SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2015, 06:16 PM
United States, CA, Rohnert Park
Joined May 2014
126 Posts
Thanks Cocg, Head slap well deserved and accepted!!

Yep, after building up a GT-40 from bare chassis and fiberglass panels, I should not be whining about this - - Just had not heard anyone describe battery placement and wondered if I was missing something.

Let the hacking begin!!!

cheers

Dave
gt40Dave is offline Find More Posts by gt40Dave
Last edited by gt40Dave; Mar 30, 2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: added photo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2015, 08:48 PM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,833 Posts
Dave.!! Whoa ..!! Nice.. Ahemm ... Toy.!! (better than nice .. for Sure.!) I am happy you did not mis construe my message..! Keep us posted..!
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
Old Yesterday, 12:56 AM
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
2,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt40Dave View Post
Thanks Cocg, Head slap well deserved and accepted!!

Yep, after building up a GT-40 from bare chassis and fiberglass panels, I should not be whining about this - - Just had not heard anyone describe battery placement and wondered if I was missing something.

Let the hacking begin!!!

cheers

Dave
Very very nice ..my dream Car that's a reality for u..

Is it a true gt40 ...
What engine is fitted (Westlake)..
I'm sure the Westlake in the original racer had gold platted parts as gold is one of the best heat dispersers...

I would b greatly interested in following your build...keep us posted with it here
Jeff
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM
Joined May 2014
126 Posts
Hey Jeff & Cocg,

No, it's not an original (if it was, I would probably be able to afford a 1:1 size P51 too!). It's a replica chassis. Fiberglass panels were splashed from original. Both I purchased. Engine is a 1966 289. Spec'd to be close to the Le Mans set-ups so around 460 hp / redline ~7800. (Original "X" block 289's & original Gurney Westlake heads & Italian Webbers would set you back Mega $$$ if you could find someone crazy enough to part with the X block).

Car was completed and sold late last year (I retired in 2013 and thought I should pay off the house so the wife can retire too. (some day - need $$ for rc planes!!!).

was definitely a dream come true! you think we cram things into small places on our planes, I'll try to dig up a photo of the engine compartment - - now that's crammed FULL.

For everything / anything you ever wanted to know about the GT40's world (replica's, continuations, and originals) have a look at GT40s.com
thanks,
Dave
Last edited by gt40Dave; Yesterday at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
2,070 Posts
What a shame Dave to have parted with it but all for a very good cause ..I need to wait for a few years till my kids r grown then I will take on a car project ...a good friend who owns a body shop has an original ford rs200 with pretty bad panel damage ..with full original x group b rally power train...a tad over 700horses with the antilag its been sitting for a fair few years and I tried exchanging my 1994 Celica GTfour st205 wrc homoligation special she was 460brake with water inj ..anti lag intercooler spray system ...I sold it to an amateur rally firm in finland

I will get the rs200 someday
Jeff
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
Fly and let Fly!
United States, CO, Grand Junction
Joined May 2010
2,833 Posts
Funny.

Gave up my "toy" for RC planes in a way too somehow.. Name: IMGP0090.jpg
Views: 7
Size: 541.2 KB
Description: 1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 Magnum..
Cocg is online now Find More Posts by Cocg
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
2,070 Posts
Oooh nice ...I can hear that big v8 thumpin just by lookin at the pic

Sorry for the hyjack guys anyone own a ford mustang to throw in the mix ...would b slightly closer to topic
Jeff
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM
Joined May 2014
126 Posts
My son and I fully restored his 66 mustang when he was in the navy