Old Today, 02:46 PM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise7 View Post
I talked to both Tony at DA and Steve and Judy at JMP about that very thing at Toledo. My angle was more for mine with the ES pipes as I need something with more bite. I flew that setup yesterday with the 25x8 evo on the 89 slick and the usual suspects complained it was ripping the prop. Sadly I had a radio lockout (telemetry shows it!) and the plane is down for some serious fuse repair. I got it back after I had killed the motor and essentially harrier landed it, but it ripped the landing gear plate straight out, fiberglass and all.

The plane was pretty close to me and all the electronics were plugged in and everything worked after the landing, so it was clearly RF related. Not going to dwell too much on it till I get it back from the repair man and do some ground testing. I have seen RF problems with all the systems, so nothing is perfect.
You really need to speak with jim drew from xps systems
What servo were you using & how many ?
Do you know the min voltage the jeti system operates?
ckleanth is offline Find More Posts by ckleanth
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:51 PM
Find More Posts by Gregertman
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,402 Posts
If you don't have the plane yet and you buy the plane with the power combo. That will be the best bang for your buck. Then add your choice of bec or small 2s lipo. If you do want a esc that you can run the torque motor that has a HV bec. Do not get the ZTW geko it might not work with the motor you have about a 50 % chance and there has been some reliability issues lately with them.
Gregertman is offline Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Today, 03:12 PM
Find More Posts by Trev4
United Kingdom
Joined May 2014
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
Gents for a 60" EF laser
can i have a few 80A esc that can output voltage for the hs-7245mh (HV servo) ?
or shall I to go with the Torque 4016/500 MKII Outrunner with Airboss 80A combo on 6S 3300- 3800mAh LiPo and either a 15A bec from the main pack or a separate 2S lipo to power the servo?
I'm using a Hobbywing Platinum V3 100amp in my 60" Laser. Torque motor, hs-7245 servos running at 7.4 v, 3300 6s 35-70c nano-tech, jfx 16x7 prop. At max throttle its pulling just over 1400 watts, slightly over 80 amps. Pull out from prop hang is adequate.
I'm also using a 50 amp version of the ESC in my 48" Laser.
Hope this helps.
Trev4 is offline Find More Posts by Trev4
Old Today, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
You really need to speak with jim drew from xps systems

What servo were you using & how many ?

Do you know the min voltage the jeti system operates?

Since I have telemetry the bus voltage was the first thing I checked. No lower than 7.8V. It is fed by 2 2s 2600 lipo through a booma switch. The Q% was down to 20, so it was the quality of the link that failed. A1 and A2 were at 6 and 7. ZB said 3 is where you should set a alarm.

The default low voltage alarm is 4.5 volts.

The whole radio setup is new equipment and this was the third flight.

It runs 6 servos, 5x Savox 2231 brushless, and a XQ throttle servo.
Enterprise7 is online now Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Today, 03:37 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
1,899 Posts
I have had good experiences with Hobbywing stuff. The Castle Talon 90 is very popular for the 60" stuff with a 8V BEC. I needed a new ESC and I ended up getting a Mezon 90 lite for mine, but that is complete utter overkill, but it made things simple for my telemetry addiction Jeti has given me.
Old Today, 04:26 PM
Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
5,498 Posts
Keep me updated on the jeti Enterprise, really bummed to hear about this.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
Old Today, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by Buck Tracker
Watts Up
Canada, AB
Joined Apr 2013
1,057 Posts
My Jeti lost link on the ground when my da ignition was failing this weekend. I was able to replicate the loss several times. This was with a cb 200 and 2 satelite receivers, must have been a ton of rf coming from the ignition as it was failing on one side badly. I am not worried about the jeti at all, I was standing right above the plane as well. My range checks and farting around with the jeti though multiple walls etc have been impressive to say the lest.
Buck Tracker is online now Find More Posts by Buck Tracker
Old Today, 06:56 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
1,899 Posts
Power Systems for Extreme Flight Fanatics!

