Old Dec 23, 2014, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by Helikevin
United States, NH, Dover
Joined May 2010
141 Posts
Discussion
Freewing Seagull

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-sea...#specification
So I just bribed Santa and found out Ive been good enough to get a Freewing Seagull. Im really excited about getting it. This will be my second plane. Ive done alot of searching and cant find a thread on it. There are vids and people mention it but no dedicated thread to it. I am hoping there are a few people on this forum that have it and I would like to hear your experiences and thoughts on it.
I like the fact that its both edf and prop as well as v tail and conventional. Im hoping this will be a good edf trainer since my last edf experience ended in a pile of foam. So lets hear what everyone has to say about this.
Helikevin is offline Find More Posts by Helikevin
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2014, 05:46 PM
United States, NH, Dover
Joined May 2010
141 Posts
Really nobody has one of these?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:32 AM
United States, NH, Dover
Joined May 2010
141 Posts
So it showed up last night and I did all I could not to put it together til today. The packaging was awsome. Every layer had foam strips seperating them. The instruction are pretty straight forward and nothing was missing or damaged. The edf comes pre-installed. Assembly was a breese with sjug fitting wings and compartments. There is a cf rod that the wings slide onto. I forgot to put it in the first time. Plenty of room in the cockpit for your the esc, rx, battery, and whatever else you want to add. The camera mount sits below the battery and is easy to get to. Ive taken a few pics that I will add. Im going to maiden it in a little bit. Unfortunatly I dont have a vid camera to film it but I will post back with those results
Old Jan 06, 2015, 08:29 PM
Find More Posts by 6stringslider
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2012
76 Posts
I have one. I had the battery to far forward and nosedived it on first flight attempt. I bought a new fuselage and just need to put it together. I read someone put a 4s edf in it and it was pretty fast and would do vertical climbs.
6stringslider is offline Find More Posts by 6stringslider
Old Jan 09, 2015, 01:14 AM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2012
76 Posts
Just pulled it back out and started moving over to the new fuselage. Probably try and fly it this weekend. How did your flight go?
Old Feb 09, 2015, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by Helicoy
Nice
Joined Nov 2008
379 Posts
I have one since few days and i use it with Prop outrunner but i don't climb very good .

I think the guenine power system need to be upgrade ,Outrunner is 1400kv ( 28mm wide engine ) with Blade 7X6

I'm searching a good outrunner on HobbyKing to replace it .
Helicoy is online now Find More Posts by Helicoy
Old Feb 11, 2015, 01:23 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2012
76 Posts
I read someone put a 4s EDF setup in it and it performed well. I had a crash and broke the fuselage. Motion RC won't have the spares in for a month or so. (let me know if you want to sell yours...)
Old Feb 11, 2015, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by Sovrin
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
505 Posts
Great plane, i have the stinger64 4s EDF installed, have 40 flights on it and still going strong. im using Glacier 2600mah 4s lipos , heck i get 7 minutes of spirited fly time, some time i take it to high altitude then glide it down, nice slow fun.
Sovrin is online now Find More Posts by Sovrin
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:34 PM
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2012
76 Posts
That's funny. I just got a stinger 64 4s yesterday. I am planning to switch the 64mm setup back and forth. Now I just need motionrc to get the replacement fuselage in stock...