Closed Thread
Old Feb 09, 2012, 06:23 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Complaint
here we go

well, someone has been data mining. the infracted post was made in June of 2011. (that would be over 200 days ago)
send this to appeals as the post has been up long enough to be considered a no violation.
why do i have to put up with this type of of abuse. it's clearly a response in retaliation.

Dear sgtdirt,

One of your posts has been found by a moderator to be in violation of RCGroups community rules:

For this violation, you have been given: 1 point(s).

After May 09, 2012, this infraction will be automatically forgiven.

An exhaustive list of rules for the site can be found on the RCGroups Rules page.

There is no further penalty for being warned other than the accumulation of points. You may accumulate 10 points before being subjected to a 5 day temporary ban from the site. Very few users reach the 10 point level by accident so if this is your first or second infraction, please accept the infraction point as merely a friendly reminder about the rules of the site.

An RCGroups administrator will perform a review of the infraction sometime within the next several days, at which time the infraction will either be reversed or confirmed. If you feel that you've received the infraction point in error please feel free to initiate a thread in Site Suggestions / Complaints. Address the administrators with your specific objection and they will attempt to assist you if a mistake has been made.

The reason you have been warned is because:

Reason: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior)
The post is designed to annoy other users, inflate the post count of the author, describe or recommend an illegal or recklessly dangerous activity, or give advice that, if followed, would cause obvious harm.

The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------
Please do not accuse other users of pedophilia for no reason.
-------

All the best,
RC Groups
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Last edited by sgtdirt; Feb 20, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:16 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
If the mod was to do a check on the user who reported my post, i'm pretty confident that it's a sock account.
I have a gut feeling that threatening Pm's are on the horizon. Specifically by the same user who harassed Murcoflyer. I do not need this nor do I want it. Please, let's address my appeal before it gets out of hand.
Last edited by sgtdirt; Feb 20, 2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added link
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:55 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,492 Posts
Link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=18548412
Warning - Trolling (Obnoxious Behavior)
Issue:

Quote:
well, someone has been data mining. the infracted post was made in June of 2011.
send this to appeals as the post has been up long enough to be considered a no violation.
why do i have to put up with this type of of abuse. it's clearly a response in retaliation.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:05 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
it's a good thing i qffr the post. in the posts, the user states that he has a sexual addiction. (i will not post it here but it can be sent via PM the to the Admin.)
why the mod decided to hide the posts that states the users behavior is a mystery to me. how could the mod redact my post which did not break site rules, then give me point.

here's the quote from the mod for the redaction.
Redacted Content Comment: The user redacted this content from his original post. Since it contains highly personal information it is being hidden. This is not an infraction, just a notice that your post will be hidden.
the user obviously made an edit after i quoted his post. how am i suppose to know that the user made an edit?

the most disturbing thing about this warning is the length at which a user has gone to make a report. it is apparent that the threat of data mining is real as i have been the victim of it twice (quite possibly by the same user). there has been discussion about this particular issue already.
please take the time to review the RCG policy (if there's one) on the subject of data mining and a time reference as to when posts can no longer be considered for a warning.
Last edited by sgtdirt; Feb 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Can this issue be addressed today or as soon as possible.
Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2012, 08:13 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
this appeal is going on the tenth day. can this be looked into, please.

thanks
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:13 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
please take care of this.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:20 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Last edited by sgtdirt; Mar 03, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:03 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
has anyone looked into this appeal?
Old Mar 09, 2012, 06:59 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
wow! this has got to be a record. oh, wait...there are some posts older than mine that haven't been address. (my bad)
please, do take your time with my appeal as there are MANY ahead of me -waiting patiently- to have their appeals overturned.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:15 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
can someone explain how this happens...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=21
when me and a bunch of others have to wait more than a month to have our appeals even looked at.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:05 PM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,425 Posts
The appeal process is intentionally slow.

This warning point is fair. I'm not taking any action.

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Closed Thread