This was the first day out with the motor since I got it back from DA and the ignition is very possible. The engine had been in a crash and hence why it went back. I went through all of SEFF with this radio and there are a lot of possible causes, but everything shows that the 2.4 got blocked somehow and it fits the scenario. When it is fixed I will do some range check scenarios and put a second RX in the tail.

I also have a spare DA ignition from my 120 in the closet.

The only point to telling this story in this thread was to say the data from my 70 will not be coming any time soon. It was plenty fast on the 25x8 evo. I was going to try the 25x8W next.
Old Today, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by daedalusrobert
United States, GA, Valdosta
Joined Jan 2009
675 Posts
Anyone have a source for Xoar 17x7 PJN's?
daedalusrobert is offline Find More Posts by daedalusrobert
Old Today, 08:08 PM
Joined Oct 2011
5,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise7 View Post
This was the first day out with the motor since I got it back from DA and the ignition is very possible. The engine had been in a crash and hence why it went back. I went through all of SEFF with this radio and there are a lot of possible causes, but everything shows that the 2.4 got blocked somehow and it fits the scenario. When it is fixed I will do some range check scenarios and put a second RX in the tail.

I also have a spare DA ignition from my 120 in the closet.

The only point to telling this story in this thread was to say the data from my 70 will not be coming any time soon. It was plenty fast on the 25x8 evo. I was going to try the 25x8W next.

Darn, your 70 is piped to right? Duel or 2 into 1?
Old Today, 08:25 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalusrobert View Post
Anyone have a source for Xoar 17x7 PJN's?

You can get it in painted white.

http://www.espritmodel.com/xoar-prop...hite-pjmw.aspx
Old Today, 08:47 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Darn, your 70 is piped to right? Duel or 2 into 1?

Dual header and pipes. 2 in 1 and a pipe is something I am not willing experiment with. I talked to Tim and VVRC about what he has done with the 40 and a Proflow smooth pipe. Someone has done it with the 2:1 made in Europe and the 70.

The case in point for me is that I took 4 planes out over 2 days, 3 gas, 1 electric. 2 of the gassers were lots of wrenching and frustration, 1 worked with no drama, and the electric flew a bunch including that video I did. This is why I have converted so much back to electric. I understand it, and I get a lot more flying and less down time. My generation grew up building their own PCs and tricking them out. My dad was a ET in the military so I learned electronics and not engines.

If the 89 is not coming back I am really not sure what to replace it with. I have downsized gas stuff so much and I love my 104 and don't get to fly it that much. Since I have the extra 120 and servos the cost difference for me to do a 120cc or another 60cc is literally the delta between the ARFs and headers.

I am hoping the EF/3DHS skunk works comes to a close next week and they can show what they are up to. That PAU/Terry Customs Viper has my attention.

The 91 electric "diet" plan is in progress and that should be my goto airplane if it all works out. I averaged over 6.5 minutes of time in the air being conservative on the packs with the heavier setup.
Old Today, 09:06 PM
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
7,951 Posts
6500W on a 21 pound EF 91 Extra 300 EXP with a 25 or 26 inch prop for 6.5 minutes just sounds sweet. I'd be really surprised if that doesn't make you forget the gas Slick for at least a little while.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Old Today, 09:19 PM
Joined Oct 2011
5,498 Posts
I have a buddy that is going to do a 2:1 with pro flows we'll See how he does.
Old Today, 09:26 PM
Joined Oct 2011
5,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
6500W on a 21 pound EF 91 Extra 300 EXP with a 25 or 26 inch prop for 6.5 minutes just sounds sweet. I'd be really surprised if that doesn't make you forget the gas Slick for at least a little while.
As you know I installed the 25.4oz propel bottle and at 21.25lbs the extra could really wind up. That and my timing is getting better too. I do notice it loose a bit at about the 5-6min mark, but low and slow improves a bunch for me. Much more stable... Assume I am close to 20.5~20.6lbs at this point. The propel bottle looks like it will give me a good 13-13.5mins without throttle management. More after I get a flow sensor on the jeti, but this recent development has me second guessing that decision.