HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2013, 06:29 AM
FRANCE
Joined Dec 2006
18 Posts
Discussion
ESM V3 retracts controler

Hello,
I have electric V3 retracts on my ESM TIGERCAT. The controler is out of order. It sems there is a lot of problems with ESM controlers. In europe it seems to be very difficult to find spare controler 3 gears.
Do you know if we can replace the controler with an other buider one?
If not, is someone have modify ESM electric retract to be pneumatic one?

Thank's for your help.(and I make one's apologies for my english)

Pierre.
vikingvolant is offline Find More Posts by vikingvolant
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2013, 10:22 AM
Joined Sep 2013
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingvolant View Post
Hello,
I have electric V3 retracts on my ESM TIGERCAT. The controler is out of order. It sems there is a lot of problems with ESM controlers. In europe it seems to be very difficult to find spare controler 3 gears.
Do you know if we can replace the controler with an other buider one?
If not, is someone have modify ESM electric retract to be pneumatic one?

Thank's for your help.(and I make one's apologies for my english)

Pierre.
Hi Pierre,
I have just had the same problem. You can try and order one from Big Planes in The Netherlands but there are two problems. One is the price - at 39 Euros c'est affreux! After all, it's only an ESC which the helicopter guys can buy for about £9.00! Secondly communicating with Big Planes isn't easy. To solve the problem I went to Troy Built Models in the US. C'est ennuyant par ce qu'il faut depenser $100 a moins comme nouveau client, but that's only the first time. The controller boards are $19.95 so I bought 3 and I bought some other things I needed. Il faut payer le douane aussi mais c'est pas mal! I hope this helps, my French friend! blindasabat
blindasabat is offline Find More Posts by blindasabat
Last edited by blindasabat; Nov 07, 2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2013, 11:14 AM
FRANCE
Joined Dec 2006
18 Posts
Thanks blindasabat,
I have no problem to join BIGPLANES but they have no 3 wheels controller board. I contacted TBM but they answered me that they do not sent anything to France.
I finally chose to order BIGPLANES a 2 wheels controler because I hope it's the same electronic with only 2 cables.
If it's keep up to have problems with electric retracts, i will change for pneumatics.

Pierre.
(ps: si tu parles Français tu peux me contacter en MP)
vikingvolant is offline Find More Posts by vikingvolant
Old Sep 26, 2014, 04:09 AM
Joined Oct 2011
5 Posts
I have adjusted my esm retracts ....so now they have more resilience.......
juweeltje is offline Find More Posts by juweeltje