HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:54 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Nov 2012
188 Posts
Discussion
dumb question - why will some quads chop fingers, and others do nothing

So trying to figure out how to build a safer quad. The home builds I was looking at definitely have their share of horror stories for the forgetful or unfortunate.

Meanwhile at NAB the DJI guys said you can touch the spinning props, and it will hurt, but no stitches. At worst, they said, you'd get something like a paper cut.

The Phantom is about the size of some of the other quads, so what makes it so much less dangerous than the others? Why is it not a flying unzippering machine like the others?

This is an honest question looking for an honest answer.
stickheywood is offline Find More Posts by stickheywood
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:01 PM
Happy Holidays
Joined Jan 2013
1,053 Posts
Well i got my first set of props on a new setup and they seem pretty stiff there lik 7 inches or something.anyways you can tell someone held them up against a buffer well to polish them.the edges are pretty sharp so maybe other places dont do that leaveing them blunt.
AnthonysQuad is offline Find More Posts by AnthonysQuad
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:02 PM
Happy Holidays
Joined Jan 2013
1,053 Posts
Carbon is pretty strong so if you buffed that...ya i could see them doing damage
AnthonysQuad is offline Find More Posts by AnthonysQuad
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:22 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
I tend to disbelieve that statement about the Phantom blades. Those blades feel a little more pliable than other blades I've had. But, I don't think I'd want to be sticking any fingers or other appendages in them to prove it.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:34 AM
gardena, ca
Joined Feb 2003
450 Posts
The only real safe quad that I know of:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...propel+protect
rhokita is offline Find More Posts by rhokita