HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2012, 02:59 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,814 Posts
I'm thinking that it's your Tx, because your servo doesn't do that whine or becomes locked up until you turn on your Tx. Something is suggesting to me that perhaps your Tx has a short that sends a signal to push that servo to its max. Wish you have another Tx that you could test with, or ping on another v911 owner near you?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
One of my problems/fears is 1st not knowing how things go together. Over the years I've repaired bunches of stuff around the house, computer, etc. and after I've done it once, it then makes sense and is fairly straight forward but in the process, I usually break or mess something up the 1st time... then it's, Oh, I see how it is supposed to work but by then I've broken something. But the next time, I've got it down.

My problem with these Helis is the size of the parts!! If I were working on a Heli that was 3 feet long, I'd actually feel more comfortable but these pieces (buckles, screws, etc.) are almost microscopic.
How do you guys routinely deal with these small pieces, getting them lined up, inserted, adjusted??? I worked on getting one buckle type linkage back on last night for 10 minutes when I finally noticed it had an oval shaped opening so had to be aligned straight up in order to fit.
I wouldn't worry about it. You can pull these sub micro FP birds apart and put them back together with your eyes shut.

Besides, somebody will eventually put together an exploded diagram sooner or later, whether it be an enthusiast or WLT themselves.

For anyone in the UK looking for cheap replacement bearings, i've always used http://www.rcbearings.co.uk

He sells ceramic, open, standard and all manner of bearings. All competitively priced and good abec too.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:46 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
tx or servo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I'm thinking that it's your Tx, because your servo doesn't do that whine or becomes locked up until you turn on your Tx. Something is suggesting to me that perhaps your Tx has a short that sends a signal to push that servo to its max. Wish you have another Tx that you could test with, or ping on another v911 owner near you?
I'm now thinking it's the tx too...but I don't know. I did take apart the tx yesterday and didn't notice any shorted wires or burnt components. Is there a way to re-initialize or reset this tx? I've tried several ways by holding down a couple of buttons while turning on...but nothing has worked. I think i'll take it to a local hobbyshop and see if their tx makes it work.
computerbreak is offline Find More Posts by computerbreak
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:53 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,493 Posts
They will need the same TX or one from the Trex 100. The Turnigy 9x and Flysky FS-TH9x will also work. It'll probably be easiest to track a hobby shop with a Trex 100 transmitter. Though I don't know how much help they will be in trying to troubleshoot a knockoff of the Trex 100/Solo Pro.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
They will need the same TX or one from the Trex 100. The Turnigy 9x and Flysky FS-TH9x will also work. It'll probably be easiest to track a hobby shop with a Trex 100 transmitter. Though I don't know how much help they will be in trying to troubleshoot a knockoff of the Trex 100/Solo Pro.
Thanks for that info..i'll see what they have before I go.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:11 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Different Swash Plate for V911

I know there has been several mentions of using the Swash from other Helis (Trex 100, Solo Pro, etc.) but has anyone actually successfully installed a swash from another Heli? Something other then the factory stock swash??
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:20 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink124 View Post
Enough of my "bio"... I've actually got a question. I'm tempted to purchase a Turnigy 9x or similar transmitter for the V911 but they appear to be out of stock. Can anyone direct me to where I might find one for a fair cost?
https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001220239

I brought that -- I happened to see the stock level go the to positive side briefly and ordered. It shipped a day or two later and I think just cleared customs this side today. I like that their model uses the FlySky module with built-in antenna so swapping modules doesn't require cutting the antenna lead (as with Turnigy version). There are other pros and cons discussed on this site but the short of it is no matter who you order from you're likely going to need to order now and wait for it to get restocked and shipped. That way you're in line with everyone else who ordered while they were out of stock. I think I might have just gotten lucky.
Cymen is offline Find More Posts by Cymen
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:31 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymen View Post
https://www.leaderhobby.com/product....=9394001220239

