SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:01 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I just purchased 4 6S 25-50C 5000mAh Turnigy Nano-Tech lipos. I have never had a problem with them.
I fly with those and have great results. I like 6s 5000mah packs in parallel so if/when a cell starts to go I'm out a pack and not a huge 10,000mah pack. Plus I usually remove 2 cells and make them into 4s packs.

I did the whole expensive Lipo route and with these Multis (low amp draw) there is little to no difference. Overall weight is the biggest factor nowadays. Power to weight ratio.

Now when you get into 12s heli setups lipos start having a big impact.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:02 AM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
541 Posts
Just a short test shot for a construction site status report. We'll be doing a full video for them soon.

Construction Site Aerial Test Shot (1 min 13 sec)
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:23 AM
FirstPersonFlyer
Bavaria/Germany
Joined Mar 2008
104 Posts
To clear that,
you are allowed to travel with a max of 100 watthours power, so if you have 6s lipo it is around 4500mAh for ONE lipo, not 5000 !!!

I think its a quite good size of lipo, you can go with 2 or even 3 of them.
If there is one cell deing you will loose one lipo but not the copter. You should use lipo safer with buzzer on each lipo on each flight, or as we do use single cell measuring over the jeti DC-16 radio with alarm for any cell running down under 3.5V during flight.

To be honest the XT 60 connectors are very close to the limit of the current, a fully loaded S800 draws around 90A while rising fast, we ALLWAYS go with two lipos and 6mm goldies or now with two XT-60 or even the new XT-90.
MrGlobeFlight is offline Find More Posts by MrGlobeFlight
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined May 2005
1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Just a short test shot for a construction site status report. We'll be doing a full video for them soon.

https://vimeo.com/49538862
Great video, but does it seems like the video (First clip) is rolled some degree to the left?
Maybe it`s just me, but it feels like many AP z15 seems to be rolled some degree on way
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:08 AM
France, Pyrénées Orientales
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
Hi,

first flight Z15, very impressive the result

I flight: V5.14A Beta

I have two comments:

1- after acquiring satellites, I do not have the green LED (home position) !!!

2- the Z15 have a slight drift !!!

jdm66
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:50 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlobeFlight View Post
To clear that,
you are allowed to travel with a max of 100 watthours power, so if you have 6s lipo it is around 4500mAh for ONE lipo, not 5000 !!!

I think its a quite good size of lipo, you can go with 2 or even 3 of them.
If there is one cell deing you will loose one lipo but not the copter. You should use lipo safer with buzzer on each lipo on each flight, or as we do use single cell measuring over the jeti DC-16 radio with alarm for any cell running down under 3.5V during flight.

To be honest the XT 60 connectors are very close to the limit of the current, a fully loaded S800 draws around 90A while rising fast, we ALLWAYS go with two lipos and 6mm goldies or now with two XT-60 or even the new XT-90.
I have deans and a bunch of EC5's I need to switch over to. I like the XT60's but the amp rating like you said is borderline, at least for the flight pack connectors.

6s 5000mah (30C or higher) x 2 for 6s2p 10,000mah is plenty for our needs. We use 8000mah (or 4000mah per pack). Yes, if you loose a cell (or pack) you still have power from other pack to "get home". Those "big" packs do have their down falls.

I gave up on the voltage monitoring in flight because even with telemetry if something goes in flight it doesn't usually matter either way. Of course, we monitor the individual cells during charging.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:34 AM
Australia, NSW, Stanhope Gardens
Joined Aug 2012
320 Posts
HDMI output, anyone know if the status light turning red when turning the HDMI out put on is normal? Status is green till I switch HDMI on and then its red till turned off and it goes back to green. Havent tried any video out yet cause my receiver died and I'm waiting on a new one in the post.
Brett1868 is offline Find More Posts by Brett1868
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:26 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,223 Posts
I finally got my Z15 set up. I am using two R921 receivers and two JR9503 transmitters, one for flight and the other for Gimbal control. My issue is that I am getting no live video out of my Nex5n. I am set up as DJI recommends and the camera is recording at 1080i. The HDMI converter lights up green. The vTx and vRx are connecting, I can see that with another video source. I have checked the G8 connector between the gimbal and the GMU and it appears ok. It has got to be something simple, but I have spent most of the day on this. Any suggestions?
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:40 PM
Moyock, NC
Joined Jun 2005
67 Posts
Quote:
I finally got my Z15 set up. I am using two R921 receivers and two JR9503 transmitters, one for flight and the other for Gimbal control. My issue is that I am getting no live video out of my Nex5n. I am set up as DJI recommends and the camera is recording at 1080i. The HDMI converter lights up green. The vTx and vRx are connecting, I can see that with another video source. I have checked the G8 connector between the gimbal and the GMU and it appears ok. It has got to be something simple, but I have spent most of the day on this. Any suggestions?
@Tahoe Ed

I just received my GH2 gimbal Friday and got it setup. I too am having problems with the video output. I checked my GH2 by connecting it to television and it was good. Then I removed the vTx from the equation and connected the video from the GCU directly to a monitor. I am getting a jumpy black and white feed from it. I have checked the cables and connections and don't see anything wrong. I figure it may be a cable or or the HDMI converter. I am waiting to hear from Robert.
ghostrider2005 is offline Find More Posts by ghostrider2005
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2005 View Post
@Tahoe Ed

I just received my GH2 gimbal Friday and got it setup. I too am having problems with the video output. I checked my GH2 by connecting it to television and it was good. Then I removed the vTx from the equation and connected the video from the GCU directly to a monitor. I am getting a jumpy black and white feed from it. I have checked the cables and connections and don't see anything wrong. I figure it may be a cable or or the HDMI converter. I am waiting to hear from Robert.
I have a jumpy b/w feed as well.I assume its the video rx/tx (immersion 600 w 5.8).
Perhaps not?
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:16 PM
Moyock, NC
Joined Jun 2005
67 Posts
My issue is happening before it gets to the video transmitter. I have ruled it out.
ghostrider2005 is offline Find More Posts by ghostrider2005
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:38 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,223 Posts
I don't know what else to do, sounds like both of you have had some similar experiences. I sent an email to DJI I will let you know what I hear.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Jul 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
I have a jumpy b/w feed as well.I assume its the video rx/tx (immersion 600 w 5.8).
Perhaps not?
Check the format of the monitor and the camera.The camera can be set to PAL or NTSC. Set the monitor as what you set in GH2.
jerryandtom is offline Find More Posts by jerryandtom
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined Dec 2000
289 Posts
stripped conector

Hello I need a little help I was flying my S800 today and a semi hard landing the Zenmuse popped out of the anti vibration mount and stripped the wires I need to know what type of connector this is in the pic any help would be great.
This is the 8 pin connector that goes in the controller.
Spin_Doctor is offline Find More Posts by Spin_Doctor
Last edited by Spin_Doctor; Sep 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:44 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
I don't know what else to do, sounds like both of you have had some similar experiences. I sent an email to DJI I will let you know what I hear.
Yes thanks Ed I had assumed it was a vtx issue, but hadn't had time to check it.
So there might be a problem in the zenmuse hdmi converter. Let me know what they say

thx
FB
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1