HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:38 AM
Captain Brett
United States, WI, Waukesha
Joined Aug 2012
79 Posts
Question
Next Heli after the MCPX - 130x vs 300x vs 450x

So as you have read in the title I am looking into getting my next heli. I can hover in pretty much all orientations with the MCPX. Now I have heard a lot of mixed thoughts on weather I should get a 130x, a 300x, or maybe a 450.
Brettdiedrich is offline Find More Posts by Brettdiedrich
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2013, 09:11 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,689 Posts
You should be able to handle of those. I just depends on how much space you have to fly in.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jun 23, 2013, 01:05 PM
i can hover nose-in now!
United States
Joined Apr 2013
1,072 Posts
yes, what balr said....i like 450!!! i have one!! such a cool machine, in fact, i just fixed it after the crash. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT !!! i set it so calm and numb in the flybarless unit it's so cool to fly!!! in fact, i'm moons behind you on hovers, i only do butt hovers. oh, one thing though...450's can be mean. it crippled my hand for a few days one day. well, if you think that way, micro heli can hurt you if it hits in the right spot.
Flying Pitcher is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Old Jun 23, 2013, 05:33 PM
Captain Brett
Joined Aug 2012
79 Posts
The 130x seems to be a good choice since it will take a little bit more of a beating than the 300 and 450.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 07:08 PM
enter a new realm.....
Joined Dec 2012
320 Posts
which one

I have a mcpx (luv it) and a 300 x
the 130x has tail vibration problems and other probs as well,,all fixable with a little research and extra $,just frustrating to get it to fly right..
the 300x with the beast x is wonderful*****read ALL the info and settup procedures and start with mild settings (all programmable thru the beastx and not the Tx---if you choose)

it to has vibration and chassis flex probs....
the main gear is junk (casting is not tru.)---either lossen up the gear mesh or buy a lynx slant gear settup and cf frame stiffener...
or asteroid designs also offers a frame stiffener for $10 that works good also

the 450x is awsome right out of the box (flew one many times)
if you have the $$$ and space-- 450X YES
with either the 300x or the 450x, put it on the bench without the main blades and spool up looking for vibes(the beastx will act funny if it vibes to much))
read up and do your research....and gl ,,,you will be happy with these choices..

ps-- dl the beast x manuall from HH and read,, seems complex at first but in practice, its not
simz is offline Find More Posts by simz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 450 PRO FP build
Old Jun 24, 2013, 01:27 PM
Captain Brett
Joined Aug 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simz View Post
I have a mcpx (luv it) and a 300 x
the 130x has tail vibration problems and other probs as well,,all fixable with a little research and extra $,just frustrating to get it to fly right..
the 300x with the beast x is wonderful*****read ALL the info and setup procedures and start with mild settings (all programmable thru the beastx and not the Tx---if you choose)

it to has vibration and chassis flex probs....
the main gear is junk (casting is not true.)---either loosen up the gear mesh or buy a lynx slant gear setup and cf frame stiffener...
or asteroid designs also offers a frame stiffener for $10 that works good also

the 450x is awesome right out of the box (flew one many times)
if you have the $$$ and space-- 450X YES
with either the 300x or the 450x, put it on the bench without the main blades and spool up looking for vibes(the beastx will act funny if it vibes to much))
read up and do your research....and gl ,,,you will be happy with these choices..

ps-- dl the beast x manually from HH and read,, seems complex at first but in practice, its not
So they all have their own pro's and cons. And I do realize that the bigger the helicopter gets the more stable it usually is, but the cost cost a lot more $$$.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:51 PM
My mCPX BL is my sim!
United States, TN, Thompson's Station
Joined Jun 2007
201 Posts
What are you wanting to do with the heli? Are you wanting something more stable and easier to see when flying? I've flown the 300x and it's really nice out of the box. The power is great, and the Beast x performs very well. It'll cost more to repair and takes a bigger space. Likewise the 450x would be a great machine.

I have a 130x and mCPx and for the space where I fly and the low cost, these two are the best choice for me. The 130X still flies well in the same space as the mCPx (i.e. my backyard), but will do a lot more than the mCPx. It's also a nice step up in stability and size, but obviously not as much as either of the other birds you're considering. Price for parts is still really nice, which was a concern for me. You will have to tinker with it more to keep it happy, but that's honestly most helis.

If you have the space where you'd fly the most I'd seriously look at the 300x. If not, then I'd go with the 130x. If you can't fly it in a convenient space you won't fly as much, and that's no fun!
30v2 is offline Find More Posts by 30v2
Old Jun 25, 2013, 08:37 PM
United States, KY, Hardin
Joined Jun 2011
565 Posts
if your doing well with the mcpx the 450 is the next reasonable step
satgod is online now Find More Posts by satgod
Old Jul 04, 2013, 12:44 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,126 Posts
Just not the blade 450, imho Aligns are much better.
Gadflyii is offline Find More Posts by Gadflyii