HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2010, 10:36 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,241 Posts
I just mounted one of Minsoo's boards on my Gaui 330X-S. I have been having an issue with the Gaui yawing counter clockwise. I have been able to somewhat control it by adding trim and subtrim in my controller after reversing the yaw gyro. Is there something I should be doing in my set up to make it where I did not have to use so much trim. I am using X mode with 3S battery.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2010, 10:37 PM
That tree again!!!!
Germantown, MD, US
Joined Sep 2004
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeli View Post
Is there a way to give more range for the gyro pots? I cannot get the airframe to wag/oscillate even with max settings on the pots. I know this is a side effect of making the copters too big, but I like 'em big.
how big is it? I'm building one with 24" arm. I find 12" arm becomes small to quickly.

you can try increasing the gain in the software. It was pretty easy with firmware before 4.4. I don't know about 4.5 though.
thanhTran is offline Find More Posts by thanhTran
Old Nov 08, 2010, 11:01 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
USA, CO, Westminster
Joined Jan 2008
3,017 Posts
With regards to the component list for the Version 6 through hole PCB. Is there any reason why I should not use regular disk type ceramic capacitors for the seven 100nf caps on the list or would it be better to get something like monolithic multilayer parts for these. I didn't order these caps since I have a handful of the disk type ceramics on hand.

Rob...

By the way, almost caught up to where I started reading this thread, it is a long one and growing fast.
mxspode is offline Find More Posts by mxspode
Old Nov 08, 2010, 11:21 PM
Joined Jan 2008
11 Posts
Hi everybody...i have question about tricopter...did anyone build the tricopter using fm radio? How about the setup like gyro and tx setup...i have my old honey bee king tx lying under my bed and i'm thinking to use that tx...kindly please help...
kopen is offline Find More Posts by kopen
Old Nov 08, 2010, 11:33 PM
The one and only
Hjo, Sweden
Joined Apr 2004
503 Posts
Here is my latest video with the KK board;
Beautiful HD FPV - Leaf Blower - RCExplorer.se (2 min 1 sec)

I wonder what the guy in the tractor first thought when he spotted me in the rear view mirror
dadde is offline Find More Posts by dadde
Old Nov 09, 2010, 12:01 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,528 Posts
Quote:
Is there a way to give more range for the gyro pots? I cannot get the airframe to wag/oscillate even with max settings on the pots. I know this is a side effect of making the copters too big, but I like 'em big.
Edit the *.asm file and change the gyro gain constants.
  1. Install AVR studio http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/to...ource=redirect
  2. Create a new project in AVR studio
  3. Add all files (*.asm & *.inc) to you project
  4. Modify TriCopterV1_5.asm as needed, be sure to select the correct chip (include m??def.inc)
  5. Build..., and you will have your personalized "hex" that you can load into the Atmega
manuLRK
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Nov 09, 2010, 12:04 AM
Joined Sep 2010
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I just mounted one of Minsoo's boards on my Gaui 330X-S. I have been having an issue with the Gaui yawing counter clockwise. I have been able to somewhat control it by adding trim and subtrim in my controller after reversing the yaw gyro. Is there something I should be doing in my set up to make it where I did not have to use so much trim. I am using X mode with 3S battery.
it is necessary to controll with trim and sub trim
Because, be in a state of flux
eunseok is offline Find More Posts by eunseok
Old Nov 09, 2010, 12:55 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
I am looking at your pictures and look different than i describe. On left hand side of the regulator, you connect the top pad to the bottom pad and leaving middle pad untouch right? and right hand side of the regulator is un touch right?
Mmmmh thats what i understood from your description:

Quote:
if you are willing to try, look at U5, it is a regulator. there are 3 pad on one side and 2 pad on the other side. If you put a jumper wire from the 3 pad side at first pad to the third pad and now on the 2 pad side, you will read 3 v, then look for your signal connection for roll , yaw and pitch again, now it should work. but i do not sure, you will have to try at your risk.
What did you really mean?

greets and thanks

Johannes
(Jo)Hannes is offline Find More Posts by (Jo)Hannes
Old Nov 09, 2010, 01:30 AM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhTran View Post
how big is it? I'm building one with 24" arm. I find 12" arm becomes small to quickly.

you can try increasing the gain in the software. It was pretty easy with firmware before 4.4. I don't know about 4.5 though.
Well the Y6 is at about 12". My quad had trex 500 booms for arms, that was quite big. ( I may make another big quad in the future, I liked the stability. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Edit the *.asm file and change the gyro gain constants.
  1. Install AVR studio http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/to...ource=redirect
  2. Create a new project in AVR studio
  3. Add all files (*.asm & *.inc) to you project
  4. Modify TriCopterV1_5.asm as needed, be sure to select the correct chip (include m??def.inc)
  5. Build..., and you will have your personalized "hex" that you can load into the Atmega
manuLRK
I would love to do that, but AVR does not support my programmer. Is there a DIY serial one that can be made to run on AVR?

Also: Is it possible to insert a HH tail gyro between receiver and controller board channel 4 rudder to gain HH mode? Although the rate mode is flyable, I would prefer HH.
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:02 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,189 Posts
please look at the attached photo for red wire jumper at regulator pad. Try at your risk, i am not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Jo)Hannes View Post
Mmmmh thats what i understood from your description:

What did you really mean?

greets and thanks

Johannes
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:04 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,528 Posts
Quote:
Well the Y6 is at about 12". My quad had trex 500 booms for arms, that was quite big. ( I may make another big quad in the future, I liked the stability. )

I would love to do that, but AVR does not support my programmer. Is there a DIY serial one that can be made to run on AVR?

Also: Is it possible to insert a HH tail gyro between receiver and controller board channel 4 rudder to gain HH mode? Although the rate mode is flyable, I would prefer HH.
I use AVR-Studio to compile and eXtreme burner to upload the hex into the atmega.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:11 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
512 Posts
Quote:
please look at the attached photo for red wire jumper at regulator pad. Try at your risk, i am not sure.
"read jumper wire at regulator left side top pad connect to bottom pad and now you will get 3 v at right pad."

OK, thats what i did, just my wire jumper is a bit longer and bend a bit right so that it looks different on the pics.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:11 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,528 Posts
Quote:

On the KK board I do not use (installed the yaw gyro)! I kept the HK401 intact, and placed it between the receiver and KK rx yaw input! This is working perfect for me and is fully tunable! However, HH mode does not work for me, but in rate mode it is quite good!
Here a example in really gutsy and windy conditions!
XX quad copter in windy conditions (3 min 15 sec)
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:13 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
512 Posts
Quote:
Attachment 3584541

I just received this wmp from www.dealextreme.com and it look different. Can anyone take a look and recommend me for roll, pitch, yaw connection.
Just see my last posts, thanks to noppita it seems to work now. Have not testet it in the KK board.
Old Nov 09, 2010, 04:15 AM
Member FPV UK
Isle of Wight, UK
Joined Apr 2010
729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420RcPilot View Post
I am very sure there will soon be an alternative to the Korean Board that will include a 168....stay tuned!
Paypal on standby

Mike.
IWCoburg is offline Find More Posts by IWCoburg
RCG Plus Member