HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:30 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Well I just made a 2s750 pack out of some new nanos i had laying around.
Not sure of the weight more just wanted to test the jst-xh connector I am about to install on one of my 130's. If the jst-xh connector works well then I wont need to find special batteries or resolder connections in the future.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:57 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
I have been flipping my 130x inside the living room a little bit ..I think if I had that motor setup in it I would have a few holes in the walls...and broke the tv.

Very nice! As always he sure can fly It looks like a 450 on 6s

How long out do you think the motor is from production?
Yeah, its pretty crazy seeing it live. I just don't know how he does it so effortlessly. Anyway, since it is Chinese New Years, the factory takes the entire month off!!! So I guess it won't be happening until then.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:00 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Definitely need to know the performance on those batteries! I'd love a 750, IF it performs better, and isn't too heavy!!


Has anyone tried out the MH Delrin (OR the CNC, what's the difference?) main gear with autorotation hub? I had to hit TH the other day from about 15' up, before it went over the neighbors fence, and I wonder if that main gear with the auto rotation hub would have let me make a nicer, softer landing?

Here is what I'm looking at for my bird...
MH Titanium Swash with rear anti-rotation guide
MH Main gear with auto rotation hub (either the CNC or the delrin gear...not sure which would be best?)
RKH- Heatsink main motor mount
RKH- Main hub
RKH- Main blade grips
RKH- Tail Blade Grips
RKH- Tail gear case
RKH- Tail pitch slider
RKH- Tail push rod guide set
RKH- Servo mount set
RKH- Tail Fin (not sure which one...version 1 or 2?)
RKH- Swash leveler

OR, would you buy another 130X and keep them both stock??
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:05 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Anyone try these batteries out??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Flytown-Bl...item416a047659




5C charging!! WOW!
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:09 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,106 Posts
I haven't tried these, but I just wanted to say 5C charging is run-of-the-mill these days. It's expected.

BTW, there's no need to pay anywhere near $28 for a good 450mAh battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
Anyone try these batteries out??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Flytown-Bl...item416a047659




5C charging!! WOW!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
Anyone try these batteries out??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Flytown-Bl...item416a047659



5C charging!! WOW!
Not those, but I tried some other Flytown batteries for my mCP X. Worked great at first, but did not last very long at all. Power was way down in less than 20 cycles.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:52 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I haven't tried these, but I just wanted to say 5C charging is run-of-the-mill these days. It's expected.

BTW, there's no need to pay anywhere near $28 for a good 450mAh battery.
Where? That price is for two...I saw some from the UK, but posting from there is a killer...
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:31 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
Where? That price is for two...I saw some from the UK, but posting from there is a killer...
Oh, well that makes more sense.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:13 AM
Registered User
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKM_Heliman View Post
Anyone try these batteries out??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Flytown-Bl...item416a047659




5C charging!! WOW!
I don't if I would want to buy a battery that shows flames at 5C charge rate.

Thunder Power 325mah 65C have a 12C charge rate.
jhroof is online now Find More Posts by jhroof
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:32 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Just doing some light hovering in the living room last night and noticed the motor was kind of warm to the touch. I had ran two packs back to back but how warm/hot is normal?
SamNo3D is offline Find More Posts by SamNo3D
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:00 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNo3D View Post
Just doing some light hovering in the living room last night and noticed the motor was kind of warm to the touch. I had ran two packs back to back but how warm/hot is normal?
Yup... HH says 160 degrees is normal.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:10 PM
2 seconds from crashing
indoorheli's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
Well for about 1/2 a battery I thought I finally got some tail shakes. There was absolutely no shakes until above 80% throttle so I bet I could have still flipped it around on a low flat curve without issues. Most of the bad shakes popped up after doing reverse loops. After I popped the hood I found out it was only the battery. It looked like it was secure but wasnít good enough and now I need to go find some better velcro. Just goes to show how a bit more power compared to the 120ís I have had can cause issues from simply not paying attention to something simple.

Now if I had Darryl's machine I would have really been in trouble

130x battery induced shakes (5 min 22 sec)
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Well for about 1/2 a battery I thought I finally got some tail shakes. There was absolutely no shakes until above 80% throttle so I bet I could have still flipped it around on a low flat curve without issues. Most of the bad shakes popped up after doing reverse loops. After I popped the hood I found out it was only the battery. It looked like it was secure but wasn’t good enough and now I need to go find some better velcro. Just goes to show how a bit more power compared to the 120’s I have had can cause issues from simply not paying attention to something simple.

Now if I had Darryl's machine I would have really been in trouble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5RIU...ature=youtu.be
I noticed your TX beeping during flips. Is that your throttle timer when you transition through low stick in idle-up? If you set it to start/stop based on a throttle output percentage instead of a physical stick percentage, it won't do that. I know it probably doesn't really matter in the grand scheme, but I didn't like my TX beeping and timer stopping/starting every time I went through 1/4 low stick in idle-up. So, I changed it to a throttle output of 25% (independent of stick position, based on throttle curve) and the timer only beeps/stops going to low stick in NORM since my idle-up 2 and is a straight 100% "curve" and my idle-up 1 never drops below 25% at full low stick. Just thought that might help. If you do that on purpose, I'm curious as to why.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:27 PM
Registered User
sideburn's Avatar
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
I noticed your TX beeping during flips. Is that your throttle timer when you transition through low stick in idle-up? If you set it to start/stop based on a throttle output percentage instead of a physical stick percentage, it won't do that. I know it probably doesn't really matter in the grand scheme, but I didn't like my TX beeping and timer stopping/starting every time I went through 1/4 low stick in idle-up. So, I changed it to a throttle output of 25% (independent of stick position, based on throttle curve) and the timer only beeps/stops going to low stick in NORM since my idle-up 2 and is a straight 100% "curve" and my idle-up 1 never drops below 25% at full low stick. Just thought that might help. If you do that on purpose, I'm curious as to why.
I have the same problem but I don't think there's anything g I can do about it. It's a mod kit for a dx7
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:32 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Well for about 1/2 a battery I thought I finally got some tail shakes. There was absolutely no shakes until above 80% throttle so I bet I could have still flipped it around on a low flat curve without issues. Most of the bad shakes popped up after doing reverse loops. After I popped the hood I found out it was only the battery. It looked like it was secure but wasnít good enough and now I need to go find some better velcro. Just goes to show how a bit more power compared to the 120ís I have had can cause issues from simply not paying attention to something simple.

Now if I had Darryl's machine I would have really been in trouble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5RIU...ature=youtu.be
Nice flight. Yep, at the headspeed my heli is running now, a little vibration would probably blow the heli apart in mid-air.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale New in the box E-Flite Taylorcraft ARF Kit plus High Performance E-Flite components Philscho Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Aug 19, 2012 01:25 AM
For Sale E-Flite 300 32e SHP ****SOLD*** E-Flite still aviable tomtheman Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 28, 2012 09:01 PM
Sold E-flite 60A ESC w/ E-flite Brushless 1010kV Motor joshfneptune Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Mar 05, 2012 09:18 PM
Discussion E-Flite Taylorcraft 450 ARF Kit and High Power E-Flite electrical components $300 Philscho Hot Online Deals 1 Mar 02, 2012 09:11 PM
Discussion E-Flite Su-26 and E-flite Extra 260 repair Joe Slow Crash Discussion 1 Sep 27, 2011 12:50 PM