HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:07 AM
Joined Apr 2004
46 Posts
Discussion
MK2 bottom cowl question

im rebuilding an MK1 Honda.It has all the body parts except the bottom cowl.Ithink I red tthat the new one will fit so I ordered it.Is this true and will it need modification?
bigmd is offline Find More Posts by bigmd
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:17 AM
Joined Apr 2004
46 Posts
actually after a test fit it looks like the bottom cowl and front ferring from the HOR will fit.maybe i will just use them both.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:39 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yeah the HOR front and lower fairings will fit the MK1 together as you said, but I don't think the lower cowl will fit the older top section... With the MK1 Yamaha the lower fairing actually locates on the frame aswell as the top fairing... Making for a real tight fit, much better than the HOR set up...

But the 4 mounting screw holes line up between all the different bikes and fairings... So you can mix and match a bit, just as long as lower cowl has something to locate on all should be fine...

While we're on the subject... Does anyone out there have any fairings for the MK1 bikes they'd be willing to part with..? Any condition... Any shape..?
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Apr 2004
46 Posts
Lukey B you can have my front fairing.its in perfect shape no winshield.i did cut out one out of a plastic bottle though that came out good.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:55 PM
Joined Apr 2004
46 Posts
just give me address