HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Dec 2011
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatenDirt View Post
Jeff did you get my radio out? Let me know.

Eatendirt
Is it one like mine? Do you use nimh or alkalines?

Mr.Fixit
Mr.Fixit is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Fixit
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:22 PM
number6
Alabama / Arab Al
Joined Apr 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit View Post

Mr.Fixit
FYI stay away from Alkalines. Use the Nimhs. True they are rated at 1.2 but you'll go through so many batteries if you don't. Lipos is another way to go but risky in your radio due to overheating. We've had a few melt down at the tracks last year that were lipo powered.

Number6 is offline Find More Posts by Number6
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:46 PM
Holding on to my SEAT!
Florida
Joined Dec 2010
77 Posts
I tried to polish my front kingpins. I now have a knuckle bind. Anyone have a set they want to get rid of for free?
P.ODell is offline Find More Posts by P.ODell
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:59 PM
EatenDirt
TN
Joined Jun 2009
306 Posts
I've an extra set if your talking about the pins that go through the steering knuckles.

Eatendirt
EatenDirt is offline Find More Posts by EatenDirt
Old Jan 06, 2012, 02:42 PM
Out side of Destin FL.
Joined Sep 2009
339 Posts
If you buy his let me know. I can do some basic mods for you. For instance new LED, skins, programing and more. Jessie making graphite triggers now out of his garage. He gave me one. Its about 7 or 8 mm thick. Much better than stock.

JB"
djskiptonic is offline Find More Posts by djskiptonic
Old Jan 07, 2012, 08:49 AM
Holding on to my SEAT!
Florida
Joined Dec 2010
77 Posts
Quote:
I've an extra set if your talking about the pins that go through the steering knuckles.

Eatendirt
Yes its them. Do you have spares? I'm getting my modified tuned up. Not sure if anyone noticed once the paint wears off the pins they bind. The knuckles don't travel much but if they do I want it to be smooth as possible. If you've a set let me know how much. TERC is closed for another week and I won't be off work then. Wanting to get it done while I have time.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:32 PM
Holding on to my SEAT!
Florida
Joined Dec 2010
77 Posts
Quote:

Eatendirt
I sent you a PM last night. All I need is your email address so I can send you funds.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:21 PM
EatenDirt
TN
Joined Jun 2009
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.ODell View Post
I sent you a PM last night. All I need is your email address so I can send you funds.
I mailed them off for ya.

Eatendirt
EatenDirt is offline Find More Posts by EatenDirt
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:33 PM
Whats in your fridge?
Joined Dec 2010
79 Posts
Yo Paul try using a brass tube inserted in the blocks as I did. The king pin travels up and down inside the tube yet fixed tightly in your steering block. Much better than plastic on metal. Try it. It smooths out what your talking about.

Kid Ice
kidice is offline Find More Posts by kidice
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:21 PM
Always were your sun glasses!
Joined Oct 2010
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit View Post

Mr.Fixit
Use the nimh. If your like most you won't like it. The feel is different since Lipos are lighter than nimhs. Do as you wish but nimh feels the best. I'm offering my 2 cents.

Leadhauler
Leadhauler is offline Find More Posts by Leadhauler
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:35 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
Jonathan and I are different. He uses lipos in his and I don't. As lead said it does feels different in your hand. Mine also tips a bit forward which I tend to like better.

Ceri
CeriJonston is offline Find More Posts by CeriJonston
Old Jan 28, 2012, 01:12 AM
Joined Aug 2009
337 Posts
I would stick with the nimhs bro. Ceri and the others do have a point. The radio does feel odd with lipos. Besides if you have to drive your car that long and need longer transmitter time your bashing not racing.

Trek
Trekker1990 is offline Find More Posts by Trekker1990
Old Jan 31, 2012, 05:47 PM
n2kartracing
AL
Joined Mar 2009
199 Posts
I switched back to nimh it was a pain hauling around two different chargers. Sure I could have purchased a charger that does both nimh and lipo but why if I already have one of the two already.

N2
n2rckarting is offline Find More Posts by n2rckarting
Old Feb 03, 2012, 04:23 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
Theres a few who run lipo. I think JB changed them over. Of course some of us have swtiched back to nimh like J and myself. Its hard to get use to once you've used the radio before you install lipos. The weight is that much different. If your any good at driving you'll feel it.

Ceri
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:35 PM
Panama City Beach FL
Joined Apr 2009
645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidice View Post
Yo Paul try using a brass tube inserted in the blocks as I did. The king pin travels up and down inside the tube yet fixed tightly in your steering block. Much better than plastic on metal. Try it. It smooths out what your talking about.

Kid Ice

J felt like working on the karts over the past couple of days. He added steering block tubes like you Works nice but he picked up play in travel. He wants to know if use metric or amercian size tubes? How about using different sized pins?

Ceri