HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2014, 02:07 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,286 Posts
dammit plane cost almost $250 if not I would definitely buy one!
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2014, 08:52 PM
Joined Jun 2007
11 Posts
Quality costs!! This was not built by HK!
RCTinTin is offline Find More Posts by RCTinTin
Old Sep 01, 2014, 10:22 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,596 Posts
Working on my build here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2222358
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ritewing Z3 S build
Old Sep 02, 2014, 01:06 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTinTin View Post
I know but anything beyond $150 is over my budget lol, with current exchange rate making even worst 250x3.4=805 in my currency

XtremeWingRC

nice detailed Buildlog!
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2014, 10:01 PM
Joined Oct 2007
2,596 Posts
Thanks man will put more pics up later
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:34 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,089 Posts
Any more updates on your build David?
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Old Sep 15, 2014, 01:48 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzer View Post
Any more updates on your build David?
Yeah, very soon. I been busy with a few projects.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Sep 15, 2014, 02:17 PM
Joined Dec 2013
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTinTin View Post

the foam is the same cheap epor as in hk kits like bixler, doesnt come close to the foam multiplex uses. where other higher end epp wings come with nice profiled winglets this comes with cheap pierced multi-wall sheet stuff. the camera mount for mobius was not milled right so the parts had to be sanded to actualy fit together - and the "CF push rod kit" is a simple 2mm steal rod with with the wrong length, no threads on one side and some cf tubes as camouflage for the steal rod (dont even fit tight as the id is to big). control horns are the same cheap nylon stuff u get in hk kits.

so actualy the quality of the kit is nowhere better than your usual hk stuff.
Darky is offline Find More Posts by Darky
Old Sep 15, 2014, 03:10 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,791 Posts
Nice , the winglets are all laser cut and double as disposable replaceable landing gear , they are very nice in quality, your control rods are put in as an option, I never offered them in the past because they are something that anyone could do them self's. But many people want them so I add it as an option.
The clevises are solder clevises that need to be cut to length once you have your servos centered and control surfaces mounted and then soldered, then you goop the clevises and put heat shrink over them to make them stiff. The CF sleeves are to protect them from getting bent during transport or storage in the hanger.

The EPOR foam we use is a 1.8 lb in weight and is much more stiff than epo and arcell or elapor that multiplex uses, it makes for great handling aircraft that are easy to build. What is also nice is the non oily surface of the foam, this helps films and paints stick to it very well.

I did see some of the end of the run on the tough boxes had some clearance issues. This last order of G10 wore out the mill bit out faster than usual, if you needed it to be replaced you would only need to send me an email and tell me about it .

We use FPVlabs for most everything, you will get much more info and support over there. You will not get that direct support from a china vendor like you will from us.

Sorry your not happy, we are in the Dark and cant help or support you if we do not hear about it.

Find another fixed wing at 47" that is this stable in wind.

Z3 stability video (7 min 38 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darky View Post
the foam is the same cheap epor as in hk kits like bixler, doesnt come close to the foam multiplex uses. where other higher end epp wings come with nice profiled winglets this comes with cheap pierced multi-wall sheet stuff. the camera mount for mobius was not milled right so the parts had to be sanded to actualy fit together - and the "CF push rod kit" is a simple 2mm steal rod with with the wrong length, no threads on one side and some cf tubes as camouflage for the steal rod (dont even fit tight as the id is to big). control horns are the same cheap nylon stuff u get in hk kits.

klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Last edited by klique; Sep 15, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 07:08 PM
United States, NY, Mamaroneck
Joined Jul 2010
60 Posts
Quote:

Have you ever flown a Ritewing wing before???? I'm building a Z3 as we speak and the quality is second to none.The ability to break down a fully rigged FPV wing in seconds and be able to transport, it speaks for it self. The fact that Ritewing designed a camera mount that supports multiple camera options is by far a massive time saver.So you needed to sand the camera mount a little to make it fit perfect.If you want plug and play buy a DJI Phantom take it out of the box and fly it.I would much rather support a company that i can call or Skype anytime and speak to the owner personally. Keep up the great work Chris, you guys are bad ass.
PizzaPrince is offline Find More Posts by PizzaPrince
Old Sep 15, 2014, 07:48 PM
Joined Oct 2007
2,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPrince View Post
Have you ever flown a Ritewing wing before???? I'm building a Z3 as we speak and the quality is second to none.The ability to break down a fully rigged FPV wing in seconds and be able to transport, it speaks for it self. The fact that Ritewing designed a camera mount that supports multiple camera options is by far a massive time saver.So you needed to sand the camera mount a little to make it fit perfect.If you want plug and play buy a DJI Phantom take it out of the box and fly it.I would much rather support a company that i can call or Skype anytime and speak to the owner personally. Keep up the great work Chris, you guys are bad ass.
I agree. Can't be said any better than that. He doesn't know anything about this awesome fpv aircraft. The thought and design is beyond of those that tried. This has it all in one package and customer support from Chris and Ronnie, not to mention ritewing builders around help support this product. Try that with chinese imitations.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2014, 01:25 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,901 Posts
The Z3 is nothing like an HK plane. Above the quality, you get an awesome design. Great products and great support.
Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:00 AM
Joined Dec 2013
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPrince View Post
yes i own a z3, and yes it flyes nice - doenst change the quality of the kit components itself. until laminated the foam gets dents easily like any other hk foamy, my multiplex models are a lot stronger. the multi-wall sheet winglets (pierced or laser cut, who cares?) look badly worn after just a couple of landings on smooth grassland. the feature of breaking down a fpv plane is nothing new, the design of a wing with big body is old too just look for a fpv hektor or eagle eye... when i buy a milled camera mount i expect it to snap fit nicely, having to sand it just shows its not done right.

anyway i have no problem to say that chris is a nice guy, his skype support is fast and realy helpfull and the plane flyes great when its done. but at the same time i can look unbiased on the kit and parts and tell that i am not impressed at all with how things are done. and i dont care about fanboy hatred
Darky is offline Find More Posts by Darky
Old Sep 16, 2014, 05:48 PM
United States, NY, Mamaroneck
Joined Jul 2010
60 Posts
Fanboy hatred............LOL

"The EPOR foam we use is a 1.8 lb in weight and is much more stiff than epo and arcell or elapor that multiplex uses, it makes for great handling aircraft that are easy to build. What is also nice is the non oily surface of the foam, this helps films and paints stick to it very well."

I believe this answers your question regarding the type of foam used.

Once again your mad because you needed to sand a camera mount...My camera mount went together like butter and if it didn't i would have contacted Ritewing first.
PizzaPrince is offline Find More Posts by PizzaPrince
Old Sep 21, 2014, 06:22 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jun 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
yes i own a z3, and yes it flyes nice - doenst change the quality of the kit components itself. until laminated the foam gets dents easily like any other hk foamy, my multiplex models are a lot stronger. the multi-wall sheet winglets (pierced or laser cut, who cares?) look badly worn after just a couple of landings on smooth grassland. the feature of breaking down a fpv plane is nothing new, the design of a wing with big body is old too just look for a fpv hektor or eagle eye... when i buy a milled camera mount i expect it to snap fit nicely, having to sand it just shows its not done right.

anyway i have no problem to say that chris is a nice guy, his skype support is fast and realy helpfull and the plane flyes great when its done. but at the same time i can look unbiased on the kit and parts and tell that i am not impressed at all with how things are done. and i dont care about fanboy hatred
If you have ever worked with a mill on large quantity of parts that are suppose to interlock together you know sometimes some parts fit nicer than others. Mine is a little tight but i would rather have to spend 5 mins sanding to have it super tight vs getting some loose sloppy thing that has a bunch of gaps. And im sure they could make them bigger gaps but they would feel sloppy on most and ok on a few. No thanks...
Helidoc25 is offline Find More Posts by Helidoc25