HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:49 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
If you're into indoor, you might try putting it in an F3P ship. Here's an 80% Disney with a Beast 3D brick & Beast 3D programming. The 80% Disney is designed for UMX-sized power systems. The first half of the clip is the Beast, so be sure to watch the second half.

AS3X.avi (8 min 49 sec)

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:09 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
If you're into indoor, you might try putting it in an F3P ship. Here's an 80% Disney with a Beast 3D brick & Beast 3D programming. The 80% Disney is designed for UMX-sized power systems. The first half of the clip is the Beast, so be sure to watch the second half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7m6oYZunVw

Joel
And don't let the video fool you, That type of flying is HARD!!! That is an amazing pilot right there.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:50 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
I tried searching the brushless motor design forum and this thread, but found nothing. My brushless 180 in my Sbach is snagging when turned by hand, like some sand got in between the stator and the magnets. How does this 180 brushless come apart? I do not see a hex nut or anything else. Is it pressed together? I do not want to destroy the motor trying to remove the bell, but I do not want to fly it like that either. Any ideas?
Thanks

Edit: small metal chips are clinging to the bell magnets possibly specs off of the magnets itself, one wire has broken, it looks like a wye termination. I will need to rewind it.. It has to be press-fit. so how do I get it apart?
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Last edited by bsfixit; Mar 03, 2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 04:21 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Maybe I will have better luck with this question... Whats the best way to assemble the plane with replacement parts? I did search, but did not find a definitive answer, GE II silicone, low temp hot glue.. I used GE ll silicone on the servo boards and the RX board. How about the wings, fuse, canopy, tail.. But not permanent. from what I have been able to read of this thread, low temp hot glue seems to be the right one for the job... opinions?
Thanks..
Old Mar 31, 2013, 05:01 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,969 Posts
I use UHU POR.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Mar 31, 2013, 05:19 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
I use UHU POR.
Gary
I have never been able to find that particular glue... I heard about it years ago .. did they stop production of it?

I guess its called UHU creative in the US.. I found Beacon's Fabri-Tac .. I will have to try it on some foam and see how well it holds and whether it melts foam.. I also found some "hold that foam" again, will need to try it on spare foam before the Sback... Thanks for the tip Gary
Last edited by bsfixit; Mar 31, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 06:22 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
for major cracks foam tac is great.

I have glued wings back on the sbach and on 40" planes.

it takes awhile to dry, and quite smelly, but amazing stuff.

http://www.beaconadhesives.com/cgfoam.html
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Mar 31, 2013, 07:34 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
Bsfixit,

I also use UHU POR. It's specifically designed for foam & it never gets brittle. It is available in the US. A Main carries it, but they're OOS at the moment. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...por-Glue-14-oz

Hobby Lobby currently has it in stock. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/uhu_por_g...35151_prd1.htm

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Mar 31, 2013, 09:21 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
thanks for the replies, I do have a hobby lobby in the area.. its a trek... but not too far...
Old Mar 31, 2013, 09:42 PM
#14 royal wulf
bluegrass state
Joined Dec 2009
385 Posts
Might wanna call first before making the trek. The hobby-lobby's near me don't carry it in the store and have to order it.
daft punk is offline Find More Posts by daft punk
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:19 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,969 Posts
bsfixit,
Do call before driving that distance. I always order mine Hobby Lobby. I apologize for not giving you a link in my post.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Apr 01, 2013, 11:15 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Thank you , I am not fixing cracks, I am assembling one from replacement parts. The Fabri Tac from beacon is a little dried out. Which is a good thing, since it smells like toluene is the solvent and I know that stuff eats foam.. But it is working great so far...
Old Apr 01, 2013, 06:24 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,780 Posts
Rebuilt my Sbach over the last couple of days. New fuse, wings and tail feathers from the new blue Sbach. Missed the old Sbach colors first flight out. Got dis-orientated in a dark sky and crashed. No damage which was good as I probably had 8 hrs into the rebuild. I might mod the colors a bit.
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Apr 01, 2013, 06:55 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
I got my rebuild all together... balancing the Lipo after a charge, charging the TX batteries. Then I will wait for a CALM day to fly...

I wish I got rid of those U bends.. I never realized how much flex they have. Can someone link the control rods modification?
Old Apr 02, 2013, 08:05 PM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
I was doing final checks on the Sbach 342 and I noticed the thrust angle. This is a brand new full fuse from HH and a brand new BL motor.. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I just contact HH on this issue? I know the thrust angle was nowhere near that on the plane out of the box... I am not even going to try to fly it with 15-20 degrees of down thrust.. The mount came glued into the new fuse.

I had another problem with their replacement parts, the CF rod along the hinge of the rudder was not long enough to fit into the small tab with a hole at the end of the fuse... that caused me to put several creases in the vertical stab when trying to install it. Luckily, I had my old vert. stab to use in its place..