SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 20, 2013, 09:10 AM
Find More Posts by Pelicanbrigade
Suspended Account
Joined May 2013
225 Posts
Discussion
Official Blade 130X four bladed Red Bull heli thread

Y'all seen this one? Looks pretty cool but it also looks like it could be an extra super maintenance nightmare if it's anything like the original 130X.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-x-bnf-BLH3880

Let's please keep all posts about this heli concentrated in this thread for easy reference like the other Blade helis. Thanks.
Pelicanbrigade is offline Find More Posts by Pelicanbrigade
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by tyhatts
Joined Oct 2012
57 Posts
hmmmm intriguing....
tyhatts is offline Find More Posts by tyhatts
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:19 AM
Find More Posts by team222badbrad
Registered RC Addict
USA, PA, Tunkhannock
Joined Nov 2006
340 Posts
I must have this!
team222badbrad is offline Find More Posts by team222badbrad
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2013, 11:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2013
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by team222badbrad View Post
I must have this!
Good luck!

Red Bull BO-105 CB 130 X - Unofficial Video (2 min 11 sec)
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by topgearuk
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,278 Posts
Very Nice!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Jun 20, 2013, 03:00 PM
Find More Posts by KYChopper
Newbie but coming on fast
United States, KY, La Grange
Joined Jun 2012
143 Posts
That is actually pretty cool but too small and pricey for me.
KYChopper is offline Find More Posts by KYChopper
Old Jun 20, 2013, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by fryfrog
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Sep 2010
316 Posts
I assume from the naming that the insides are mostly a 130X? Looks like there'll be some interesting mechanics for the raised tail rotor and the four blade head looks pretty neat. Wonder why they didn't include any shots of it naked, w/o the Red Bull body?

Also, OP should go back and make the first post of this thread much nicer... like most of the other ones!
fryfrog is offline Find More Posts by fryfrog
Old Jun 20, 2013, 04:05 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2013
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryfrog View Post
I assume from the naming that the insides are mostly a 130X? Looks like there'll be some interesting mechanics for the raised tail rotor and the four blade head looks pretty neat. Wonder why they didn't include any shots of it naked, w/o the Red Bull body?
They have exploded diagrams on their website.

Quote:
Also, OP should go back and make the first post of this thread much nicer... like most of the other ones!
Anyone who currently owns a 130X knows it to be true regarding the maintenance and finickiness of the current much simpler two bladed, non raised tail design. That does not mean, however, that it can't be a great flying heli.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 04:42 PM
Joined Sep 2010
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelicanbrigade View Post
They have exploded diagrams on their website.

Anyone who currently owns a 130X knows it to be true regarding the maintenance and finickiness of the current much simpler two bladed, non raised tail design. That does not mean, however, that it can't be a great flying heli.
Of course, the manual. Looks about how I expected, though I'd totally forgotten about the servo linkage required. I'm glad the shell comes apart in half, my (admit-ably simpler and lamer) CX3 required the blades be removed.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 04:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2013
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryfrog View Post
Looks about how I expected, though I'd totally forgotten about the servo linkage required.
It's not the servo linkage. That's just a simple bell crank in the middle with no high speed rotating components. It's the extra tail gear parts with a whole other gearbox in the middle when the original tail setup was so bad with vibrations that tore it apart in short order unless you got better bearings right away and a few other things, too. Hopefully, crooked tail shafts won't be an issue this time because that was a real pain. The tail hubs on many were not square to the tail shaft and caused all sorts of mayhem.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 05:00 PM
Joined Sep 2010
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelicanbrigade View Post
It's not the servo linkage. That's just a simple bell crank in the middle with no high speed rotating components. It's the extra tail gear parts with a whole other gearbox in the middle when the original tail setup was so bad with vibrations that tore it apart in short order unless you got better bearings right away and a few other things, too. Hopefully, crooked tail shafts won't be an issue this time because that was a real pain. The tail hubs on many were not square to the tail shaft and caused all sorts of mayhem.
Sorry, I just meant that I imagined there was a bevel gear or universal joint in there transmitting the power. What I had forgotten was that the servo linkage would have to do the same thing. I wasn't saying anything about which portion would be problematic. Adding extra gears is quite clearly the part to be worried about!

I like the 4 blade head, I wonder if you could just buy the parts for it and throw it onto a 130X?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 05:01 PM
Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,422 Posts
I briefly thought about buying this rather than the 130x two things put me off it's half the weight of the 130 again with the same batts etc. and the great thing about a two blade flybarless is how little damage occurs when the ground gets in the way.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jun 20, 2013, 05:46 PM
Find More Posts by Arycon
-= Trojan Man =-
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2012
929 Posts
What gives, Blade?

A 130X, 300X, 450X, 500X, 550X Pro and now 600X? What is with all of the incremental jumps? There is a gap between the 130X and 300X that I personnally wish you would fill instead of making each successive heli bigger by another 50 size boost. I just dont understand.

I really cant see the point of this new 130X. And dont get me wrong...I dont hate Blade. I own a Nano, MCPX BL and a 130X. The 130X flies great but dear, God, I had to mod it so much to make it fly well. Now you release a 130X with a quad blade hub and a bent tail? Not at all what I was expecting.

I only see this heli being useful for scale flyers wanting to make Apaches or Cobras or the like because of the bent tail. That is great! But...why not make the option available on your larger birds too? Make a mod kit so people can put a TT on their bigger helis like the 300X or 450X. Would be truly amazing if a kit was available from Blade that was prepped and ready to install to an existing heli. And release some scale fuselages!

Im holding out. Im waiting for something in the 250 size or lower. A 200X with rotary servos and a TT would be sheer awesomeness. Id grab one in a heart beat. I could pick up a 250 size Gaui, but I dont see the sense in putting the money in that size heli. Im simply saying it would be nice to see a more entry based 200 size. And Im not biting on the 300X. Might as well grab a 450 if youre going that far. I prefer helis that can fly in smaller areas.

Still hoping you have more releases coming, Blade.
Arycon is online now Find More Posts by Arycon
Old Jun 20, 2013, 05:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2013
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
I briefly thought about buying this rather than the 130x two things put me off it's half the weight of the 130 again with the same batts etc. and the great thing about a two blade flybarless is how little damage occurs when the ground gets in the way.

Same motor, too. Many people, myself included, feel the stock motor is already marginal on the much lighter 130X when you really start pushing it. Dropping an outrunner into it makes it a whole new heli.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 07:11 PM
Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,756 Posts
This guy stubbs is a wild one on the subject.. http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t7.../?p=6087191#RR

Do you agree with him on the matter pelican
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Jun 20, 2013 at 07:21 PM.