fun building this thing but now its time to move on to the next project. If you boys can come up with a cool idea, let me know

SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:29 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,573 Posts
I have a "Nano Hercules" by "World Tech Toys". From my searches, it seems to be very similar to the Syma S107. I've been flying it just about every day since my wife gave it to me for Christmas but today the B motor quit. I took it apart and found the fragile brush contact on one side had disintegrated. I suppose at the RPMs these tiny motors make, there's no way they can last long.

Since "World Tech Toys" seems to be just a rebranding import company, it's hard to tell what the correct replacement part is. The motor is about 20mm in size measured from the wire cap to the end of the shaft and 6mm in diameter. Is that the same size as the B motor for the Syma 107?
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:38 AM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
Guy's,

I have not been on here for a while and a see lots of new members with S107's if anyone needs PicooZ tail rotors please PM me for very cheap prices to anywhere in the world.

Happy flying...
Klippie is offline Find More Posts by Klippie
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:21 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
I have a "Nano Hercules" by "World Tech Toys". From my searches, it seems to be very similar to the Syma S107. I've been flying it just about every day since my wife gave it to me for Christmas but today the B motor quit. I took it apart and found the fragile brush contact on one side had disintegrated. I suppose at the RPMs these tiny motors make, there's no way they can last long.

Since "World Tech Toys" seems to be just a rebranding import company, it's hard to tell what the correct replacement part is. The motor is about 20mm in size measured from the wire cap to the end of the shaft and 6mm in diameter. Is that the same size as the B motor for the Syma 107?
The main motors are 7mm x 17mm.
SysCrusher is online now Find More Posts by SysCrusher
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:45 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
S-107

I just love chinglish instructions.
Question 1 USB chger should it be yellow at the connection when charging?
Question 2. LED lights on copter when fully charged should all 4 be green?
Thanks, Jim
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:28 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysCrusher View Post
The main motors are 7mm x 17mm.
17mm from where to where?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:50 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfire View Post
S-107

Thanks, Jim
huh?

The yellow charger cable will light up red when fully charged. It should always be yellow. If yours stops being yellow, call a doctor.

My heli has only one LED, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. It's a re-brand, but I was under the impression that my nephew's S107 also has only 1 LED on the front.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:57 PM
Joined Jan 2013
160 Posts
Quote:
17mm from where to where?
7mm dia. x 17mm length
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:42 PM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfire View Post
S-107

Thanks, Jim
1. The light in the USB is off while charging, it comes on when charging is complete.
2. Genuine 107's have two LEDs on the copter. Neither have anything to do with charging. Flashing head light on the front. Small green LED on the circuit board, it flashes when the copter is switched on then goes on solid when the copter is stable and ready to fly.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:12 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysCrusher View Post
7mm dia. x 17mm length
yeah, that much was obvious but 17mm from cap to end of spindle or 17mm for the body of the rotor???

Here's a pic of what I have. Is this the same as the Syma's B motor?
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:35 PM
Joined Jan 2013
160 Posts
Quote:
yeah, that much was obvious but 17mm from cap to end of spindle or 17mm for the body of the rotor???

Sorry, 17mm from one end of the motor to the other end, not including the spindle. I got an extra one to measure, I'll post again.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
160 Posts
Quote:

The body of the motor is actually 7mm diameter by 17mm length. Including the spindle it's 25mm in length. Looks like the spindle on what you have is a bit short. Looks like 21mm from that picture. If you got 22mm the pinion would just fit right to mesh with the gears. Anything shorter than that, looks like it wouldn't work unless it's the A motor.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:33 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSquare123 View Post
1. The light in the USB is off while charging, it comes on when charging is complete.
2. Genuine 107's have two LEDs on the copter. Neither have anything to do with charging. Flashing head light on the front. Small green LED on the circuit board, it flashes when the copter is switched on then goes on solid when the copter is stable and ready to fly.
T Square, Thanks. Mine is a DMZ S-107 a Syma clone from Hobby Lobby on Franklin Pk.
What part of Music City do you live.

Jim