HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:58 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Take a video maiden if you can ...
Wish I could, no decent video camera at my disposal on another note I just ordered a t45 airframe and a few 10a esc's to set up the a10 3s if I desire and to build the t45 3s from the get go. I need to buy one of those keychain cams and redneck it onto my hat I suppose...

Mendo
Mendo is offline Find More Posts by Mendo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:10 PM
Luck is my skill
On Earth
Joined Jun 2009
1,000 Posts
Spend $35 and get the hobbyking hd wingcam its worth the extra $20 for that one since it has a wide angle lens and is 720p
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:18 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Spend $35 and get the hobbyking hd wingcam its worth the extra $20 for that one since it has a wide angle lens and is 720p
Got a link? I would like to see the specs. I was thinking keychain cam for the ability to stick it on some of my micros when I felt like it.

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:29 PM
Luck is my skill
On Earth
Joined Jun 2009
1,000 Posts
No link, I'm on mah phone now, but if u search on wingcam at hobbyking. Tho its a bit heavier than the keychain cams, the keychain cams are around 10-14g with the case off
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:05 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
No link, I'm on mah phone now, but if u search on wingcam at hobbyking. Tho its a bit heavier than the keychain cams, the keychain cams are around 10-14g with the case off
I think Im going to get a keychain cam, just for the fun of tossing it on some of my micros. Buzzing around the yard with the night vapor could be good times depending on the number of girls in my neighbors pool!

I didnt just type that did I? BAD keyboard!

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo View Post
Got the wing straightened out fairly well, gonna give it a go on 2s all stock, its close to 1 to 1 power to weight so it should have a chance....Then its gonna get the 3s treatment to be sure.

Mendo
If you've never flown an A-10 before, they have a tendency to fall like a brick when you cut power. You'll need to keep the power on all the way until right before touchdown. If not, you'll run out of elevator and it will nose in.

I'm finishing up some things, but with two wing servos and a seperate elevator servo I'll be running flaps. There was some talk about the wing being a hair small so wing loading was a little high. Flaps will help with the low speed lift and not having to land quite so hot. It should also make for a zero drama launch as well. I'm still waiting for a 6 channel receiver, so it's no joy until that arrives and I can dial it in. I will test it back to back with the ELE A-10 which only uses one aileron servo so flaps were not an option on that one. And yep, that one drops like a stone too. So did my GWS A-10. This should also be a neat comparison to my Jpower twin 50mm A-10.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Feb 2009
146 Posts
I was having some trouble getting my little T45 launched yesterday. I'm running it on 3S now. If I give it too much throttle it ends up torque rolling on me, with a little less I have trouble getting it on step. I haven't found the right amouint of throttle or the right way to toss it yet. I've been doing an overhand throw pointed a little bit upward. I'm thinking of trying underhand. Does anyone have any tips for me on what's been working for you? I don't want to have to get out the hot water to straighten out the nose yet again!
Tom77 is offline Find More Posts by Tom77
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:10 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,905 Posts
I'm going to run this fan in a scaled down KingCat...Not very original but this plane is a proven design and will easily slow down to fly in my back yard---Which is filled with many obstacles!!!...

I have run this fan on 3S and 4S...4S is a HOOT with the 5 blade fan!!!...12 amp Turnigy Plush ESC works great and is rated for 4S for a single fan....

PS---I've shortened the booms by about 3/4" from this pic to make the plane look/fly better...But the long moments make the plane less sensitive...Since this will be a "short field" plane the shorter moments will work well....

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:21 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Marina Village, NC
Joined Aug 2007
3,289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom77 View Post
I was having some trouble getting my little T45 launched yesterday. I'm running it on 3S now. If I give it too much throttle it ends up torque rolling on me, with a little less I have trouble getting it on step. I haven't found the right amouint of throttle or the right way to toss it yet. I've been doing an overhand throw pointed a little bit upward. I'm thinking of trying underhand. Does anyone have any tips for me on what's been working for you? I don't want to have to get out the hot water to straighten out the nose yet again!
i've found hand launching my F-86 underhanded works good (for me) maybe 3/4 throttle, also gotta get it up in the air with some good speed going before starting all the high speed turns !!!

someone mentioned launching it like throwing a bowling ball...that's how i've been rolling
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:13 PM
bps
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Apr 2001
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom77 View Post
I have tried overhand, underhand and frisbee toss. Without a good breeze it is pot luck.
bps is offline Find More Posts by bps
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Feb 2009
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bps View Post
I have tried overhand, underhand and frisbee toss. Without a good breeze it is pot luck.
There was no wind here when I was trying it so maybe that was part of the problem. I'll try it again with a little head wind to throw it into.
Tom77 is offline Find More Posts by Tom77
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:42 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Dec 2011
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
If you've never flown an A-10 before, they have a tendency to fall like a brick when you cut power. You'll need to keep the power on all the way until right before touchdown. If not, you'll run out of elevator and it will nose in.

I'm finishing up some things, but with two wing servos and a seperate elevator servo I'll be running flaps. There was some talk about the wing being a hair small so wing loading was a little high. Flaps will help with the low speed lift and not having to land quite so hot. It should also make for a zero drama launch as well. I'm still waiting for a 6 channel receiver, so it's no joy until that arrives and I can dial it in. I will test it back to back with the ELE A-10 which only uses one aileron servo so flaps were not an option on that one. And yep, that one drops like a stone too. So did my GWS A-10. This should also be a neat comparison to my Jpower twin 50mm A-10.
Hmmm,

It will surely have a high wing loading, mine as it sits with a steerable nosewheel setup, lg installed and a hyperion 550 2s is at 162g. Im thinking the extra 3-5 grams adding flaps may be well worth doing. I have a few ar6300's and happen to have some 5320 servos that have the right connectors swapped on already.....Ill fly it stock this weekend hopefully and figgure out what my plan of attack is on it. I do know I need to buy some 3s packs for the 35mm stuff, my micro 3s packs are all 250s or smaller. I rednecked a thrust stand that Im sure is far from accurate, and on 2s I was showing right around 145-150 grams of thrust, is this in the ballpark of what you guys are getting?

Mendo
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:54 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
7,891 Posts
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Sep 01, 2012, 06:31 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bps View Post
I mounted a small finger grip under the wing and flick it away when launching it.
Skyangles 35mm EDF Hawk. Testing the reduced intakes (2 min 28 sec)

NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:40 AM
bps
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Apr 2001
771 Posts
Nice launch. How much wind? Seems like 5mph works just fine for decent launches. With no wind it is tough for mine! More information on the inlet duct reduction please and what battery? I am using 2s 450. The fan is a cut down 40mm AEO.
bps is offline Find More Posts by bps