HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2010, 10:33 PM
Katrina
Nanchang ,China
Joined Mar 2009
34 Posts
Discussion
Techone Apollo F3P

Hi, the New F3P-Apollo released already , ,hope you will enjoy it .

Any valuable comments and suggestion for improving the products will always be welcome. Thanks in advance .

All the kits and parts are precision cut on laser cutting system , and can be assembled well.laser cut kits that build and fly better than any other foam kits available.

Our construction method leaves you with perfectly spaced holes on all control surfaces for a no drilling hinge installation. Building the kit is a complete joy.

Spec and pictures as below :

Fuselage length: 1025mm (40.3 in.)
Wingspan: 950mm (37.4in.)
Flying Weight: 158-178g(with battery)
Motor: T1806 (KV2000); ESC: T10Amp
Propeller: GWS 8040;
Servo: 5g*3pcs
Radio:4/more channel
Receiver:4/more channel
Battery: 7.4V 350-500mAh Li-po 25C
hobbytechone is offline Find More Posts by hobbytechone
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2010, 12:01 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2006
227 Posts
This is a nice looking model. It's virtually the same model as the Deluxe V3 sold by Donuts Models. I have a Deluxe V3 and the Techone team copied most of the V3's shape and dimensions and gave it some nice graphics. Now you need to make this one available in EPP like the Piaget. I had a lot of fun with my Piaget.
EnzoFalconi is offline Find More Posts by EnzoFalconi
Old Jun 02, 2010, 01:26 AM
Katrina
Nanchang ,China
Joined Mar 2009
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoFalconi View Post
This is a nice looking model. It's virtually the same model as the Deluxe V3 sold by Donuts Models. I have a Deluxe V3 and the Techone team copied most of the V3's shape and dimensions and gave it some nice graphics. Now you need to make this one available in EPP like the Piaget. I had a lot of fun with my Piaget.
Happy to know that you had fun with our Piaget EPP . Thanks for your support .

We made new EPP-Spirit , similar to piaget , different artwork and color scheme. Also hope you will enjoy it when you got it .

Any good idea or suggestion about the foamy planes ? We are still a little unsure about the foamy models prospect, though.

We wish every new product is to the taste of the market after they are released . Which will be to your taste ? ? customer's feedback is very ,very important . Thanks .

Spirit-EPP pictures attached .
Old Jun 04, 2010, 09:46 AM
Joined Aug 2003
97 Posts
Do you know if Tower Hobbies will sell this along with the other Techone kits? thx Jim
Jim Woodward is offline Find More Posts by Jim Woodward
Old Jun 04, 2010, 10:09 AM
Katrina
Nanchang ,China
Joined Mar 2009
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Woodward View Post
Do you know if Tower Hobbies will sell this along with the other Techone kits? thx Jim
Hi, Jim

I think they will take some of our newest models soon .
Old Jun 04, 2010, 11:23 AM
Western New York
Joined Dec 2007
1,026 Posts
Hey folks what is your web site and are these going to be made available in the USA
eli5539 is online now Find More Posts by eli5539
Old Jun 04, 2010, 07:41 PM
Katrina
Nanchang ,China
Joined Mar 2009
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli5539 View Post
Hey folks what is your web site and are these going to be made available in the USA
Our website is : www.techonehobby.com

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/techone/index.html
Old Jun 05, 2010, 04:46 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Quote:
Hi Enzo, if you make an EPP apollo I am sure Techone will copy it and put it in Kit form
richard boyd is offline Find More Posts by richard boyd
Old Jun 05, 2010, 06:04 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard boyd View Post
Hi Enzo, if you make an EPP apollo I am sure Techone will copy it and put it in Kit form
Now, that's funny.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jun 05, 2010, 12:33 PM
Joined Nov 2006
227 Posts
Your comment is probably very close to the truth of what would happen. If you look ay the Blue Fox model, it's virtually a Deluxe V3 with an extra wing added. Unfortunately Donatas won't benefit financially from these kits. I guess it's easier for a company to basically copy someone elses successful design than to design their own model.

Michael
Old Jun 07, 2010, 02:13 AM
china
Joined May 2008
56 Posts
Quote:
Your comment is probably very close to the truth of what would happen. If you look ay the Blue Fox model, it's virtually a Deluxe V3 with an extra wing added. Unfortunately Donatas won't benefit financially from these kits. I guess it's easier for a company to basically copy someone elses successful design than to design their own model.

Michael
I think, competition makes it better for hobby.. more choice and better products. we can get more better and cheaper products, is it wrong? are you from Donatas? or china factory damage your benefit?
ann343128320 is offline Find More Posts by ann343128320
Old Jun 07, 2010, 07:50 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann343128320 View Post
I think, competition makes it better for hobby.. more choice and better products. we can get more better and cheaper products, is it wrong? are you from Donatas? or china factory damage your benefit?
Yes it's wrong. While competition benefits the consumer, copying another's product without compensating them for it harms them and the whole system.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jun 07, 2010, 12:00 PM
Joined Nov 2006
227 Posts
I'm not from Donatas and I've never met him, but I have purchased quite a few of the model kits he has designed. Those purchases benefit him with income from the sales of the kits he spent many hours designing and modifying to fly properly. His models fly very precisely because of the time he spends developing them. Companies that just copy those designs haven't spent the time to design their own model and to prove its flying abilty in world class contests. All that has been done in this case is to take the easy way and copy a proven design and then not even give credit to the person that originally designed the model. I have the original models that the Apollo and Blue Fox were copied from. Competition would be great if it resulted in more new original good flying models to purchase. These new TechOne models are very nice, but TechOne didn't design them. They will cost less because your company won't have to deal with the VAT tax that is added to all European products. It's also less expensive to produce a kit in China than it is in Europe or the USA. I look forward to TechOne designing and selling an original design of their own that can compete in contests at a world class level. I would buy that model just as I have with other designs that have won world contests. I don't have the flying ability to enter contests, but I like having a model that is capable of winning when flown properly.

Michael
Last edited by EnzoFalconi; Jun 08, 2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old Jun 09, 2010, 09:21 AM
Toronto,Canada
Joined Jun 2009
8 Posts
Very good,I‘m in China now,I want to see it
zjzd is offline Find More Posts by zjzd
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:20 PM
Clear for Take-Off!!!
Dexter, Michigan USA
Joined Nov 2003
1,153 Posts
Hi Techone,

I just ordered a Piaget package for my son. I like the fact that it is EPP foam. Durable for a pilot getting into 3D. How about a milled version of any of your mono wing F3P? Just an idea.
helipilot is offline Find More Posts by helipilot