HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:56 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Brandon! Sorry to hear that buddy! Keep us updated when you can. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. If you are able to, give me a call tomorrow. When is stuff scheduled?

Andrew
I'll be admitted tomarrow at 8 AM procedure is at 11 and will remain in under care for a few days....hoping to be out before the weekend
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:25 AM
WiFi Thom
United States, OH, Elyria
Joined Oct 2012
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Folks I'm headed for the Hospital to have an angiogram done and possible Heart Bypass...I'll be out of commission for a while
get well fast, you will be missed here.
tbeller is offline Find More Posts by tbeller
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:27 AM
WiFi Thom
United States, OH, Elyria
Joined Oct 2012
188 Posts
Andrew

I think 10 to 15 seconds of smoke would be more than enough for start up.
tbeller is offline Find More Posts by tbeller
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:32 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,912 Posts
Brandon,
get back to us soon!

Guys, I know this is a little off the wall here, but I feel like we are all part of a family. I wold like to do some flowers or baloons for Brandon. If anyone wants to contribute just a couple of dollars, let me know.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:32 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeller View Post
Andrew

I think 10 to 15 seconds of smoke would be more than enough for start up.
Thom,
I think there may be enough interest to do this, so I am going to begin work on it today, just to see what can be done.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:49 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
547 Posts
Quote:
Folks I'm headed for the Hospital to have an angiogram done and possible Heart Bypass...I'll be out of commission for a while
Sorry to read this!
As I´m really in the game, pls if you can get in touch. Many of these cardiac issues can be treated with angioplasty! We do 96% of all interventions thru the wrist, patients like you leaving for home next day!

Contact me ASAP and I can give some advice in this case, don´t hesitate.
Your net friend Lasse Hellsten Interventional cardiologist.
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:53 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
547 Posts
Quote:
Brandon,
get back to us soon!

Guys, I know this is a little off the wall here, but I feel like we are all part of a family. I wold like to do some flowers or baloons for Brandon. If anyone wants to contribute just a couple of dollars, let me know.

Andrew
I will, how????
Med vänliga hälsningar
Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:28 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
I will, how????
Med vänliga hälsningar
Lasse
Wow Lasse! I did not realize you were a cardeologist!

Send me a PM, I will give you my papal address, and if you would like you can send a couple of dollars to go toward some flowers.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:32 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Sorry to read this!
As I´m really in the game, pls if you can get in touch. Many of these cardiac issues can be treated with angioplasty! We do 96% of all interventions thru the wrist, patients like you leaving for home next day!

Contact me ASAP and I can give some advice in this case, don´t hesitate.
Your net friend Lasse Hellsten Interventional cardiologist.
Thanks, will do...I'm back home today, And no blockage was found, No stints or bypass needed at this time, but further testing going on?... but symptoms are still present...will keep you all post as I can.

Home on bed rest and NO activity or ability to go back to work until Tuesday.....
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:10 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,313 Posts
Rest well, Mr. Moon. You are one that really make RCGroups the best place on the inter-webs. I am sure you will be flight ready in no time.

Best of everything -

JimNM
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:47 AM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
820 Posts
Hi Brandon,

Just catching up on my RC Groups and I read you have been in and out of the hospital for cardiac issues. I am glad to hear there was no blockage and you are resting up for more building and other activities. Since Lasse is the "resident Cardiologist" on this thread, I hope you were able to communicate with him and get his advice and thoughts. As heart disease is the most common disease of all, we are all potential victims.

Here's wishing you a rapid return to creative building and reporting to the rest of us.

Sincerely,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:25 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,657 Posts
Thank you all for the thoughtful well wishes. keeping you all in my prayers and wishes of successful fantastic flights for all
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:23 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Thank you all for the thoughtful well wishes. keeping you all in my prayers and wishes of successful fantastic flights for all

Brandon, I went through exactly the same ordeal and fortunately with the same results. I was then given meds that makes me feel a lot better I hope you feel good Sir.

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:58 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the link Lasse, I will have to give it a view!

Question for you all concerning the smoke system. I have been concentrating on that latley, as I do want to get it out as soon as possible. As many of you have seen I was attemting to make an all round unit that could be used for exhaust smoke, or aerobatic smoke. With sunlight and blus skies, I believe I have accomplished that. Less so on overcast days, and low sun angles, but that is true with smoke anyway. The current unit gives between 1:30 - 2:00 worth of smoke, more if your relly push it, but I don't reccomend it.

Several have asked for a unit that does just enough smoke for a realistic startup, or a shoot down simulation. I THINK it may be able to be scaled down to a smaller unit that could draw from a 4S flight pack, and give about 30 seconds of smoke. It would raw down on the flight pack, but 30 seconds should not impact it too much.

Before I begin reasearch and development on it, I am trying to gauge interest in something like that. Is this prefered over the larger/longer smoke unit?

Andrew

I'm so glad you're looking into this Andrew. I looked up train smoke, airplanes smoke, stick on smokers looking for one thing something that could make my plane blow smoke out the exhaust when the engine starts.

Finding nothing I explored the use of the light element in the tip of an E cigarette. If you take off the covering on the end of one of these (I burned mine off accidentally trying to light it) there is a little non-LED hotwire element that lights it up. I've given a lot of thought to this. I packed some Q cells into an engine cover and tried to blow them out the exhaust with the prop that doesn't work.

Andrew I can't describe to you how strongly I feel about the importance of this missing element in the context of your synchronized sound system.

If it were possible to have smoke come out the exhaust of these scale planes at start up, a bunch of it, that would be the final element in a beautiful presentation of the reality that the model represents.

Like Albert Einstein said "what the world needs is a new simplicity not a new complexity".

DJ
BTW: the sound system and prop timing has become an obsession with me. I go on YouTube and study the startup videos and the explosion of these powerful engines into action this cannot be fully duplicated without the smoke.
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:05 PM
Joined Sep 2008
279 Posts
I'm working on a little realistic start up smoke unit myself. just belts out a puff with a pulse circuit and done deal. It's not finished yet, but it's looking promising....
dcwwcp is offline Find More Posts by dcwwcp