HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2014, 09:53 PM
Joined Apr 2013
28 Posts
Discussion
Flying Latest High AR Foils?

If this has been discussed then please point to the thread.

I was wondering what if any changes in speed and thermaling turns/style that the faster, less draggy AR foils might require. Is it better and more important to fly the turns faster and less floaty? Lately I've been flying (Stobel V3) in a little more wind but without ballast (8-12 mph). Sometimes I'm moving pretty fast when I feel I've hit some good air and it seems if I reduce camber and fly faster and a bit more aggressively...almost dynamic style going over the shoulder of the upwind turn and them letting the plane "run" (continuing the turn with snap flap), it seems as if I retain energy and climb nicely as long as I don't overfly the lift.

The NXT and Snipe are both on my wish list.

Thanks for any insight/comments.

Kevin (Cape Cod)
CapeThermalizer is offline Find More Posts by CapeThermalizer
to remove ads between posts