92 Posts
guys do u prefer this over fms 1400 ?
Anders_R is online now Find More Posts by Anders_R
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2014, 10:57 AM
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined May 2010
367 Posts
well its pretty much the same plane-seems to be the same mold, though the 1400 has the 3 part flaps from the get go-this one you need to cut them out yourself-easy enough. I havent flown the 1400 myself but if its like this one then i am sure its a winner. All depends on you do you have the space and the transport for the bigger bird?
I flew a few batteries through the corsair this morning-i have kept on the drop tanks since i maidened it and decided what the heck try without. Amazed at just how much drag they must have-felt like a rocket ship. Also pretty happy-i swapped out the tail wheel for one off an ill enjoyed se5a-makes for a nice quiet taxi and landing-not the loud toy-ish sound i used to have. Definitely one of my favourite birds.
LimitingFactor is online now Find More Posts by LimitingFactor
Old Apr 12, 2014, 09:09 PM
Virginia
Joined Jun 2007
49 Posts
Limiting Factor;
Can you elaborate on the tail wheel swap? I also find it very annoying.
Frank
fazool is online now Find More Posts by fazool
Old Apr 12, 2014, 09:17 PM
Joined May 2010
367 Posts
Hey frank,
sure i can, took the tail wheel off the parkzone se5a and just took some fine grit sanding paper to each side to thin it down a little, takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes and threw it on-little threadlock to keep the nut on and that was it-nothing else at all, didnt have to a single other thing to make the wheel fit. And luckily its almost the exact same size as the stock one.
Honestly with the tail wheel and i think i have the 2.25 lectra lites on the mains, she lands so smooth it makes me look like a much better pilot than i really am.
Hope this helps, all the best mate.
Liam
Old Apr 13, 2014, 03:46 PM
It's only money & foam...
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Jun 2012
599 Posts
Winds are REDICULOUS today. Tried to get the maiden in early this morning but wasn't gonna risk it. So I sit and wait for another day. Love all the details on this bird. So here's some pics.
P40flyer is offline Find More Posts by P40flyer
Old Apr 13, 2014, 05:43 PM
Virginia
Joined Jun 2007
49 Posts
Liam;
Thanks for the info, will try to get the tailwheel this week.
Frank
fazool is online now Find More Posts by fazool
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:15 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
2,835 Posts
aaah, that's a bummer, better safe than sorry...hopefully you will get a shot this week, what do you think?

nice pics, Durafly makes a good lookin' Corsair

-Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by P40flyer View Post
Winds are REDICULOUS today. Tried to get the maiden in early this morning but wasn't gonna risk it. So I sit and wait for another day. Love all the details on this bird. So here's some pics.
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:39 PM
Joined Jun 2012
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
aaah, that's a bummer, better safe than sorry...hopefully you will get a shot this week, what do you think?

nice pics, Durafly makes a good lookin' Corsair

-Mark
I gotta say guys..... I'm completely sold on Durafly. My OLD CROW was my first Durafly purchase and I'll tell you.... What a fantastic flying warbird. Not to mention the quality and details. And the Corsair is just as nice. I'm really looking forward to getting her up in the air.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:40 PM
Joined May 2010
367 Posts
Glad you are digging the plane p40, i was the other way around, started off on the corsair, it sold me on the durafly planes and i have the old crow arriving this week. My mate has the a1 skyraider, stuka and trojan, and they are all a treat, though i think the skyraider is by far the best of the three he has.
Looking forward to hearing the flight report on the corsair.
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P40flyer View Post
I gotta say guys..... I'm completely sold on Durafly. My OLD CROW was my first Durafly purchase and I'll tell you.... What a fantastic flying warbird. Not to mention the quality and details. And the Corsair is just as nice. I'm really looking forward to getting her up in the air.
Isn't it funny when you tell people in the "PZ rules" crowd about Durafly and they trash them yet have never owned one? One of my flying buddies had only PZ and after he saw my F4U he was a convert. He now has the "Frankie" and the Spitfire, If he did not already have a PZ F4U he'd have that one too. These planes are so far in front of PZ its not even comparable.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
2,835 Posts
I agree Alan, it is a bit funny...senselessly funny

posts debating PZ vs DF are out here, some where the person hadn't even seen one (firsthand) let alone flown one, and the opinions were less than positive in their opinion of Durafly... and I suppose it may even in a small way, of influence others, one way or another, and people could miss out on a good thing. Kinda like me... a couple years ago I had decided to sample the Durafly Koolaid simply out of curiosity and confusion because it seemed everything I had read about, focusing on the positive, sounded promising, and videos I found showed a great looking product that seemed to fly pretty good. So I picked up the Corsair first and when I got over how great a model it was in person, just visually it was very nice looking and I admit I'm in no way a scale buff so to others it may have fallen short, I don't know. But after the first lipo I was like "this plane looks awesome and holy crap, it flys awesome too! and it so verrry affordable and parts were avail... what the heck is all the neg hype about?"

shortly thereafter, I wind up ordering the Durafly T-28...to date I fly them both regularly and love em

-Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
Isn't it funny when you tell people in the "PZ rules" crowd about Durafly and they trash them yet have never owned one? One of my flying buddies had only PZ and after he saw my F4U he was a convert. He now has the "Frankie" and the Spitfire, If he did not already have a PZ F4U he'd have that one too. These planes are so far in front of PZ its not even comparable.

Alan
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Yesterday, 09:23 PM
Joined Jun 2012
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post

Alan
I couldn't agree with you more. I laugh too at all the nay sayers about the Durafly warbirds. I'm not gonna bash the PZ folk because I own a few myself BUT the ones that don't own a Durafly and downplay the brand are CLUELESS. Since I own both brands and can make an honest comparison, the Durafly is, BY FAR, a better plane. And Hobby King support and spare parts are always available. That's never any issue. I'm slowly adding all the Durafly warbirds to my collection. You don't have to pay a high price for a great flying plane. The Durafly has better detail and I don't have to ADD retracts to any of them. . I've never had a problem to date with the Durafly retracts. They work great! I'm definitely one happy Durafly pilot.
Last edited by P40flyer; Today at 06:46 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,013 Posts
Yeah I have PZ products too but only the Alby, P-47 and Bf-109. The 47 and Alby I got for fire sale prices. Would have bought the durafly if it was comparable. I did put the durafly 4 blader on it though.

I'm not a scale purist but I do like scale props and spinners. Believe it or not that is my biggest beef w/ PZ besides being overpriced. How they can put out their version of the Mosquito w/ 2 blade props, fixed gear etc etc when you can get the Freewing version that is 10x more scale, bigger and with all the bells and whistles for nearly the same price. I do believe their "PZ fanboy" crowd is shrinking though.
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe