Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 27, 2005, 02:41 AM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Australia
Joined Apr 2004
929 Posts
Graupner Biene

Anyone know where I might be able to find a Graupner Biene, Preferably new in box ?

They were made back in the early 90's and as far as I know, now discontinued.

Thanks,
Paul.
mrfirkin is offline Find More Posts by mrfirkin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:58 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2002
172 Posts
The Graupner Biene was a great little model but has been out of circulation for some time. The Graupner dealership in Australia has been through many hands.

There are a few similar models, the FVK Jazz is probably the closest, also have a look at the Horejsi Skyline.

Swift
Swift is offline Find More Posts by Swift
Old Jul 29, 2005, 07:29 AM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Australia
Joined Apr 2004
929 Posts
Hi Swift,

Yes, It was one of my all time favourite gliders.

I never crashed my Biene, but sold it to an old friend of mine never to be seen again.

Shame It is no longer made.

I'll give those other models you mentioned a look.

Thanks,

Paul.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 07:40 AM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Australia
Joined Apr 2004
929 Posts
There are a few similar models, the FVK Jazz is probably the closest, also have a look at the Horejsi Skyline.

Swift[/QUOTE]

HI again Swift,

Any idea where I can get that FVK Jazz in Australia ? Looks like a Biene!

Cheers,
Paul.

PS,

Where in Sydney are you? I come from Sydney, Now living in Bleak City (Melbourne) What a Dump!

I used to fly with a few mates up at Windsor. One of my mates was the caretaker of a caravan/Ski park up that way and we had about 20 acres to ourselves every weekend. We were a bit naughty as we shared our airspace with Caribous and Hercs turning base into Richmond RAAF base

Also, about 5 k's up the road was an 'Official' RC Flying Club. Although I think we were 'Just' out of Tx/Rx Range. Never ever had any radio interference problems. That was back in the very early 90's. Fun times. We used to fly our stunt kites on windy days (and at night with lights attached)!