I brought that -- I happened to see the stock level go the to positive side briefly and ordered. It shipped a day or two later and I think just cleared customs this side today. I like that their model uses the FlySky module with built-in antenna so swapping modules doesn't require cutting the antenna lead (as with Turnigy version). There are other pros and cons discussed on this site but the short of it is no matter who you order from you're likely going to need to order now and wait for it to get restocked and shipped. That way you're in line with everyone else who ordered while they were out of stock. I think I might have just gotten lucky.
Is there a thread/forum where they specifically discuss this type of TX, with lots of Q&A?? Or Transmitters discussion in general?
I know very little about RC Helis and believe it or not, I know even less about TXs
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:38 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,493 Posts
There's a new forum just for the 9x and it's variants. http://9xforums.com/forum/index.php
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 08, 2012, 05:02 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbreak View Post
No, if I take the arm off, and initiate the heli, the servo is still not controllable...has the whine until I turn off tx. Even when I gently turn servo, same result. This is driving me nuts...do you guys think it's the servo or the transmitter? The servo does turn about 1/4 of the way when initiating the heli...then whines like crazy like in the recording I made.
Sounds like a TX problem as others have said. I'd suggest opening up the TX and looking for any short circuits in the wires and circuit board traces (ie, excess sloppy soldering globs).

If you can't find anything obvious like that, is there any way to swap the control wires inside the TX for the LH and RH servos to see if the probem goes over to the other servo that works correctly?
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 08, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Sounds like a TX problem as others have said. I'd suggest opening up the TX and looking for any short circuits in the wires and circuit board traces (ie, excess sloppy soldering globs).

If you can't find anything obvious like that, is there any way to swap the control wires inside the TX for the LH and RH servos to see if the probem goes over to the other servo that works correctly?
Excellent point..I think I'll try that...if anyone knows what they look like let me know..i'm going to try it anyway though.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 05:32 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
I've attached a couple of photos of a problem I've forgotten to mention in my earlier post because the other items seem more critical at the time but now that I'm better able to get my V911 flying I'm trying to tackle the remaining issues.
You can see in the photos that the tail motor has a tendency to slide out of its mount. I assume it needs to be pushed in as far as it can go but during each flight it will start moving out of its holding socket.
Not sure if this is contributing to my shudder problem or my TBE problem. These problems seem to come and go and they are really bad at times and at other times, not noticeable very much.

I don't know if it is a good idea to put a drop of glue on it, so I'll wait for some potentially better suggestions from the experts here.
Hey cpuken, man this thread is moving fast.. I got my SoloPro and V911 a few days b4 Xmas, and it's been a steep 4ch learning curve!

I tried a drop of CA glue on both the Tail motors/mounts myself (I had 2 V911's) they both re-seperated after a few more spirited crashes... ( I get bored, and fly FF in my small room) I had to take a Hacksaw blade to rough the tail motor housing a little, so that the CA glue could hold properly. Not loosened since.

some TBE can be caused by un-level main-Gear, and exessive binding with motor-pinion. My 1st V911 had Horrible TBE.. until I massaged the B-grade parts, and mild bending of the frame.

Hope my Flybar comes-in 2mrrw!

In the mean-time I've noticed that the SoloPro and V911 are LOUD (with Canopy on) Hold Heli by tail-boom, and Rev the motor... then hold by the Canopy, squeezing lightly... the sound-reduction is astonishing! The canopies reverberate/amplify the motor sounds greatly.

My mod for that is using some Silverstone sound dampening foam for PC's, one side is sticky... The amount I used will hopefully not impact Flight too much, and it's Muuuuuch Quieter!!! ( still have to get a Digital scale)
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 08, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
servo out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Well, looking at the rx, it doesn't seem easily possible to reverse the servos from the rx anyway...I'd have to yank the stick bases out and rewire..a bit messy. The non working servo is on the right when facing from the back to front of heli...and it's the up/down on the stick (right side of tx) that's not working...side to side is the other servo and it works fine..and the acceleration stick on left works fine too.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:35 PM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
Aaron Thank You for your support. The V911 kit is a good option for those who own a Turnigy 9x TX and like to mod.

Will you be also adding the V911 RX to the parts list. I like to order at least two RX boards:

http://www.banggood.com/search/v911/...0-0_page1.html
Is that the PCB box? I have listed the PCB just now.
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:41 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
My mod for that is using some Silverstone sound dampening foam for PC's, one side is sticky... The amount I used will hopefully not impact Flight too much, and it's Muuuuuch Quieter!!! ( still have to get a Digital scale)
Yeah, they need to offer sound dampened canopies as upgrade options. Flying without a canopy with these sub-micros is amazingly quiet, almost unbelievable at first.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher