Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:40 PM
Electric Glider Nut
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Hi,
We ship overseas all the time, problem might be the fuselage length. That's the reason we are developing new generation of the models. Check the Albatroses, 3m version ships all around the world.

Zb/Esprit Model
I emailed your store specifically regarding shipping of a Gracia and I was told no - not possible. I don't want an Albatross otherwise my enquiry would have been for that instead.

So far my most encouraging response has been from TopModelCZ themselves who will ship the Gracia to Australia for $130Euro... so I'm currently saving pennies to buy one from them.
timography is offline Find More Posts by timography
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined May 2010
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timography View Post
I emailed your store specifically regarding shipping of a Gracia and I was told no - not possible.
You have to understand, it’s not up to us. If USPS will not allow ship to your country anything larger than XYcm we can not make them to do it. Sometimes it’s completely crazy, an example Czech to US package longer than 125cm is OK, the other way not possible.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is online now Find More Posts by Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Esprit Model; Oct 09, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined May 2010
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoyu80305 View Post
It's very good to know I could buy parts! Where can I find the price for the left or right wing of the Albatros (2.4S/E)? On your site, I could only see "Calypso" and "Pulser" replacement parts available. Where can I find others?
There never will be left or right, only matched set of wings. Please email us for price quote. Like I said not possible to keep and price 1000 different parts that we might never sell.

Zb/Esprit Model
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:32 PM
Joined May 2010
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timography View Post
I emailed your store specifically regarding shipping of a Gracia and I was told no - not possible. I don't want an Albatross otherwise my enquiry would have been for that instead.
Albatros was just the example; for past year we were trying to design and build models that have to be shippable worldwide.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:45 PM
Holland, Michigan
Joined Dec 2006
396 Posts
Mystique

I have been following along the discussion on this glider since the get-go and like Aeajr would like to know how it handles on a winch launch. A friend talked to the horizon people at the recent Masters event in my behalf about this and was assured the plane handles the winch fine albeit not full pedal. He was told of a YouTube video of it on the winch. I think I found one quick scene in a longer video of the Mystique with the glint of an attached winch line in the sun.

There are several things intriguing about this glider. The price point is right. For my preference when the price pushes $500 for a similar glider I'd rather pony up a few hundred more for a good used moldie, which is on my next Spring shopping list. At this price I can trade out the prop and spinner for a spinner alone and put it up on the winch when I want. The glider club I fly at is 45 min away and not always convenient as a 15 minute drive to where I can fly power gliders. Having spare parts readily available is a huge plus for any plane but especially nice for an all around fun plane to fly. Since at this time your only choice, I believe is white, red and yellow you can rest assured the right colors should be in stock. Some of the more exotic and great performing gliders tend to evolve and become dated more quickly making finding parts somewhat difficult to impossible to locate. It is apparent from what I read here that this price point is right on target for the intermediate glider flier who wants to advance to a more challenging experience than the Radian.

I really hope this attractively priced Mystique does in fact encourage more pilots to enjoy the art of flying gliders and searching for lift! This will help all the glider builders and sellers in the long run. There are many really nice sailplanes on the market but not many at this entry price level.

The Radian, how sick is that? After years of flying 'real' RC gliders of all sorts. I recently broke down, bought one, did some mods (flaperons and such) along the lines of Paul Naton's suggestions on another post in the ALES Groups Category and began flying it. After a little tweaking I don't know if you can really say your flying it. I launch it from my canvas chair, hit altitude (real quick with the mods) trim it, put the transmitter in my lap, sip coffee while visiting with my friends and occasionally bump the stick with my pinky. I'm a builder type and find this foamy thing thing purely disgusting. Some day I am going to quit taking it to the field...someday!

This Spring I bought a Skip Miller sweetheart of a light air glider the new Topaz S V2. I really don't need the Mystique, ask my wife. Still, I squirreled away the money for it anyway in the battery compartment of one of my many gliders. Now, I'm hoping to hear about someone who plans to or is winch launching the Mystique.

Regards,

Larry

P.S. My electrified and flapped 'Bird of Time' pictured below is probably one of the best values for entry level ARF sailplanes today. Can anyone tell me why Dynaflite has not revamped the fuse design for winch and electric? Guess they aren't interested in the increased sales opportunity.
LWeller is offline Find More Posts by LWeller
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:01 AM
Music Man
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
I am about one day from being able to maiden my MYSTIQUE. The build has gone reasonably well with some questions. My instruction booklet calls for a Power 25 1270kv (part EFLM 4025B) and yet the threads and the downloaded instructions (#3 entry in this thread) recommend the Power 25 870kv (part EFLM 4025A). Help! Why the contradiction? Which is better? How many launches per battery charge on the 1270kv that I bought per my instructions? Can I burn out my ESC? Was the change in the instructions on purpose? Is the 1270kv better? Is the MVVS about the same as the 870kv EFlite in power and speed?
Music Man is offline Find More Posts by Music Man
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:34 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
I am about one day from being able to maiden my MYSTIQUE. The build has gone reasonably well with some questions. My instruction booklet calls for a Power 25 1270kv (part EFLM 4025B) and yet the threads and the downloaded instructions (#3 entry in this thread) recommend the Power 25 870kv (part EFLM 4025A). Help! Why the contradiction? Which is better? How many launches per battery charge on the 1270kv that I bought per my instructions? Can I burn out my ESC? Was the change in the instructions on purpose? Is the 1270kv better? Is the MVVS about the same as the 870kv EFlite in power and speed?
If nothing else your post helps explain the 'error in judgment' made by others. Read this post - both the quoted & response segments:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=296

Looks like "them guys up there" continue their penchant for publishing manuals with inconsistent information. It's rampant in today's industrial world, & this sport is no exception. Proofreading, fact checking & continuity seem to be lost arts.
(You oughta read a DX6i manual sometime!)
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:08 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,518 Posts
Quote:
I would use the lower KV. The MVVS is nice as their is no rotating can.
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:41 AM
Electric Glider Nut
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2012
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you View Post
I would use the lower KV. The MVVS is nice as their is no rotating can.
thats my motor of choice for the mystique!
timography is offline Find More Posts by timography
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Is there any chance that there will ever be a BnF version of the Mystique?

Anyone?
Himself is offline Find More Posts by Himself
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:30 PM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,516 Posts
Link to MVVS please!
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:39 PM
Holland, Michigan
Joined Dec 2006
396 Posts
http://www.espritmodel.com/mvvs-40-4...ess-motor.aspx

This is motor suggested as alternative on previous page.

Regards,

Larry
LWeller is offline Find More Posts by LWeller
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:00 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,977 Posts
Quote:
Don't panic too much: ideally you can use different prop sizes on each motor, and in that way you can get much closer to getting them to work not terribly dissimilar to each other in terms of power drawn and put out. Basically a high Kv motor would use a smaller (or lesser pitch) prop and would turn that faster than a low Kv motor which would be better matched to a bigger prop turning slower. Glider guiders generally prefer going the last way; but it's not a huge difference between 870 and 1270...

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, OH, Loveland
Joined Feb 2007
367 Posts
Does anyone have info on the stall characteristics? In particular tip stalls.
sinowace is online now Find More Posts by sinowace
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Jan 2007
181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
Don't panic too much: ideally you can use different prop sizes on each motor, and in that way you can get much closer to getting them to work not terribly dissimilar to each other in terms of power drawn and put out. Basically a high Kv motor would use a smaller (or lesser pitch) prop and would turn that faster than a low Kv motor which would be better matched to a bigger prop turning slower. Glider guiders generally prefer going the last way; but it's not a huge difference between 870 and 1270...

Chris
Firstly my apologies on the manual contradiction, it has been corrected on line and will be represented in all further shipments. There was some debate in testing this project which motor works best and why there was 2 motor choices. My apology for missing this in the final proof, I take full responsibility.
The good news, they both work well. Itís a tradeoff for performance vrs duration.
As to which one is best, it really depends on the owner. As this product is intended to the newer soaring pilot more launches may be favorable so the 870 will be your choice. If youíre a more experienced soaring pilot then the 1250kv may be your preference, it will give greater climb rate however less duration, 10-15% less than the 870 roughly speaking, obviously you are pulling greater amps with the higher kv motor.

Hope this clears things up,

Kind regards

Pete
TeamHorizon is offline Find More Posts by TeamHorizon
Site Sponsor