Aug 26, 2012, 01:47 AM
Great video. Much better sound in this one. Your setup really screams.

Man that was close.
Last edited by anlucas; Aug 26, 2012 at 01:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2012, 01:58 AM
John
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlucas
Great video. Much better sound in this one. Your setup really screams.

Man that was close.
tell me about it... my leg was shaking... my legs would shake when i first started flying... they haven't shaked in a long time!!!
Aug 26, 2012, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk671
tell me about it... my leg was shaking... my legs would shake when i first started flying... they haven't shaked in a long time!!!
That's called adrenalin...
Aug 26, 2012, 02:26 AM
John
here's another video for you guys... I will say this though, this plane has great vertical, even right off take off.

Freewing SU-35 Twin 70mm EDF Jet Flight #4 (4 min 12 sec)
Aug 26, 2012, 07:28 AM
Hmmm, that is FAST!!
I am switching up to 65C Nano's!! LOL (there goes a few hundred dollars more....)
Though I don't want it THAT fast.
Videos exaggerate speed, but it seems at least 160kph.... probably not 200, but somewhere between those two.

I liked the fast landing too. Looks more realistic, compared to 'floating' them in slow.
Aug 26, 2012, 12:07 PM
John
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
Hmmm, that is FAST!!
I am switching up to 65C Nano's!! LOL (there goes a few hundred dollars more....)
Though I don't want it THAT fast.
Videos exaggerate speed, but it seems at least 160kph.... probably not 200, but somewhere between those two.

I liked the fast landing too. Looks more realistic, compared to 'floating' them in slow.
there was a slight crosswind, so I brought her in a little fast in order to cut through it..
Aug 26, 2012, 12:49 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC
How many landings of the "full scale" have you witnessed?
Aug 26, 2012, 07:26 PM
Plenty on videos of the real ones to gauge from.
Aug 26, 2012, 08:19 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Jezuz! You need to put a warning on that video, "sit on can before watching" how you got out of that I dont know Its fast though, for a big airframe I am surprised how quickly it accelerates. I bet it sounds different in real life too. Great job, might have to link the video to the 6s fan page on the website if you dont mind.
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
Aug 26, 2012, 08:42 PM
John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
Jezuz! You need to put a warning on that video, "sit on can before watching" how you got out of that I dont know Its fast though, for a big airframe I am surprised how quickly it accelerates. I bet it sounds different in real life too. Great job, might have to link the video to the 6s fan page on the website if you dont mind.
Please do!!!
Aug 26, 2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC
It does, I can attest that two very well balanced CS 10s is one of the best sounds in RC jets...with the reliable HET motors it's prolly pushing 9lbs thrust in plane...

Really nice sound from that shroud...any ETA on the new ones?

Regards
Aug 26, 2012, 09:09 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Shrouds all in stock, every size, all updates applied, both style 70mm in stock. All listed in the Alloy parts section now.
Latest blog entry: Extreme RC AUSTRALIA
Aug 27, 2012, 02:13 PM
Always Fly Two Mistakes High!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd
no doubt about it, it has to have EC5's
Thanks guys!
Aug 27, 2012, 02:39 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Mark,

Thinking about doing your 900w setup on my SU35 for the fact that I don't wanna loose too much flight time with the 1400w setup. They are basically same price so $ isn't the issue. Would I be a waste to go for the 900w setup or just do the 1400w and manage my throttle?
Latest blog entry: Freewing Me262
Aug 27, 2012, 04:44 PM
speedin n da weeds :)
manage throttle, it may save you plane if you need to power out and dont have it.....

Quick Reply